The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread

very cool...i am guessing your high school team was pretty good. thanks for the good luck wishes. here's hoping that Reyes comes thru big and gets the chance to stay around for awhile. Kyle Davies is not getting it done. though Chuck James has shows signs lately of turning the corner a bit.

Ya we were really good. We won the Division 1 championship at Angel stadium my junior year. Reyes threw about 93 in high school so he probably thows in the mid to upper 90's now.

Chipper seems to be ok. I don't know if the injury was really minor or if Smoltz calling him out lit a fire under him but he has been good ever since. He had two HRs last night to go along with Francoeur's HR. I think they are about 2 or 3 games behind the Mets right now. Not bad given the part of the schedule we have been playing through.

2 games out now. It's a real shame that Edgar Renteria is not an all-star. I'm not surprised Chipper got snubbed but if you look he has outplayed some others that got in over him.. <cough> David Wright <cough>. Oh well. Oh well let the Mets have their all-stars and the Braves can just take the NL East as a consolation prize :lol:.

Man the NL is stacked at shortstop this year. Reyes, Renteria, Ramirez, Hardy, Rollins all deserve to be allstars. Chipper probably hurt his cause by missing some games. But even so, Wright probably got helped by being in the bigger market. But yeah, I'll take that NL East title over a few all stars. 2 games out with 2 to play in the first half is pretty good. I don't think we could have expected much more coming into the season.

And back to Chipper, they discussed his HOF status again on Baseball Tonight last night. Tim Kukjan says he is definitely in. His OBP is higher than every third baseman other than Wade Boggs. His slugging % is the best of any third baseman. He will have over 400 HRs when he is done. He has played a good defensive third and was the MVP one year. Pretty good resume.

Chipper has to be elected in the HOF, theres no way he cant. Like DolphinDave was saying. They discussed it on baseball tonight last night and said there was no way he wouldnt be accepted into the HOF

Man the NL is stacked at shortstop this year. Reyes, Renteria, Ramirez, Hardy, Rollins all deserve to be allstars. Chipper probably hurt his cause by missing some games. But even so, Wright probably got helped by being in the bigger market. But yeah, I'll take that NL East title over a few all stars. 2 games out with 2 to play in the first half is pretty good. I don't think we could have expected much more coming into the season.

And back to Chipper, they discussed his HOF status again on Baseball Tonight last night. Tim Kukjan says he is definitely in. His OBP is higher than every third baseman other than Wade Boggs. His slugging % is the best of any third baseman. He will have over 400 HRs when he is done. He has played a good defensive third and was the MVP one year. Pretty good resume.

If I remember right he won MVP for the 99 season.

In 1999, Jones won the National League MVP award after becoming the first player to ever hit over .300 (.319), slug 40 home runs (45), 40 doubles (41), record 100 walks (126), 100 RBI (110), 100 Runs scored (116), and steal 20 bases (25).[citation needed] Jones led the Braves to the World Series against the New York Yankees that year, in which the Braves were swept. He did, however, hit their only home run in the series, against Yankees' starter Orlando Hernández.[4]

No way in hell does he not get in IMO.

On my boy Andruw:

Won Minor League Player of the Year Award in 1995 and 1996
Jones was the youngest player in the National League in 1996
9-Time NL Gold Glove Award Winner (1998-2006)
6-Time All-Star (2000, 2002-03, 2005-07)
Inaugural National League All-Star Final Vote winnner (2002)
Led the Majors with 51 home runs in 2005
Holds Braves record for most home runs in a season (2005, with 51)
Led the National League with 656 at bats in 2000
Led the National League with 128 RBIs in 2005
NL Silver Slugger Award for CF in 2005
NL Hank Aaron Award as the best offensive player in 2005
NL Player of the Month for June and August 2005.
Major League Player of the Year for 2005
:D I tell you one thing we get rid of Andruw we will miss his glove. Sorry just thought I'd throw that out there. haha.

Greg Maddux getting beat up by his old mates. :err:

Andruw's got a good shot at the Hall. I think he might need to raise his batting average. But barring injury, he should be at least borderline.

Andruw's got a good shot at the Hall. I think he might need to raise his batting average. But barring injury, he should be at least borderline.

Hard to understand how AJ is having such a bad year. He does get a little ****y with some of his hot dog catches in the outfield, and he has that smirk going, but I think any team would like him in Centerfield. I think both the Jones boys should be in the HOF.

Hard to understand how AJ is having such a bad year. He does get a little ****y with some of his hot dog catches in the outfield, and he has that smirk going, but I think any team would like him in Centerfield. I think both the Jones boys should be in the HOF.

Andruw has never hit for a good average. I think as a pure hitter, he is nothing special. Certainly not in someone like Chipper's league. He tries to pull everything and hit it 500ft. He is talented enough to do that on a pretty regular basis even while not being a good hitter. But since he isn't, he is subject to slumps like these where he just looks lost.

Yeah I don't know why they put him in with a 4 run lead. It seems like he had been pitching a lot lately. I figured he needed a rest. Good thing we are at the break. I think the Mets' lead is down to a single game now.

Back
Top Bottom