The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread

They're still two games up. Wickman had me sweating tonight. A 6-4 road trip before the break isn't too bad. Much better considering the slump the Mets are in.

Chipper's a lock for the hall of fame. I know every time the game's on the line he's the guy as a fan I'd want to be up at the plate. He's been one of the best hitters in the league for a long time now and when healthy hasn't slowed down.

They're still two games up. Wickman had me sweating tonight. A 6-4 road trip before the break isn't too bad. Much better considering the slump the Mets are in.

Chipper's a lock for the hall of fame. I know every time the game's on the line he's the guy as a fan I'd want to be up at the plate. He's been one of the best hitters in the league for a long time now and when healthy hasn't slowed down.

I was reading that this year he has done less in terms of runners in scoring position. Sorry just thought I'd throw that out there. :lol:

I was reading that this year he has done less in terms of runners in scoring position. Sorry just thought I'd throw that out there. :lol:

Unless I'm mistaken Francoer's been the best this season at that. I still like to see Chipper up there. Jeff makes me nervous, he still lacks patience sometimes. If Atlanta needs a hit to win I want to see Chipper batting and McCann wins second just because I think they are the two best hitters on the team. They can just put the ball into play when they need to and they both have good power. I just don't worry as much about Ks with those guys like I do when Andruw or Francoer are up there.

McCann does seem to be getting things together at the plate after getting healthy... and even Andruw had three hits sunday night, which is more than he had all of June it seemed like.

1.5 games behind the mets for 1st place in the NL east. I have a feeling we'll be in first place this time next week!

1.5 games behind the mets for 1st place in the NL east. I have a feeling we'll be in first place this time next week!

I'll believe it when i see it. In past seasons I would have just expected it to happen but after last season I'm a little more skeptical.

Davies had a poor outing last night. He has been really inconsistent. I think we might have to add another arm to the rotation if we want to keep atop of the East with the Mets. There is just too much uncertainty at the back end of it right now.

Davies had a poor outing last night. He has been really inconsistent. I think we might have to add another arm to the rotation if we want to keep atop of the East with the Mets. There is just too much uncertainty at the back end of it right now.

Dontrelle Willis would be perfect. The guys on ESPN last night thought that Willis for Saltalamacchia would be a good all around trade. I'd be happy with it.

Dontrelle Willis would be perfect. The guys on ESPN last night thought that Willis for Saltalamacchia would be a good all around trade. I'd be happy with it.

I would do that and not even think twice. The value for a young, good, left handed starter is higher than a young, potentially good switch hitter. And when you add the fact that we need pitching a lot more than hitting, I think it makes a lot of sense. I question how likely it is given we are in the same division. But I'd like to see it happen.

I would do that and not even think twice. The value for a young, good, left handed starter is higher than a young, potentially good switch hitter. And when you add the fact that we need pitching a lot more than hitting, I think it makes a lot of sense. I question how likely it is given we are in the same division. But I'd like to see it happen.

It fills a need for both teams. It would be a perfect trade IMO. I'd be pretty excited to see the D-train pitching for the Braves. With Carlyle playing well lately we could have the four of the five starting spots in pretty good shape. I think that could be enough to overtake the Mets since they're close to them already as it is.

Watching Wickman blow the win for Hudson was disgusting last night. Bobby should have grown a set and let him stay in for that last out. Wickman can't even get one out now? What is wrong with this guy? At least they won but Hudson pitched a beautiful game and once again gets nothing to show for it. He should have 13 or 14 wins right now instead of 10.

Great job v.s. Bonds guys! Keep up the great work tonight!

*Note - You know its bad when a Marlin fan is rooting for the Braves

Yeah hopefully we continue to get consistent pitching, which hasn't really happened all year. I think Chuck James goes tonight. He has been one of those inconsistent ones. I doubt they sit Barry for lefties, cause he can hit anyone. But maybe James can give him a hard time.

Back
Top Bottom