The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread

Jeff Francoeur doubles, Brian McCann homers in the 9th to tie it at 2. Scott Thorman homers in the 11th and the Braves win 3-2. Baby Braves came through big time tonight.

Man they are the comeback kids so far this season. Sounds like the bullpen isn't imploding yet.

Man they are the comeback kids so far this season. Sounds like the bullpen isn't imploding yet.

Am I missing something about the Braves pen? After the moves they made in the offseason (Soriano/Gonzalez) it seems like they have a good 1-2-3 with those 2 and Wickman.

Am I missing something about the Braves pen? After the moves they made in the offseason (Soriano/Gonzalez) it seems like they have a good 1-2-3 with those 2 and Wickman.

They should have a good bullpen with those guys. I guess I'm just reserving judgement because of the debacle that it was last year.

They should have a good bullpen with those guys. I guess I'm just reserving judgement because of the debacle that it was last year.

Ah. I dont know the team very well so I thought maybe I was missing something. But yeah, I'd probably hold my breath also if I were a Braves fan.

I agree. I think the Braves could shock alot of people this year. The questions that we can only find over time are how much more improved is our bullpen, and can our offense still produce. At least in my opinion. I think I am more worried about our offense producing then the bullpen.

I'm not that worried about the hitting. They scored a lot of runs last year and I think they can score enough this year. They've still got some good bats. That McCann is something else. You know Chipper will have a couple of months too where he's on fire. That seems to happen every year.

I'm not that worried about the hitting. They scored a lot of runs last year and I think they can score enough this year. They've still got some good bats. That McCann is something else. You know Chipper will have a couple of months too where he's on fire. That seems to happen every year.

McCann is a beast. thats why they went ahead and did a long term deal with him, even though they didn't have to yet. and Chipper was very productive when healthy last year. his numbers were respectable even with all his missed games (.324, 24HR, 86RBI's i believe). it is all about him staying healthy, he will produce when he is healthy.

if the Braves get that swagger back, look out. and there is no better way for that to happen than what they have pulled off against the Phillies thus far.

We completed the sweep of the Phils today 8-4. Chuck James pitched well and the bats came alive. McCann continued to tear it up as he has his average up to .500. Everyone else chipped in and helped put the game out of reach. Soriano came in with bases loaded in the 9th with 2 outs and got the save with one pitch.

They are looking pretty good so far. They have pitched fairly well and got some timely hitting. Lets see if they can keep it up as they get the Mets in their home opener tomorrow I think.

We completed the sweep of the Phils today 8-4. Chuck James pitched well and the bats came alive. McCann continued to tear it up as he has his average up to .500. Everyone else chipped in and helped put the game out of reach. Soriano came in with bases loaded in the 9th with 2 outs and got the save with one pitch.

They are looking pretty good so far. They have pitched fairly well and got some timely hitting. Lets see if they can keep it up as they get the Mets in their home opener tomorrow I think.

Nice sweep for Atlanta. They should give the Mets all they can handle this weekend. I'll be there Saturday for Smoltz vs. Glavine, I can't wait.

Nice sweep for Atlanta. They should give the Mets all they can handle this weekend. I'll be there Saturday for Smoltz vs. Glavine, I can't wait.

Aw man. What a great matchup to see. Those two (along with Maddux, but less so) are still pitching really well. Glavine is certainly a HOFer. Some people think Smoltz is a HOFer. So that is potentially two future HOFers taking the hill. Have fun.

Should be great glavine is one of my favorite pitchers and has been for a long time. Atlanta really blew up today. Looking at the stats Mc Caan went .50 and Renteria is at a whoppping .46. Andruw went 1/3 it looks like. Another good aspect Paronta k'ed the first batter. Bad news he gave up hits after that from what I saw on the internet unless I am mistaking correct me please.
I still don't trust the bullpen but can you blame me. :goof:

Aw man. What a great matchup to see. Those two (along with Maddux, but less so) are still pitching really well. Glavine is certainly a HOFer. Some people think Smoltz is a HOFer. So that is potentially two future HOFers taking the hill. Have fun.
Smoltzy should because if I remember correctly, he broke a few records when he was coming out of the bullpen as a reliever.

Smoltzy should because if I remember correctly, he broke a few records when he was coming out of the bullpen as a reliever.

Yeah Tim Kurktian (sp..?), who knows his history, thinks he should be a HOFer. Smoltzy has something like 200 wins and 150 saves, which is something no one has ever done. So he has a pretty good case.

A year ago they had an SI article talking about future hall of famers. Smoltz was on the list which was shocking to me. I think both Smoltz and Glavine were unfairly thrust into Maddux's shadow. It was not till recently that I have heard the Glavine and Smoltz HOF talk. Maddux I have heard for quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom