The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 160 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

GreenMonster said:
Finkle, if they want us to talk I guess we could discuss something that matters like bullpen and starting pitching options for us to sign in the offseason..

I mentioned them before: Zito, Mulder, Baez, Gagne are the big 4. I'd try and go after. Some harder than others.

Here's a link to all the 2007 FA: http://www.mlb4u.com/freeagency.php

Again the lack of good pitchers or even FA is alarming. Especially considering this team needs a lot of work.

Here's a list of potential trade block players: http://www.mlb4u.com/trade07.php

Vernon Wells, Andruw Jones, Texierra, Mike Gonzalez, Willis, Lidle, Linebrink, and Tankersly look good to me.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I guess you gotta try to win something when your team stinks as bad as the Red Sox do right now!

So who are you going to sign this offseason after you dont win the world series again :D

Alex44 said:
So who are you going to sign this offseason after you dont win the world series again :D

Whoever we want, just like always! :lol:

Who you guys going to trade when you don't make the playoffs?

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Whoever we want, just like always! :lol:

Who you guys going to trade when you don't make the playoffs?

No-one, and will be in the playoffs next year if not this one.

You would think you would get the 5 of the best starters in the league rather than just try to outslug everyone, Offense wins games, Pitching wins championships

I think Ortiz has the right to be frustrated, however idk if he should win it, he missed valueable time this year(not his fault, but doesn't matter) I think the voters might actually use this against him in voting as well. I don't like that he stooped down to the yankees level and started whining, however i do like him talking **** about jeter :)

UCFinfan86 said:
I think Ortiz has the right to be frustrated, however idk if he should win it, he missed valueable time this year(not his fault, but doesn't matter) I think the voters might actually use this against him in voting as well. I don't like that he stooped down to the yankees level and started whining, however i do like him talking **** about jeter :)

Same thing that hurts Pujols

I think in all this Ryan Howard talk in the NL is that if Pujols didnt miss time he would have about the same power numbers with a better average

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2584168

Ortiz said:
"Don't get me wrong -- he's a great player, having a great season, but he's got a lot of guys in that lineup," Ortiz said of Jeter. "Top to bottom, you've got a guy who can hurt you. Come hit in this lineup, see how good you can be."

Jeter said:
"I'm not thinking about the MVP right now," he told reporters Monday. "We're thinking about winning a division. We've still got something to play for."
He then added, "No one here's focused on individual awards."
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom