The Biggest Difference Between JF and AJF... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Biggest Difference Between JF and AJF...

rickeyrunsover said:
Stronger arm, better accuracy, how are those 2? Watch teh film of camps. Look at teh outs thrown by each. Watch teh outs from teh last four years by Jay and then watch AJ throw teh out and then tell me where Jay even compares.

Consistency can be game to game. Yeah AJ hasnt had alot of experience, but at least he was consistent in those games. Tell me you were not worried which Jay would show up week to week? he is always tough, but he didnt always manage teh game well as you say. When you throw ints in the 4th qtr of a tight game, that is not managing the game well.

I never said Jay couldnt win and that he is responsible for our failures. The comparison is this to me. Jay is lacking the edge that effective qbs have. Look at Brady. He is not a much more physical qb, yes his arm is stronger by a small margin, but he is less mobile, he is more durable and consistently makes teh plays in teh clutch, ensuring a win or bringing the past back to victory. he does it with avg rbs and receivers. His o-line was better but was not a great o-line. Basically Brady gets the most out that offense, he creates. Jay cannot do those things or at least hasnt shown it in 4 years. AJ has at least shown some physical ability to do it. like I said watch teh video of camp and tell me whose arm is stronger. Maybe AJ cannot, noone guarenteed it, but at least he has teh upside to do it. Jay has peaked.

I will spell this out one last time for you

Better accurancy is not a physical attribute.

I have seen the vids posted on this site and unless you have seen some vids I haven't I haven't seen Aj excel in any throws more then Jay.

I have read the reports and they all say Jay has the advantage.

Aj showed consistency in his 5 games? 5td's 5 int's. Your right that is pretty consistent. Why dont you project that over a 16 game season. Tell me what those numbers come out to. I'm sure they will be heads over heels over any numbers Jay has put up.

I was always worried which Jay showed up each week. I was always worried which defense showed up week to week. I was always worried which Ricky Williams showed up week to week. There is no such thing as consistency in the NFL. And "thats why they play the games". Being worried about which Jay showed up proves nothing.

Now your not comparing Aj and Jay, your comparing Jay and Brady. Apples and Oranges buddy. Brady had more productive Wr's, better O line and better coaching on a consistent basis. Remember this is a puzzle, all the pieces must fit.

Jay has peaked? Another assumption buddy. I need facts not assumptions. I thought I was the one basing my arguments on assumptions? :confused:

inFINSible said:
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I don't.

Here's what I see....When Jay throws a short pass it's usually complete but, it's hardly ever thrown with perfect accuracy, it's always just a little off target......Take that same degree of innaccuracy and multiply it by 4o yards down field, and the pass is 5 yards off the mark.

Feeley's accuracy on the short passes is precise and thus his long passes become much more accurate on a regular basis than what I have seen from Jay.

What about this comparison is invalid? The "situation" has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

I don't think Feeley is going to come here and forget how to throw the ball.
That sounded retarded. Have you ever thrown a football? If he can throw a short pass accurate, he can hit the long ball better, or vice versa? Quite an interesting theory, yet still wrong.

Feely didn't forget to throw the ball? He was never that good at it anyway.. He played average at best with philly, and is the 3rd string QB. Fiedler will be the starter and finish the season that way.

Boston Dan said:
That sounded retarded. Have you ever thrown a football? If he can throw a short pass accurate, he can hit the long ball better, or vice versa? Quite an interesting theory, yet still wrong.

Feely didn't forget to throw the ball? He was never that good at it anyway.. He played average at best with philly, and is the 3rd string QB. Fiedler will be the starter and finish the season that way.

sums it up quite nicely.

"Thanks for coming out, drive home safely, and goodnite."

Boston Dan said:

Oh great, another Feidler lover :lol:

DolFinatic718 said:
Aj showed consistency in his 5 games? 5td's 5 int's. Your right that is pretty consistent. Why dont you project that over a 16 game season. Tell me what those numbers come out to. I'm sure they will be heads over heels over any numbers Jay has put up.

Well we don't need to project. How about 61 TDs, and 58 INTs, and a 78% QBR. Ooops sorry, my bad, thats JF's 4 YEARS STATS. :eek: and your judging AJ on 5 games... ;)

Jay has peaked? Another assumption buddy. I need facts not assumptions. I thought I was the one basing my arguments on assumptions? :confused:

Repeat of my prior statement and add that NO TEAM came knocking on JF's door this past offseason, when he was released, because they assumed that he has not peaked yet... ;)

DolFinatic718 said:
My thoughts exactly.

Its funny when we first acquired this guy it was "AJ Who?"

Now it seems in a act to show "Dolphin Patriotism" so to speak, people are blindly putting their faith in this kid.

I mean we all know his numbers, we all know what his status on his old team was, we all know how many games he played in college.

ITS NOTHING SPECTACULAR NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.

But yet there are so many who think this guy has surpassed Fiedler that the starting job should just be handed over.

Its pathetic.
I would rather put my faith in someone who hasn't yet proven they lack the consistency and accuracy to get this team to the next level than to continue to support someone who has proven that negative.

To continue starting Jay is in my opinion akin to spitting into the wind, sometimes you have to take chances no matter how comfortable you may be in mediocrity.

Do you want to be good or do you want to be great? AJ may prove as inconsistent as Fiedler and it may force us to look for yet another quarterback, but from this fans standpoint at least were trying to get better, trying to find the key that opens the lock, as a fan that gives me more hope and excitement than the status quo of what we've watched the last four years.

Theres alot of validity in pointing out that in 2003 the line was so bad any quarterback would have struggled, but those excuses don't hold up prior to that.

I feel with the team we had in 2002, the 1800+ plus rusher, a line that was able to help accomplish that, a line that helped Fiedler be one of the least sacked QB's of the year, a top five defense......I feel a consistent QB would have taken that team into the playoffs and done some damage.

718 how many qbs do you know that magically become great after being avg or below the first 4 years? Let see Gannon? Ok was he great or in a perfect system? with great playcalling and receivers?

Brady and Fiedler apples to oranges, when was I comparing teh 2? nice slight of hand there. I EVEN STATED THAT in my post. What the analogy is and was, is that good qbs make something happen out of nothing. NE o-line is not worlds better than ours and certainly wasnt for te past 4 seasons Jay was our starter. I will take CC over any one of their starters. Their receivers are not special. I agree somewhat on coaching to the point Wanny held Norv back. Norv is as good a Coord as Weis. Sorry but Norv is considered an offensive guru.

Now AJ may NOT turn out better than Jay, but he might. Many believe it is time to find out.

718 pick stats or no stats. I mean come on, people use Jays stats you say there were contributing factors, yet you use those same arguments against AJ. Why? considering Jays stats are over 4 years AJs are over 5 games. Stats become more usefull over time amd when you play 4 years of consistently 1 to 1 td/ int, it shows you havent improved much. How does 5 games say he doesnt have it?

Did you only attend one practice ? Because I'm seeing a QB that is getting better and better and better and I've been to EVERY SINGLE PRACTICE. A.J. is a pure Quarterback while Jay is that ugly short monster from Star Wars..(I can't think of his name right now) Slowly, but surely I am starting to see what Rick saw in Feeley. Plus, he has Chris, Randy, David, Ricky, and Konrad. I think this kid is going to shine..

Actually I've been to pretty much every practice buddy...I have said he has shown marked improvement but still struggles with the rush and his pocket presence. If you watch him during practice, the only time he struggles in during scrimmage when he has to face pressure...then his passes start getting erratic and he looks lost. Just reporting the facts man.

rickeyrunsover said:
718 how many qbs do you know that magically become great after being avg or below the first 4 years? Let see Gannon? Ok was he great or in a perfect system? with great playcalling and receivers?

Brady and Fiedler apples to oranges, when was I comparing teh 2? nice slight of hand there. I EVEN STATED THAT in my post. What the analogy is and was, is that good qbs make something happen out of nothing. NE o-line is not worlds better than ours and certainly wasnt for te past 4 seasons Jay was our starter. I will take CC over any one of their starters. Their receivers are not special. I agree somewhat on coaching to the point Wanny held Norv back. Norv is as good a Coord as Weis. Sorry but Norv is considered an offensive guru.

Now AJ may NOT turn out better than Jay, but he might. Many believe it is time to find out.

Gannon became "great" because of the right system for him couples with the extrordinary talent around him. while not a particulary strong armed long ball chucker, he has amazing accuracy on those little dink and dunk. While Fiedler has his highest completion % on those same kind of passes. Gannon almost always puts the ball out in front where the WR snags it and keeps on a gittin' it. Rarely will you see him put the ball where the WR has to bend down, reach up or back for the ball. All those things cause the wR to slow up a tad, often allowing the DB to close in and WHAM!! I've not looked this stat up [but i'm sure someone will tho], but i'd be willing to bet that Gannon's YACs are considerably higher than Fiedler's.

The BIGGEST difference between these two guys........THE EARS

Back
Top Bottom