The Biggest Difference Between JF and AJF... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Biggest Difference Between JF and AJF...

bobdroopy said:
Maybe its because he feels threatened when someone wants someone else to start over his favorite player, and saying when he drops back to pass it makes you feel nervous

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Assuming his favorite player is Jay

Yea you have assumed alot of things...and you were wrong about them all. maybe you should stop while your um...well yea just stop

DolFinatic718 said:
Yea you have assumed alot of things...and you were wrong about them all. maybe you should stop while your um...well yea just stop

actually, if you would look at your previous post you'd see that YOUR the one making assumptions...just thought I'd throw that in there. Continue ranting and "educating" us on how Jay is the second coming of marino and how "this year will be different" from all the other disappointing season's Jay has put together for this team. But I warn you, you better not sleep until the season starts. THat's a BIG angle your choosing to bite off, and as Ricky always said..."you've got some splanin to do!"

Phinzone said:
actually, if you would look at your previous post you'd see that YOUR the one making assumptions...just thought I'd throw that in there. Continue ranting and "educating" us on how Jay is the second coming of marino and how "this year will be different" from all the other disappointing season's Jay has put together for this team. But I warn you, you better not sleep until the season starts. THat's a BIG angle your choosing to bite off, and as Ricky always said..."you've got some splanin to do!"

I'm sorry but I didn't assume about anything. I have backed all my claims up with evidence. So if you just wanted to reply to the post then fine but dont make up lies. Matter fact, here is your chance to prove me wrong, show me where I assumed something.... :confused:

DolFinatic718 said:
I'm sorry but I didn't assume about anything. I have backed all my claims up with evidence. So if you just wanted to reply to the post then fine but dont make up lies. Matter fact, here is your chance to prove me wrong, show me where I assumed something.... :confused:

Drum roll please.....*tisk tisk tisk tisk tisk.......*

DolFinatic718 said:
Ok I understand now. You must be one of those people that think that Aj should just be handed the starting job. Because thats what I said was pathetic.

DA TA! A perfect example of you assuming something, and backing it up with no proponderance of evidence, and thus your arugment that you "don't assume about everything" is now defunct, null and void, and flat out wrong.

Sorry, just couldn't resist
:D

inFINSible said:
Yeah, I am talking to you and because I started this thread about this subject I felt like you were talking about me.

You want to call people pathetic for their beliefs and then act surprised when someone takes offense??....Think about that for a second.

If I said it was pathetic that some people still think that Jay is a starting caliber QB, you'd take offense to that wouldn't you?

Same thing.

What is it that they say? It is better to keep your mouth shut and have someone think that you are a fool then to open your mouth and erase all doubt? I think thats it.

His first sentence was an assumption.

I on the other hand didn't make an assumption. I said some people want Aj to be handed the job. Pathetic. He in turn took offense as he stated in his first sentence. I dont need to assume that he took offense because he admitted to it in his first sentence. So again where did I assume anything? He said it himself that if he said something was pathetic that I believed in wouldn't I get mad also. Meaning he took offense to the "pathetic" remark I made. When in all actually I wasn't even talking to him. Now, where did I assume at again?

If you really understood what I said then you would see that I was being sarcastic, not assuming. If he is not one of the poeple that think Aj should just be handed the job, then I wasn't calling him pathetic.

Need I say more?

inFINSible said:
When Jay drops back to pass, even if you like the guy, you have to admit that your breathing stops just a little bit, until the play is over. It's always in the back of your mind that this pass may go the other way. It's never a fun feeling. Especially when he winds up and lets loose a rainbow the likes of which Key West has never seen.

When Feeley dropped back,it was different, I found myself hoping that he was going long. Probably because I wanted to see him do it for evaluation purposes but, the more I saw him complete these passes, the more confidence I had that he was going to give me something good to write about.

Maybe I wasn't emotionally involved. Maybe because it wasn't my team out there, I didn't have to be nervous. But I think I was.

I was involved because I wanted to see something good. If I had been sitting there seeing errant throws all day long, or in any of the other games, I would still be dreading his drop back, because I wouldn't want to report that I didn't like what I was seeing.

But it wasn't like that. Everytime he dropped back to pass I was thinking this one could go all the way.....not the other way.

That's the biggest difference.

Regarding my point, Jay makes more good plays than bad plays, there is not a QB in the league who doesn't make bad plays or have bad games. As long as he's out there I feel we have a chance to win. Because he's a battler. I may hold my breath but too, but that comes with the territory and I turn out happy MOST of the time.

Thats funny. These same words came out of your mouth. You said it yourself that being nervous comes with the territory. Now in 2004 your saying something different? Now what is it infinsible? I thought you said you turn out happy most of the time?

Am I the only one confused about him saying one thing and then saying another? :confused:

DolFinatic718 said:
Thats funny. These same words came out of your mouth. You said it yourself that being nervous comes with the territory. Now in 2004 your saying something different? Now what is it infinsible? I thought you said you turn out happy most of the time?

Am I the only one confused about him saying one thing and then saying another? :confused:
What did I contradict? I said Jay makes me hold my breath when he passes and AJF doesn't, what's your point?

I don't know how many times I've gone out of my way to praise Jay, or how may times I've said that I'm happy that Jay is still on the team...perhaps you missed all those posts in your frantic need to defend he who isn't being attacked.

Thank you for proving my consistency.

enigmatics said:
Bro, you're completely missing what I was saying. Let me reiterate.........this isn't about who's going to win the starting job...........this isn't about which QB I like because frankly, unlike a lot of people on here, I'm all for the success of either quarterback. I'm not a deranged fan who develops deep hatred for a man I've only seen throw some passes on television. This is about the comparison he made about how nervous he felt watching Jay Fiedler drop back to throw passes for the fins and the calmness he felt watching tapes of AJ Feeley passing the ball for the Eagles 2 years ago. Come game time, the way that kid feels watching AJ playing for the Fins will be a completely different feeling than some copies of game footage when he played on the Eagles. He hasn't played a down since that season two years ago and he most certainly hasn't even thrown a professional pass as a member of the Miami Dolphins. How could one be so calm about that???? It's just an irrational comparison............. I agree with him feeling nervous watching Jay throw, but to then throw at us that watching AJ play for the Eagles is calming is just not a valid one. There's a huge difference being into the game, watching it live, and catching emotions from it than it is to watch taped copies of games played out 2 years ago, ones which surely he already knew the results.............hell AJ's stats have been thrown around here for months before he started watching those tapes.........his opinion was already skewed before he had even seen them.
Try reading the original post again....I addressed this point quite well. Whether you want to believe it or not, I really don't care but, don't tell me how I should or shouldn't have felt because you're wrong. Period.

Finsflurry said:
You should see AJ in camp, everytime he drops back to pass in a scrimmage he looks lost and I'm worried he'll get sacked or throw an interception, he looks like Griese did last year. I'm just commenting on how he's done until now, and I'm not saying he won't be better in game situations, but right now I feel much better with Jay in there. AJ just looks too frazzled and unsure of himself which has been his biggest problem to date.
Well I realize you are the training camp reporter, but I've been to training camp a few times myself. Jay has always in my estimation looked much better in practice than he has in game situations, so at this point it really is irrelevent to me.

As you say, AJ just needs to get comfortable with the offense and gain his swagger, I would never feel comfortable with Jay Fiedler quarterbacking my team.

BlueFin said:
Well I realize you are the training camp reporter, but I've been to training camp a few times myself. Jay has always in my estimation looked much better in practice than he has in game situations, so at this point it really is irrelevent to me..

thats because the Oline isnt important. proving Jay is accurate if the Oline would protect

I understand what you are saying, yeah it is different when he lines up under center against Tenn. The problem with your analogy. Is this, will it be a nervous excitement or a nervous scared feeling? What I took out of the statement is that Feeley has shown in game situation that he can get the job done consistently, whereas Jay has not. Whether it was 2 years ago or two days ago, the feeling that he will be able to do it again doesnt go away. Aj has the physical skills to get it done, Jay doesnt. AJ didnt provide him with nervous scared feeling because the ability was shown before, Jay never displayed that ability consistently, thus the apprehension when he drops back.

I like Jay, I just think it is time to get a qb that can make all the throws and not limit the offense. I believe AJ can be that guy, maybe not, but to me, it is time to find out.

Hey 718, what exactly have you proved? nothing thats what, how could you, it is an unprovable point. Assumptions, you assume Jay is the better qb, no he is teh more experienced qb, time will tell who is betetr and it could be Jay, but could as easily be AJ.

Stop trying to berate anyone who disagrees with you. If you can go back 2 years to posts, you can see I have always defended Jay. That doesnt mean that we shouldnt look to upgrade. The point originally made about splitting reps a was taken from teh sun article and merely means that AJ may have progressed further with 100% of teh snaps, merely pointing out the progression he has made.

Stop being so defensive about your opinion, cause that is what it is, an opinion, I suspect InFins and many others including myself wil support Jay if he win teh job. We also want to see AJ succeed, he can make teh throws that Jay can and teh ones Jay cant

rickeyrunsover said:
I understand what you are saying, yeah it is different when he lines up under center against Tenn. The problem with your analogy. Is this, will it be a nervous excitement or a nervous scared feeling? What I took out of the statement is that Feeley has shown in game situation that he can get the job done consistently, whereas Jay has not. Whether it was 2 years ago or two days ago, the feeling that he will be able to do it again doesnt go away. Aj has the physical skills to get it done, Jay doesnt. AJ didnt provide him with nervous scared feeling because the ability was shown before, Jay never displayed that ability consistently, thus the apprehension when he drops back.

I like Jay, I just think it is time to get a qb that can make all the throws and not limit the offense. I believe AJ can be that guy, maybe not, but to me, it is time to find out.

What physical ability does Aj possess that Fiedler doesn't? And make sure its physical.

What has feeley shown in game situations? That his team won? Did his team win because of him? I think not! Did he perform a "Fiedler" and manage the game? I think so.

Aj has shown on a consistent basis he can get the job done? :confused: Aj and consistent shouldn't even go together. He doesn't even have a consistent college resume. He started 5 NFL games in 3 years!! Where is the consistency? Thats like saying Sage shows consistency because everytime he gets playing time he gets it done.

Aj showed him what? The guy has as many int's as td's in those games he started. Meaning for every Td he threw a Int. Yea that would really not make me nervous.

Your the one who proved nothing.

Whats an unprovable point? That Jay is the better of the two as we speak? I can prove that. Tell me, how can you prove me other wise? You can't, because there is not proof! All you can do is wait and see if Aj is better. Better no matter where you go, where you look, Jay has better stats! Those are facts! I can prove that! Go to their college careers, Fiedler. Go to their NFl careers, Fiedler. Go to training camp as of now, Fiedler. So where has Aj shown he is better. All Aj has over Fiedler is potential, nothing proven though. I dont need to assume when all the facts are presented to me. I want this team to win and the best man to do that for this team as we speak wears number 9 not 7. Now disprove that!

Stronger arm, better accuracy, how are those 2? Watch teh film of camps. Look at teh outs thrown by each. Watch teh outs from teh last four years by Jay and then watch AJ throw teh out and then tell me where Jay even compares.

Consistency can be game to game. Yeah AJ hasnt had alot of experience, but at least he was consistent in those games. Tell me you were not worried which Jay would show up week to week? he is always tough, but he didnt always manage teh game well as you say. When you throw ints in the 4th qtr of a tight game, that is not managing the game well.

I never said Jay couldnt win and that he is responsible for our failures. The comparison is this to me. Jay is lacking the edge that effective qbs have. Look at Brady. He is not a much more physical qb, yes his arm is stronger by a small margin, but he is less mobile, he is more durable and consistently makes teh plays in teh clutch, ensuring a win or bringing the past back to victory. he does it with avg rbs and receivers. His o-line was better but was not a great o-line. Basically Brady gets the most out that offense, he creates. Jay cannot do those things or at least hasnt shown it in 4 years. AJ has at least shown some physical ability to do it. like I said watch teh video of camp and tell me whose arm is stronger. Maybe AJ cannot, noone guarenteed it, but at least he has teh upside to do it. Jay has peaked.

Jay is the better of teh 2? oh why? because he knows the plays and the terminology better? yeah you can prove that. Jay shoul know it better, he has been here 4 years, AJ just got here. What you cannot prove until AJ has had teh chances Jay has, is who is actually a better qb. Trying to say otherwise is stupid and unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom