The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread

Really. I think we had to make a deal like that. Ramirez could be a solid left handed pitcher. Is Soriano that good of a reliever?
Yes he is. I was extremely jealous that you got him for the Mets personal whipping ball known as HoRam.

The biggest knock on Soriano is that his fastball is too straight, but its not quite Benitez straight so I wouldnt worry.

Well the season got under way today. We fought back to beat the Phillies in extra innings. McCann had a nice day. And Renteria kept us in it with two big HRs to tie it in the 8th and to take the lead in the 10th.

By most accounts I have heard, they are predicted to finish 3rd in the NL East. They should have a good year. But it will be tough to beat out the Phils and Mets.

We made a few changes here and there. Hopefully the bullpen is solidified after the debacle that was last year.

If things go right, we could grab what should be a tough and close division this year. But at worst, I think we should be in the mix most of the year.

What do you guys think? How do you like the Braves' chances?

Myers pitched such a nice game, and then Edgar had to ruin it. The Phils blew it late in the game with runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs and couldn't score. Typical Phil's baseball. :tantrum:

Myers pitched such a nice game, and then Edgar had to ruin it. The Phils blew it late in the game with runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs and couldn't score. Typical Phil's baseball. :tantrum:

Myers has some nasty stuff. When he is on, he is tough to beat. Don't know why he throws a veteran hitter like Renteria a fastball right down the middle on an 0-2 count. His curveball was so good that he should have just bounced a couple in the dirt.

I missed the game today due to work but it looks like their bullpen did a good job. That's a pretty big relief after last season. Hopefully it holds up. If it does I think they'll compete for the division again.

I'm planning on going to the Mets game on Saturday at the Ted. I've been to about ten Braves games in my lifetime and they've never lost. Hopefully that holds up this weekend.

I missed the game today due to work but it looks like their bullpen did a good job. That's a pretty big relief after last season. Hopefully it holds up. If it does I think they'll compete for the division again.

I'm planning on going to the Mets game on Saturday at the Ted. I've been to about ten Braves games in my lifetime and they've never lost. Hopefully that holds up this weekend.
Welcome to the thread. Hopefully we can slow down the mets this year and at least contend for the division. The bullpen looked descent. As I stated earlier there were some hits they gave up that I can not understand but they held and were able to keep philly from scoring. smoltz got pulled in the 6th inning I believe or after the 6th inning, then soriano, whickman and paronto. I was suprised aobut how well paronto seemed to get the last 3 batters unless they just gave up. Soriano and whickman got themselves into jams but were able to pitch their way out of it. It didn't look great but hopefully the bullpen will get better as the season progresses.

edit: I might be missing someone else who helped close but I'm not sure.

Welcome to the thread. Hopefully we can slow down the mets this year and at least contend for the division. The bullpen looked descent. As I stated earlier there were some hits they gave up that I can not understand but they held and were able to keep philly from scoring. smoltz got pulled in the 6th inning I believe or after the 6th inning, then soriano, whickman and paronto. I was suprised aobut how well paronto seemed to get the last 3 batters unless they just gave up. Soriano and whickman got themselves into jams but were able to pitch their way out of it. It didn't look great but hopefully the bullpen will get better as the season progresses.

edit: I might be missing someone else who helped close but I'm not sure.

I think Gonzalez pitched an inning as well. Not totally sure but I think he did alright.

Chipper was on Sirius radio today. I caught a bit of it. They talked about how ATL didn't have the greatest fan support. Chipper said many times the opposing team has more fans there than the Braves do. But he said the fans that are there are great.

He had a weird story about Bob Wickman. He said they were on a bus and some big, fat, naked guy comes walking through the bus with a beer in his hand. He has these hand marks on his *** cause everyone would slap him as he walked by. He said Wickman is a bit out there obviously.

That's about all I heard. Chipper thinks we can contend because of the improved bullpen.

Chipper was on Sirius radio today. I caught a bit of it. They talked about how ATL didn't have the greatest fan support. Chipper said many times the opposing team has more fans there than the Braves do. But he said the fans that are there are great.

He had a weird story about Bob Wickman. He said they were on a bus and some big, fat, naked guy comes walking through the bus with a beer in his hand. He has these hand marks on his *** cause everyone would slap him as he walked by. He said Wickman is a bit out there obviously.

That's about all I heard. Chipper thinks we can contend because of the improved bullpen.

We've definitely been a lot louder than the visiting fans during the games I've been to. Chipper would have to be deaf not to notice the fans reaction - he's definitely the most popular player on the team. The women especially go crazy every time that guy does anything. :lol:

I may be a homer but I think the Braves will be the biggest threat to the Mets this season. A lot of it depends on how many games Chipper can play this season.

I don't think its that bad either. People in Atlanta do not attend regular season games, we are not an elite sportstown, yet have all the major teams. People do support them in the playoffs, but Braves baseball takes a major step back to college football, nascar, and great weather.

We've definitely been a lot louder than the visiting fans during the games I've been to. Chipper would have to be deaf not to notice the fans reaction - he's definitely the most popular player on the team. The women especially go crazy every time that guy does anything. :lol:

I may be a homer but I think the Braves will be the biggest threat to the Mets this season. A lot of it depends on how many games Chipper can play this season.
I agree. I think the Braves could shock alot of people this year. The questions that we can only find over time are how much more improved is our bullpen, and can our offense still produce. At least in my opinion. I think I am more worried about our offense producing then the bullpen.

I think Gonzalez pitched an inning as well. Not totally sure but I think he did alright.

Gonzalez pitched an inning. he walked the pitcher on 4 straight (yikes, had me scared!), then gave up a sharp single to left.

then all of a sudden he started throwing some wicked breaking stuff. got a gimme grounder or pop up (cannot remember which) for out number one, made Ryan Howard look baaaaad on a strikeout for out two, and then another K for out number three with Chase Utley up i believe.

Gonzalez pitched an inning. he walked the pitcher on 4 straight (yikes, had me scared!), then gave up a sharp single to left.

then all of a sudden he started throwing some wicked breaking stuff. got a gimme grounder or pop up (cannot remember which) for out number one, made Ryan Howard look baaaaad on a strikeout for out two, and then another K for out number three with Chase Utley up i believe.

Thanks for the breakdown. I thought I saw him throw some nasty breaking stuff. But I only saw a few pitches. If he is making Howard look bad and getting Utley out behind him he is doing well. Can't walk the freakin pitcher though. Inexcusable. Hopefully he just needed to settle down a bit.

Jeff Francoeur doubles, Brian McCann homers in the 9th to tie it at 2. Scott Thorman homers in the 11th and the Braves win 3-2. Baby Braves came through big time tonight.

Back
Top Bottom