The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 152 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

I put DeJean in my "toss the table" post in the draft forum, but as a "push the table" mild disappointment. But as I watch more, and watch some more Ravens D from last year ( still say Weaver will reach back to Texans days, and Romeo Crennel, but gotta have some Ravens in his scheme) - I wouldn't mind DeJean as the pick. Still not near the top of my list, but he's growing on me.

He could actually buy himself more time by trying to work with Herbert and see where that goes. If it fails THEN you trade Herbert and get/draft another QB and buy yourself some more time. QB's like Herbert at his age just don't get traded and for good reason. I think Chargers hired Harbaugh because they were excited about Harbaugh and Herbert together. They aren't trading Herbert right now.

I agree that they aren't trading him. However, I can't necessarily agree that trading him isn't the best path towards competing for a Super Bowl when staring at a dynasty in your own division.

$50 Million in cap space can buy you some quality players, when coupled with the draft compensation you'd get for Herbert (minus the 5th pick in the draft you'd have to use on McCarthy), its easy to understand the logic behind the potential deal.

Derwin James will be 28 before the season starts and heading into his age 29 and age 30 seasons, he's due about $48.5M in combined cap hits, which I'm guessing are the highest in the league at that position.

Joey Bosa will be 29 this summer and has extensive injury problems, he has a $36M cap hit due in his age 30 season, his last under contract.

Khalil Mack is likely in his last season as a Charger and will still carry an $8.8M cap hit in 2025, despite no longer being a Charger.

Keenan Allen, Austin Ekelor and Mike Williams are all gone and Corey Linsley was forced to retire because of injury.

I get how starting over with a butt load of assets would be appealing to Harbaugh, when coupled with the reunion of the QB he just won a national championship with.

I put DeJean in my "toss the table" post in the draft forum, but as a "push the table" mild disappointment. But as I watch more, and watch some more Ravens D from last year ( still say Weaver will reach back to Texans days, and Romeo Crennel, but gotta have some Ravens in his scheme) - I wouldn't mind DeJean as the pick. Still not near the top of my list, but he's growing on me.
Yeah, I think he's the wildcard for the Dolphins at 21. I've been warming up to this.

Yeah, I think he's the wildcard for the Dolphins at 21. I've been warming up to this.

I have been a proponent of either Barton or DeJean at 21 for most of the offseason

The only pick that would cause me to "take Mjolnir to the TV" would be Worthy at 21 ... it'd be similar IMO to drafting Ginn & family in 2007

Players like Williams, Keenan Allen, Eckler, and Everett get traded or released all the time, especially at their ages. QB's like Herbert at his age do not get traded. I still have a hard time believing that the Chargers brass would be ok with this. I think its the opposite, I think the chargers front office hired harbaugh because they were excited about having Herbert and harbaugh together. Coaching has been their issue, not the QB. Trading Herbert isn't happening, not right now anyways, they have to at least see how they do together.
so if another team is willing to take on his contract the owners are going to trust Harbaugh with this rebuild and get 250 mill off the books?

im not saying its likely, but if Harbaugh believes in Mccarthy I dont see whats wrong with it..its a rebuild and he should have the right to build the team in the identity he wants..

so if another team is willing to take on his contract the owners are going to trust Harbaugh with this rebuild and get 250 mill off the books?

im not saying its likely, but if Harbaugh believes in Mccarthy I dont see whats wrong with it..its a rebuild and he should have the right to build the team in the identity he wants..
I just don't see it as far-fetched to get a coach like Harbaugh, give him full control and be okay with not writing a $250 million check.

As a reminder, these are our picks going into the draft:

View attachment 169414

We have only the Browns below us in draft capital this year as Grier said...

View attachment 169415

lol

That gap between 2 and 5 is bad. I wouldn't be surprised if we move up into either 3 or 4 given the comp picks expected next year....or maybe trade down and get a 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom