The 2022 Running Back Debate | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2022 Running Back Debate

A little bird told me that the next big fad to hit Offensive play design will be Running backs. Why? Because, everyone is geared up to stop the pass with smaller, faster LBs. Some teams are realizing that these Defenses are ill equipped to stop a punishing run game. You heard here first (technically second).

Id be mad with Keneth Walker in any round. He is 210. You do not draft a 210 lb running back. That's too small a frame!
Matter of fact, now that I think about, I will scratch Walker off the draftable running backs list.
You funny!

But stop the nonsense!

Just go check out this dude:

Walter Payton

5 10

200 lbs

OMG!!!!

A little bird told me that the next big fad to hit Offensive play design will be Running backs. Why? Because, everyone is geared up to stop the pass with smaller, faster LBs. Some teams are realizing that these Defenses are ill equipped to stop a punishing run game. You heard here first (technically second).
No joke. As usual, BB has been ahead of that trend.

Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith..Curtis Martin, Walter Payton Etc, hall of famers.

Want a good Player, good instincts, good vision, hands, tough, finisher, don’t care of the size.

No. That's not how it is. It's not an eye test!
First, need a RB with over 200 carries, a running back who has played a lot, carried the ball, and has good production, over 5 average with 200+ carries, and preferably in more than one or just the last season.
Second, combine, needs to be physically explosive. can jump160 inches combined vert and broad.
And finally, we need a running back with all that plus size to move the pile and punish defenses.
Only then, you can look at film to see if you like them.

This has been going on for a while and there is absolutely no reason not to have a bonafide power back in the NFL.

It's probably why Latavius Murray is still getting paid.

First, need a RB with over 200 carries, a running back who has played a lot, carried the ball, and has good production, over 5 average with 200+ carries, and preferably in more than one or just the last season.
Second, combine, needs to be physically explosive. can jump160 inches combined vert and broad.
And finally, we need a running back with all that plus size to move the pile and punish defenses.
You didn’t mention anything about size ?

While there are several backs in the NFL in the 205-215 range, I am with you on the bigger backs. With the NFL being a passing league most defenses have moved to a little smaller and quicker league. Often playing nickel with only 2 LB's. Give me a 225 lbs back that has explosion. They can run through arm tackles from smaller LB's and DB's. For Miami to take that RPO offense to a different level they need a back that can run between the tackles, hit the holes, and get yards after contact. Johnson did a really good job of that yesterday.

With all that being said, I like Walker, yes he's 215, but he also led the nation in broken tackles (77) and yards after contact (1168).

Back
Top Bottom