The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 155 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Cold Beer GIF by Corona USA

The Xavior Worthy smokescreen is funny.... but omg if Worthy, Hill, Waddle and Achane were on the field together.... how does anyone stop that? I need to get back to reality.

Slap Stop It GIF by Far Cry 6

Snap myself out of this thinking

so if another team is willing to take on his contract the owners are going to trust Harbaugh with this rebuild and get 250 mill off the books?

im not saying its likely, but if Harbaugh believes in Mccarthy I dont see whats wrong with it..its a rebuild and he should have the right to build the team in the identity he wants..

......but that isn't the case and that's not why the Chargers hired Harbaugh and its not going to happen so it's all a moot point. zero chance. Not happening.

......but that isn't the case and that's not why the Chargers hired Harbaugh and its not going to happen so it's all a moot point. zero chance. Not happening.
The odds on the Chargers taking a QB in round 1 have moved like crazy today.

I agree tho, I don't see it happening, Harbough probably wants to trade Herbert but I don't think he's really pursuing it.

I agree that they aren't trading him. However, I can't necessarily agree that trading him isn't the best path towards competing for a Super Bowl when staring at a dynasty in your own division.

$50 Million in cap space can buy you some quality players, when coupled with the draft compensation you'd get for Herbert (minus the 5th pick in the draft you'd have to use on McCarthy), its easy to understand the logic behind the potential deal.

Derwin James will be 28 before the season starts and heading into his age 29 and age 30 seasons, he's due about $48.5M in combined cap hits, which I'm guessing are the highest in the league at that position.

Joey Bosa will be 29 this summer and has extensive injury problems, he has a $36M cap hit due in his age 30 season, his last under contract.

Khalil Mack is likely in his last season as a Charger and will still carry an $8.8M cap hit in 2025, despite no longer being a Charger.

Keenan Allen, Austin Ekelor and Mike Williams are all gone and Corey Linsley was forced to retire because of injury.

I get how starting over with a butt load of assets would be appealing to Harbaugh, when coupled with the reunion of the QB he just won a national championship with.

But having a QB like Herbert already there is more intriguing and why Harbaugh was so selective with his return into the NFL.

You can rebuild without getting rid a young franchise QB. It would be dumb to that. That's the first step and most important part for a rebuild. It would be different if Herbert was close to 40 or something but that's not the case.

Most college OL need to develop strength wise. That's usually the biggest jump between year 1 and 2.
Yea, I'm just gonna come out and claim Im being and idiot.

I'm just trying to find a flaw with him. He's a great prospect, anyone who gets him should be very happy.

I'm starting to nit-pick on some of these guys now that were getting so close to the draft.

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

A couple observations.

Bad (desperate) teams often overdraft QBs high, so not a surprise it's basically a 50/50 deal.

Teams, particularly in the early 2000s didn't put much positional value on C, S or TE, so the sample size is less than many positions.

WR is really surprising, to me at least.

WR has always been a high bust position. A lot of these college guys have never seen elite CBs or overly complex coverage schemes... then add in the long documented trend of WRs having selfish diva personalities... and I think it pushes the failure numbers up.

Think Claypool... tons of talent, no head for this.

We need to talk more about Tyler Guyton and Zach Frazier... both guys could be in play if we trade down from 21.
I like Guyton an awful lot, but I see Frazier as more of a gap blocking guy... I dont really see a guy who's going to get out to the second level.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just dont see him as a fit.

Hi Justin my name is Jim I’m your new coach

My first job is to get rid of all your current skill players that you’ve played with since entering the league.

We’re moving to a run first offense, we’re gonna build the line, give the ball to the back 25-30 times a game and we’re gonna need you to manage the game with your arms and legs

If you don’t like it I know someone who does :)

Back
Top Bottom