The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 161 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

quiet and respectful thread for 150 pages... then, the team gets decimated and goes into a tailspin and all the ****roaches come out...

the true nature of people is that they love to see others' pain... sad, really...

PressCoverage said:
quiet and respectful thread for 150 pages... then, the team gets decimated and goes into a tailspin and all the ****roaches come out...

the true nature of people is that they love to see others' pain... sad, really...
Pot meet kettle.

Ray Finkle said:
You guys don't have to explain yourself to anyone here. The Sox fans here on FH know that you're here through it all whether the Sox are playing good or bad or whether you post everyday or not.

It's been a terrible year since the All-Star break (hell the Sox have the same record as the KC Royals). It's been depressing and upsetting all in one. Why talk about a team that flat out sucks? Like I said before I am thankful that the Sox have been good from 2003 to 2005 and gave a lot of good memories and I almost forgot about bad they were from 2000 to 2002 and before that. It's back to reality now that 2004 is now almost 2 years ago and this team needs to shape up or some people (Theo) have to ship out.
It has been hell...:(

We were in trouble as soon as we lost Tek. The way he handled the young pitchers can't be replaced.

Originally Posted by Ortiz
"Don't get me wrong -- he's a great player, having a great season, but he's got a lot of guys in that lineup," Ortiz said of Jeter. "Top to bottom, you've got a guy who can hurt you. Come hit in this lineup, see how good you can be."

Nothing truer has been said. God I hate the yankees and I hate no salary cap in baseball. Put a cap in there and then see how good the Yankees do.

Dolfan984 said:
Nothing truer has been said. God I hate the yankees and I hate no salary cap in baseball. Put a cap in there and then see how good the Yankees do.

You really think the Yankees are the only team to benefit from no salary cap in baseball?

My take on the David Ortiz thing:

He shouldn't have said that because it makes him look bad and selfish, something he isn't. This is not Ortiz and I'm surprised he said that. Ortiz is nothing but a true class act and a very very well liked guy in and around baseball. Ortiz is someone who baseball should be marketed around (along with Jeter, David Wright, Pujols, Willis and others). The guy has a great personality and is always smiling so again I'm just surprised he said this.

UCFinfan86 nailed it on the head, Ortiz is probably frustrated at both the way the team is playing and his health but still he should have kept his mouth shut.

Anyway I don't think this is that big of a deal as people are making it out to be and will be forgotten in a week after the season ends. Maybe even by next week after the Yankees clinch the playoffs.

Motion said:
You really think the Yankees are the only team to benefit from no salary cap in baseball?

Not at all. They're just the worst, and year after year it seems like they have an allstar at nearly every position. They're like the 80's 49ers.

Kason Gabbard doesn't look too bad, granted he pulled a muscle in his side and had to leave the game in the 5th but I'm impressed especially considering I never heard of him (apparently Francona didn't either) when the season started.

Dolfan984 said:
Not at all. They're just the worst, and year after year it seems like they have an allstar at nearly every position. They're like the 80's 49ers.

And they still havent won a world series in a while, so IMO its fair

Timlin is terrible. Had a 5 run lead in the 9th to Baltimore and gives up 4 runs and left with runners on 3rd and 1st with 2 outs.

Motion said:

My god... Another money debate with another Yankee fan repeating the lie to himself that money doesn't matter...

It's almost like a Bush supporter insisting there was a link between Iraq and al qaeda, still...

PressCoverage said:
My god... Another money debate with another Yankee fan repeating the lie to himself that money doesn't matter...

It's almost like a Bush supporter insisting there was a link between Iraq and al qaeda, still...

:boohoo: Money talks and you know what walks, so get your walk on!

PressCoverage said:

lol I think it is funny that everytime you mention payroll, the thread just turns into a Yankee fan b1tch session.

There is no way to avoid salary discussion. It comes with having the highest payroll in all of pro sports. they want all of the credit but none of the criticism? It doesn't work that way.

Ray Finkle said:
Timlin is terrible. Had a 5 run lead in the 9th to Baltimore and gives up 4 runs and left with runners on 3rd and 1st with 2 outs.

Timlin is done.. Why do we keep giving this guy innings, he isn't helping us win games and he isn't young.. Give him the Axe./

Back
Top Bottom