The 2022 Running Back Debate | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2022 Running Back Debate

For me, Breece Hall is the guy. Would draft him in the 2nd.
I think he does a lot of things pretty well. Kind of hard to fall in love with any running back after seeing so many better options the last couple of years.

But he could complement what Miami has with Gaskin etc.

Good to see you posting, by the way. Hope all is well.

I think he does a lot of things pretty well. Kind of hard to fall in love with any running back after seeing so many better options the last couple of years.

But he could complement what Miami has with Gaskin etc.

Good to see you posting, by the way. Hope all is well.

I hear you, but after Jonathan Taylor and Travis Etienne (health pending), I don't have anyone from the last two classes ahead of Hall. He gets the yards that are there (really good and pressing the line and exploding through the hole) has dynamic feet (cutbacks and jump-cuts remind me of Shady McCoy), and he breaks arm tackles. Not super fast, but he's fast enough. His combo of elusiveness and power is high-end imo. Guys who move the way he does aren't typically big and strong enough to consistently get yards after contact.

His pad level was a bit of a concern for me in 2020, but I didn't see any issues with it in 2021, and he also looks smooth catching the ball. Has a drop in the clip I posted, but he generally looks smooth transitioning from catch to run, and he made a gorgeous one-handed catch vs Oklahoma.

And thanks SF! Always good to see you, and I hope all is well with you, too 🙏

Breece Hall is my top RB in the draft and I have a round 2 grade on him. Kenneth Walker is my second and really like him a lot. He leads the nation with 77 broken tackle and over 1100 yards after contact. After that Robinson, Spiller and don't sleep on Price out of FIU. They should be able to get one of those guys in rounds 2-3.

I would also really like to sign Fournette. If they can do that then I think the need to draft a RB on day 2 is reduced greatly.

I dont watch alot of college football but value options here. Any thoughts how some of these running backs mentioned are in pass pro blocking ?

Breece Hall is my top RB in the draft and I have a round 2 grade on him. Kenneth Walker is my second and really like him a lot. He leads the nation with 77 broken tackle and over 1100 yards after contact. After that Robinson, Spiller and don't sleep on Price out of FIU. They should be able to get one of those guys in rounds 2-3.

I would also really like to sign Fournette. If they can do that then I think the need to draft a RB on day 2 is reduced greatly.

Same Top 2. Hall's ability as a receiver and prolonged high-end play give him the edge for me. Wouldn’t be mad at Walker, though.

I hear you, but after Jonathan Taylor and Travis Etienne (health pending), I don't have anyone from the last two classes ahead of Hall. He gets the yards that are there (really good and pressing the line and exploding through the hole) has dynamic feet (cutbacks and jump-cuts remind me of Shady McCoy), and he breaks arm tackles. Not super fast, but he's fast enough. His combo of elusiveness and power is high-end imo. Guys who move the way he does aren't typically big and strong enough to consistently get yards after contact.

His pad level was a bit of a concern for me in 2020, but I didn't see any issues with it in 2021, and he also looks smooth catching the ball. Has a drop in the clip I posted, but he generally looks smooth transitioning from catch to run, and he made a gorgeous one-handed catch vs Oklahoma.

And thanks SF! Always good to see you, and I hope all is well with you, too 🙏

Even over Javonte Williams?

I did read that Hall is related to the high-stepping Roger Craig.

As weak as our oline is a RB that is great after contact is the type of guy we need. We need a guy that only requires a crease because that's about all you'll get running behind these guys. I'm hoping either Duke Johnson or Phillip Lindsley can give us a nice shot in the arm. But, we must draft a RB for '22. Walker or Hall might be excellent!!

Even over Javonte Williams?

I did read that Hall is related to the high-stepping Roger Craig.

His cousin iirc. I was high on Williams, but Hall's cutback ability, paired with his sweet feet is the type of trait that really puts pressure on the D while making the OL look better than it is.

He averaged a full ypc more than Montgomery, who is a good RB. Williams is better at breaking tackles. Hall is better at not needing to, and he's still very good at breaking tackles.

His cousin iirc. I was high on Williams, but Hall's cutback ability, paired with his sweet feet is the type of trait that really puts pressure on the D while making the OL look better than it is.

He averaged a full ypc more than Montgomery, who is a good RB. Williams is better at breaking tackles. Hall is better at not needing to, and he's still very good at breaking tackles.
Good point. Have to know when to break those tackles and when to maybe not take those extra hits.

Always value your draft knowledge. I'll definitely take another look at Hall. How do you view Cook? I know he isn't a power back.

Id be mad with Keneth Walker in any round. He is 210. You do not draft a 210 lb running back. That's too small a frame!
Matter of fact, now that I think about, I will scratch Walker off the draftable running backs list.

Id be mad with Keneth Walker in any round. He is 210. You do not draft a 210 lb running back. That's too small a frame!
Matter of fact, now that I think about, I will scratch Walker off the draftable running backs list.

I mean, you don't have to try hard to find sub-210 lb RB's who were at or near the top of the league. Not saying Walker is that kind of back, but he's good.

I mean, you don't have to try hard to find sub-210 lb RB's who were at or near the top of the league. Not saying Walker is that kind of back, but he's good.
I am not a fan of fkn around and seeing if it will work out. The approach should be to get the best kind of RB, and 210 RB is not that.

Back
Top Bottom