The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread

I think I'd rather keep Tex and let Andruw walk. Yeah, he's a gold glove CF but he can't hit worth squat. The only thing that concerns me with renegotiating with Tex is Scott Boras

i feel the same way about it, let Andruw go, and sign Tex long term, Willie Harris can play center field.

and by the way AC, what up Monck's Corner, all the way from James Island! :D

Wouldnt bet on resigning Tex too much after he just turned down 8/140m according to the dallas morning news and kffl.com. Unless Tex is one of those players that truly isnt about the money. But you would think after two straight below (his) standards years and two injury filled years he would have taken the loot...

Wouldnt bet on resigning Tex too much after he just turned down 8/140m according to the dallas morning news and kffl.com. Unless Tex is one of those players that truly isnt about the money. But you would think after two straight below (his) standards years and two injury filled years he would have taken the loot...

I think he may want to stay in Atlanta, he went to Ga. Tech and his wife is from Georgia. I think that's a plus!

i feel the same way about it, let Andruw go, and sign Tex long term, Willie Harris can play center field.

and by the way AC, what up Monck's Corner, all the way from James Island! :D

Cool deal, we're thinking alike on this one. Must be the S.C. thing :lol:

Hey do you follow HS football much? My Berkeley Stags will be hosting a double-header on ESPN Sat. Aug 25 against two Florida teams. Summerville vs. Booker T. Washington at noon on ESPN (A.J. Green show) and Berkeley vs. First Coast from Jacksonville at 4 on ESPNU

Also, I think my Stags play J.I. Trojans this year for our homecoming. Looking forward to football on all levels!

Peace

I think he may want to stay in Atlanta, he went to Ga. Tech and his wife is from Georgia. I think that's a plus!
Oh i know that...i just dont know how you can fit andruw, tex, and everyone else in one budget unless the two mentioned take less to stay. And I hope they do....I want the mets to finally beat you when your team is good! :wink:

Oh i know that...i just dont know how you can fit andruw, tex, and everyone else in one budget unless the two mentioned take less to stay. And I hope they do....I want the mets to finally beat you when your team is good! :wink:

I think Andruw will be the odd man out

The Atlanta Braves were undoubtedly the big winners at the trade deadline, but the Boston Red Sox also helped themselves while preventing the rival New York Yankees from taking a step forward.
The Braves made the biggest strike early Monday afternoon, adding Texas Rangers first baseman Mark Teixeira and lefthander Ron Mahay, and followed that by adding another quality arm on Tuesday with the addition of Kansas City Royals closer Octavio Dotel.
"It makes us a World Series favorite, obviously, come on," Braves righthander Tim Hudson said.
Brave words from mr.Hudson.

And I think Tex is gone after his contract is up. From what I read he has little to no interest in being here that long.

Brave words from mr.Hudson.

And I think Tex is gone after his contract is up. From what I read he has little to no interest in being here that long.

Well they sure as hell better win soon if that is the case because Salty probably would have given us solid production at 1st. Tex better really give a lift to this team.

Well they sure as hell better win soon if that is the case because Salty probably would have given us solid production at 1st. Tex better really give a lift to this team.

Hence why I have not been to high on this trade. Seems like we will get a year and a half and then nothing. Unless there is someone else in the farm system that they can see bringing up? Either way though for what we gave this better be a deep playoff run or world series.

Andruw probably won't be back. We've known that for a while. If the FA market is not good for Andruw (I doubt that, even with the slump somebody will sign for his defensive skills alone.) he could be signed for less.

:lol: Don't hold your breath. We'll see what happens. The Mets have been less than stellar, they've allowed Atlanta and Philly to stay within striking distance. It should be an interesting last two months. Go Braves!!!!

You guys think you'll be able to sign Tex long term? He did play college ball at GT so maybe he'll be happy returning to ATL.

Surely they wouldn't have given up Salty and the other prospects if they didn't think they could keep him in Atlanta for several years. Surely......

He should be the best guy they've had on first since Fred McGriff.

Surely they wouldn't have given up Salty and the other prospects if they didn't think they could keep him in Atlanta for several years. Surely......

He should be the best guy they've had on first since Fred McGriff.

Don't forget the Big Cat Andres Galarraga!

I've been minding my temper by staying out of here lately, but I've finally come to terms with your moves. Congrats :err: Tex and Dotel were sorely needed and have me fearing the Braves for the first time in a year and a half.

Back
Top Bottom