The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 159 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

Timlin...... sucks......

On a good note it's nice to see David Ortiz is back to his old self. Just a homer shy of the cycle. YES Ortiz hit a triple, double and single with 4 RBIs.

Damn, that was brutal tonight and I'm not saying that trying to rub anything in, I'm just stating the fact (I watched the game). I thought you guys were starting to show signs off your old self with the comeback but Timlim gives it back after getting a generous third strike call the batter prior to Gathwright. With the Angels tied with the Red Sox for third place in the Wild Card standing coming into tonight I think it's just about done for the Red Sox this season. Trying to leap 2 teams is hard enough but trying to leap 3 with 20 something games left is almost impossible!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Damn, that was brutal tonight and I'm not saying that trying to rub anything in, I'm just stating the fact (I watched the game). I thought you guys were starting to show signs off your old self with the comeback but Timlim gives it back after getting a generous third strike call the batter prior to Gathwright. With the Angels tied with the Red Sox for third place in the Wild Card standing coming into tonight I think it's just about done for the Red Sox this season. Trying to leap 2 teams is hard enough but trying to leap 3 with 20 something games left is almost impossible!

The team has no chance with Papelbon and Schilling out. Those injuries in early August killed this team, especially the Lester news. But that's not to even say they'd still make the playoffs if none of those things happened (personally I'm glad Lester got into the car accident and hurt his back so they could find the cancer quick enough). I just would have liked to see some meaningful games in September. This team is brutual to watch. Yeah Kevin Jarvins started but how could the Royals score 10 runs off the Sox? And how could the Sox only have 3 runs going into the 8th? It's pathetic. The team is just pathetic and wiped out right now. They have no chance. I thought they might if they swept the White Sox, Royals and O's heading into the Yankee series but now no chance.

Like I said I'm down on the FO right now and they have a lot of work to do to convince me the team is going to be good next year and in the future.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Finkle = Last Red Sox fan on this board standing!

Hey I don't have anything to hide. I tell it like it is (most of the time :wink:). This team sucks. They have been a huge disappointed and I'm pissed that they played like crap and all fell apart and quit. They may turn it around next year but I have my doubts due to the FO making numerous mistakes since the end of 2004.

In my opinion Theo should be on the hot seat after the 2007 season if these prospects don't pan out. I am however encouraged that players like the last couple of prospects that came up through the Sox system such as Papelbon, Lester, Hanley Ramirez, Freddy Sanchez, Anibal Sanchez, Cla Meredith, Matt Murton and to a (much) lesser degree Craig Hansen and Manny Delcarmen have turned into pretty good major league talents instead of the overhyped players like Brian Rose, Wilton Veras, Tomo Okha, Paxton Crawford, etc of the world that have been hyped to the moon and never amounted to anything. So maybe Theo and company are on to something. It's just too bad that 5 of the players I mentioned have been helping other teams out instead.

But to be fair to the other good Red Sox posters, there's not much to talk about these days but they have been around posting.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

hmm.. I wonder why?

This thread has turned into nothing but a Red Sox hate fest. I love talking about the Red Sox, but all everyone ever talks about are the Marlins and the Yankees.

I couldn't give two ****s less about either team, so why would I waste my time responding to this thread? And if on the off chance it's something about the Red Sox, I get tired of defending the Wily Mo Pena deal to people who don't watch the Red Sox on a daily basis for the 50,000th time.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

Ha still standing here, just trying to hide behind our awful season we are having.. Repeat, it is brutal to watch RedSox baseball when some innings we couldn't get 3 outs of a team of bat-boys our pitching is god awful..

That being said this thread has turned into a come in put the Sox down and leave thread, I thought this was susposed to happen in the Yankee thread.. Guess thats what happens when you just win a WS recently in dramatic fashion..

GreenMonster said:
Ha still standing here, just trying to hide behind our awful season we are having.. Repeat, it is brutal to watch RedSox baseball when some innings we couldn't get 3 outs of a team of bat-boys our pitching is good awful..

That being said this thread has turned into a come in put the Sox down and leave thread, I thought this was susposed to happen in the Yankee thread.. Guess thats what happens when you just win a WS recently in dramatic fashion..

I haven't watch a full Sox game, from the first pitch to the last, since the last time I went to Fenway (last game of the Yankee/Sox series when Wells pitched).

They're horrible to watch. I tried to watch last nights game from the 4th inning on but turned it off in the 9th in a tie game because I was so bored. I have much more respect for a Royals, Pirates or Devil Ray season ticket holder now.

Delcarmen has not looked good lately.. Our 1st free agent signing better be a stud starter or bullpen guy.. And whatever money the Sox are looking into spending on a RF, dear god save it for more pitching.. If we bring back Nixon I will be pissed..

GreenMonster said:
Delcarmen has not looked good lately.. Our 1st free agent signing better be a stud starter or bullpen guy.. And whatever money the Sox are looking into spending on a RF, dear god save it for more pitching.. If we bring back Nixon I will be pissed..

Delcarmen is making me very nervous. When he first started to suck it was said because he had a problem with his thumb and therefore couldn't get the snap on his curveball off. But now who knows, maybe he's not as good as he was?

The Sox better not resign Nixon, if they do then the Arroyo trade will be a horrible move because the whole reason as to why the Sox got Pena was to be the starting RFer next year and for the future and in my opinion the guy earned his spot.

The FA class this year isn't very strong, in fact it's as bad as last year. The only notable players are Sheffield, Zito, Mulder, Carlos Lee, Soriano, Dany Baez and Eric Gagne. The Sox should stay away from Lee, Sheffield and Soriano. Also Mulder is coming off of arm surgery and I'm not sure if Zito is an East Coast pitcher plus he'll be getting a huge contract thanks to Boras. Baez and Gagne are interesting choice. Baez is interesting because he was pretty good with Cleveland and Tampa Bay but sucked for LAD and the Braves. But hey they should still go after him. Gagne I'm throw him a 2 year, 3 mill a year deal plus bonuses, plus an option year. If healthy the guy is one of the best closers in baseball, then the Sox could move Papelbon into the rotation. Should be an interesting offseason for sure.

i read this everyday, i just have nothign to add as finkle pretty much sums up what every redsox fan thinks

inFINSible said:
I've read every word in this thread.

ucfinfan86 said:
i read this everyday, i just have nothign to add as finkle pretty much sums up what every redsox fan thinks

You guys don't have to explain yourself to anyone here. The Sox fans here on FH know that you're here through it all whether the Sox are playing good or bad or whether you post everyday or not.

It's been a terrible year since the All-Star break (hell the Sox have the same record as the KC Royals). It's been depressing and upsetting all in one. Why talk about a team that flat out sucks? Like I said before I am thankful that the Sox have been good from 2003 to 2005 and gave a lot of good memories and I almost forgot about bad they were from 2000 to 2002 and before that. It's back to reality now that 2004 is now almost 2 years ago and this team needs to shape up or some people (Theo) have to ship out.

Finkle, if they want us to talk I guess we could discuss something that matters like bullpen and starting pitching options for us to sign in the offseason..

Back
Top Bottom