The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 151 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Maybe some truth to it after all or someone is product seeding for their own benefit.

Imagine they do trade and someone jumps in front to take his guy hahaha. Hello Washington.

Chargers wouldn't make the trade until they were on the clock and knew for sure.

Man that would be some very big, live on-air, breaking news if it broke right after Marvin Harrison's name was announced to Arizona.

Harbaugh about to trade Herbie to Minnesota so he can get his guy? 🤣

No way that happens. Harbaugh was selective for his NFL return, choosing a team close to home with already having the most difficult piece of the puzzle to find, a franchise QB. Im sure he likes McCarthy, but he doesnt like him that much. first year head coaches just don't trade away franchise QB's for unproven rookie, that would be career suicide.

No way that happens. Harbaugh was selective for his NFL return, choosing a team close to home with already having the most difficult piece of the puzzle to find, a franchise QB. Im sure he likes McCarthy, but he doesnt like him that much. first year head coaches just don't trade away franchise QB's for unproven rookie, that would be career suicide.
That's what you and I would do. With him??? Reminds me of Denver's Coach, what's his name?

I don't see it as far fetched. You always get more time when you draft a new QB and you get the benefit of a QB on a rookie contract, plus he'd get all those draft picks. It also largely depends on how he feels about Herbert.

I don't see it as far fetched. You always get more time when you draft a new QB and you get the benefit of a QB on a rookie contract, plus he'd get all those draft picks. It also largely depends on how he feels about Herbert.

No way during the hiring process when chargers interviewed Harbaugh would their GM and owner be on board for them trading their QB (who they are very high on and in love with) for JJ McCarthy. No way since they hired Harbaugh would they be OK with this game plan. Coaching has clearly been the chargers issue, not the QB. I think it is very far fetched. Zero percent chance it happens. Not happening right now. Could it happen down the road? Sure but not right now. If Harbaugh is the coach that everyone believes he is then Chargers can do some damage with him and Herbert. It would be dumb to not even give it a go at least one season of Herbert and Harbaugh together.

they let their whole starting skillset players to walk, Williams, Keenan Allen, Eckler and Gerald Everrett..

lol thats crazy, talk about a rebuild, why not I ask, hes got a proven winner in mccarthy and knows what he can and cant do..a perfect situation for a blockbuster deal to take place, harbaugh knows what hes doing, I say go for it Jim.

No way during the hiring process when chargers interviewed Harbaugh would their GM and owner be on board for them trading their QB (who they are very high on and in love with) for JJ McCarthy. No way since they hired Harbaugh would they be OK with this game plan. Coaching has clearly been the chargers issue, not the QB. I think it is very far fetched. Zero percent chance it happens. Not happening right now. Could it happen down the road? Sure but not right now. If Harbaugh is the coach that everyone believes he is then Chargers can do some damage with him and Herbert. It would be dumb to not even give it a go at least one season of Herbert and Harbaugh together.
Agreed..
this is just Harbaugh trying to be the puppetmaster imo
Puppet Master Luke GIF by Australian Survivor

they let their whole starting skillset players to walk, Williams, Keenan Allen, Eckler and Gerald Everrett..

lol thats crazy, talk about a rebuild, why not I ask, hes got a proven winner in mccarthy and knows what he can and cant do..a perfect situation for a blockbuster deal to take place, harbaugh knows what hes doing, I say go for it Jim.

Players like Williams, Keenan Allen, Eckler, and Everett get traded or released all the time, especially at their ages. QB's like Herbert at his age do not get traded. I still have a hard time believing that the Chargers brass would be ok with this. I think its the opposite, I think the chargers front office hired harbaugh because they were excited about having Herbert and harbaugh together. Coaching has been their issue, not the QB. Trading Herbert isn't happening, not right now anyways, they have to at least see how they do together.

I hear what you’re saying but on the flip side, what if after two seasons it’s the same old Chargers and they haven’t gotten anywhere? That might also be career suicide.

At least if you blow it all up and start over you might’ve bought yourself more time. And either way, he’s still getting all the money.

It’s easy to see how me he might have a great deal of faith in the QB he just won a championship with.

And also remember, a QB on a rookie contract + two first round and two second round picks might make them a lot more formidable than what they are now.

I hear what you’re saying but on the flip side, what if after two seasons it’s the same old Chargers and they haven’t gotten anywhere? That might also be career suicide.

At least if you blow it all up and start over you might’ve bought yourself more time. And either way, he’s still getting all the money.

It’s easy to see how me he might have a great deal of faith in the QB he just won a championship with.

And also remember, a QB on a rookie contract + two first round and two second round picks might make them a lot more formidable than what they are now.

He could actually buy himself more time by trying to work with Herbert and see where that goes. If it fails THEN you trade Herbert and get/draft another QB and buy yourself some more time. QB's like Herbert at his age just don't get traded and for good reason. I think Chargers hired Harbaugh because they were excited about Harbaugh and Herbert together. They aren't trading Herbert right now.

Back
Top Bottom