The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 163 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

Big Papi again! He's certainly giving the fans at Fenway something to cheer about! 52 homers and counting....

Also nice to see Beckett pitching very well again tonight and also recently. Hopefully it's a step towards next year.

Ray Finkle said:
Big Papi again! He's certainly giving the fans at Fenway something to cheer about! 52 homers and counting....

Also nice to see Beckett pitching very well again tonight and also recently. Hopefully it's a step towards next year.

BDD_FG_rsflsings-1.jpg

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Finkle, aren't you tired of talking to yourself in this thread yet?

Is that why you stopped by? To keep me company? I really appreciate you keeping such a close eye on me recently, it makes me feel special. So how are things? How's life?

Ray Finkle said:
Is that why you stopped by? To keep me company? I really appreciate you keeping such a close eye on me recently, it makes me feel special. So how are things? How's life?

He is here to comfort us I guess..:D

GreenMonster said:
He is here to comfort us I guess..:D

:cooldude:

What more can a couple of miserable Red Sox fans want right?

I mean I would think that he'd be out celebrating 9 straight division titles instead of taking time out of his day to stick it to us huh?

Ray Finkle said:
:cooldude:

What more can a couple of miserable Red Sox fans want right?

I mean I would think that he'd be out celebrating 9 straight division titles instead of taking time out of his day to stick it to us huh?

Whats better than talking baseball with Finkle and GreenMonster.. :lol:

GreenMonster said:
Whats better than talking baseball with Finkle and GreenMonster.. :lol:

Good point.... not much, that I know of anyway.

Beckett looked good tonight. If I didn't see the game and heard someone was up 6 to 0 I would have bet it would have been the Twins especially with Santana pitching.

Ray Finkle said:
Good point.... not much, that I know of anyway.

Beckett looked good tonight. If I didn't see the game and heard someone was up 6 to 0 I would have bet it would have been the Twins especially with Santana pitching.

Beckett, I still love him.. Beckett has all the skills needed to be Johan Santana but lacks knowing how to pitch.. He has some of the best stuff in the majors, he just doesn't know how to use it yet.. He is gonna have to step up his game next year, because Schilling will not be the same.. He was starting to loss some of it this year, I hope he can just be Randy Johnson esq..

GreenMonster said:
Beckett, I still love him.. Beckett has all the skills needed to be Johan Santana but lacks knowing how to pitch.. He has some of the best stuff in the majors, he just doesn't know how to use it yet.. He is gonna have to step up his game next year, because Schilling will not be the same.. He was starting to loss some of it this year, I hope he can just be Randy Johnson esq..

I agree. I love him too. I really think he'll be fine in the AL. I think he has the ego and guts to pitch in big games and in this league. But you're right he needs to learn how to pitch. Remember he's still a kid and is only 1 year older than Jonathan Papelbon. I think once he realizes he can't always blow the fastball by a hitter and uses his curve and change up more and locates his fastball he'll be fine. I really do believe that because he's too good to be another Matt Clement.

Pedoria is coming around a bit better lately.. I am not sure if we can just pencil him in at 2nd though yet.. I am also not convinced we should move Coco Crisp yet, I am giving him another year atleast, plus we only need a stopgap till we give Ellsbury a look..

Foulke's contract has a 1.5 million dollar buyout.. I thought he had a full player option, pretty sure the Sox are gonna make him 1.5 million richer quick..

GreenMonster said:
Pedoria is coming around a bit better lately.. I am not sure if we can just pencil him in at 2nd though yet.. I am also not convinced we should move Coco Crisp yet, I am giving him another year atleast, plus we only need a stopgap till we give Ellsbury a look..

Pedroia is very good with his glove but his bat needs work. He has a huge upper cut swing. He's not a home run hitter, he should be focused on hitting line drives.

I agree with Coco. I'd like to see him back with the Sox next year. I don't think he's as bad as he played this year. I think his injuried finger really hurt his season. He was red hot coming out of spring training and the first week of the year was playing well. Then he got hurt with his finger and then kidney stones which slowed him down and I feel that when he came back he put a lot of pressure on himself to do well. I'd give him another year simply because who can we get to play CF realistically without giving up the farm for Vernon Wells or Jones. I wouldn't be surprised if Ellsbury is up with the club by June, maybe sooner depending on how he does in Fall Ball and Spring Training.

Yeah I think its time to cut Foulke loose. I love him for 2004 but he seemed to just fall apart and I'm sure he can't wait to get the hell out of Boston.

The Sox have their work cut out for them next year. The basically need to build a bullpen out of nothing. And I don't think they should be counting on Lester being in the rotation next year at all because really who knows what's going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom