The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread

Yeah Salty has looked good at times this year. And yeah even though its the Nats, thank god we got back on track. You gotta take care of the weak teams too.

How about that? A sweep. I don't care if it was against the Nats, I'll take it. I hope they can carry this over against the Marlins. I'm really starting to like this Saltalamacchia guy.
This is news to me who is he? God tell me he's a pitcher that is tearing it up for us.

This is news to me who is he? God tell me he's a pitcher that is tearing it up for us.

He is a catching prospect who is supposed to be even better than McCann. He has been getting some time at 1B and C. Had 2 HRs in one game the other night.

He's a catcher recently called up. He's been tearing it up at the plate and he's being kind of converted to a 1st baseman. It's went well for them so far.

He's a catcher recently called up. He's been tearing it up at the plate and he's being kind of converted to a 1st baseman. It's went well for them so far.
Would be nice to have a solid first basemen, and another bat in the lineup. Hopefully he can remain consistent. Man could you imagine if andruw started hitting as well. We'd def. be tough to beat.

edit: And then hampton fell from the sky and was like hey guys im all better!!!

just curious... did anybody ever hear of the Braves receiving ANY compensation from the Oakland A's for Ryan Langerhans???

they traded him to the A's for the proverbial "player to be named later." which is usually a minor leaguer.

i know the A's then turned around and dealt him to Washington, but seeing him in the lineup last night for the Nationals reminded me: i have never read or heard of the A's sending anyone back to the Braves for Langerhans.

Nah I haven't heard anything about compensation. I can't imagine it was much. Hopefully its a pitching prospect.

just curious... did anybody ever hear of the Braves receiving ANY compensation from the Oakland A's for Ryan Langerhans???

they traded him to the A's for the proverbial "player to be named later." which is usually a minor leaguer.

i know the A's then turned around and dealt him to Washington, but seeing him in the lineup last night for the Nationals reminded me: i have never read or heard of the A's sending anyone back to the Braves for Langerhans.

Good question. I can't think of what they got for him either.

the Braves seem to be out of their tale spin thankfully, but the mets decided to come out of theirs at the same time. i guess it isn't all bad news since they are manhandling the Phillies.

Hey just to let you guys know on Saturday when the Braves play the Padres, my teamate from high school might be pitching for you. His names Jo Jo Reyes. He got called up to replace Smoltz. I just think its pretty cool to know a major leaguer. I have more high school teamates on the Mets, Nationals and Brewers but they haven't got called up yet. I hope he does well and good luck to the Braves the rest of the way.

Hey just to let you guys know on Saturday when the Braves play the Padres, my teamate from high school might be pitching for you. His names Jo Jo Reyes. He got called up to replace Smoltz. I just think its pretty cool to know a major leaguer. I have more high school teamates on the Mets, Nationals and Brewers but they haven't got called up yet. I hope he does well and good luck to the Braves the rest of the way.

That's pretty cool. I hope he does well too. We could use another starter at the back end of the rotation. Good luck to the Angels too. You guys have a nice lead but those As always make a second half run.

Chipper seems to be ok. I don't know if the injury was really minor or if Smoltz calling him out lit a fire under him but he has been good ever since. He had two HRs last night to go along with Francoeur's HR. I think they are about 2 or 3 games behind the Mets right now. Not bad given the part of the schedule we have been playing through.

very cool...i am guessing your high school team was pretty good. thanks for the good luck wishes. here's hoping that Reyes comes thru big and gets the chance to stay around for awhile. Kyle Davies is not getting it done. though Chuck James has shows signs lately of turning the corner a bit.

Back
Top Bottom