The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report

Jay Cutler on 430 att took 20 sacks in 2017
Ryan on 390 att took 29 sacks in 2016.
So a blanket statement then? Not going to actually look at the plays / see the reasons for the sacks taken?

Thats a pretty weak argument

So a blanket statement then? Not going to actually look at the plays / see the reasons for the sacks taken?

Thats a pretty weak argument

No. Because following your pursuit we can arrive at conclusions that Cutler would’ve taken us to SB in 2016.
You asked for facts. The facts are Ryan Tannehill took significantly more sacks than Cutler in our offense, with less attempts!

In Ryan’s presumably best year, he was about as effective as Cutler was in 2017, and our total passing yardage was about the same, 220 yds per game.
Ryan Tannehill in his hayday was average, and in some areas poor.

The significance of the last season with Cutler was factual confirmation that Tannehill is slightly better than Cutler, an 8-8 qb, if you did not know it before last season.

Last edited:
Comparing one QB's sack total to another's isn't how you judge who was at fault for each sack- the QB or the OL... Not to mention the line changes from year to year

try again, with some actual logic this time. Go back and watch the film (like others have done) and then give credit / blame where it is due

(spoiler alert: its already been done, but you must be too hard headed to accept those as facts)

No. You want to introduce biases to twist arguments. Stats are not biased, they are clear facts.
And in this case consistent with previous years when he took way too many sacks. Facts are he takes too many sacks.
Your biased approach serves to reach a weak conclusion that all previous teams sucked for not protecting Ryan. That conclusion is divorced from facts.

No. Because following your pursuit we can arrive at conclusions that Cutler would’ve taken us to SB in 2016.
You asked for facts. The facts are Ryan Tannehill took significantly more sacks than Cutler in our offense, with less attempts!

In Ryan’s presumably best year, he was about as effective as Cutler was in 2017, and our total passing yardage was about the same, 220 yds per game.
Ryan Tannehill in his hayday was average, and in some areas poor.

The significance of the last season with Cutler was factual confirmation that Tannehill is slightly better than Cutler, an 8-8 qb, if you did not know it before last season.
Tannehill threw for 230 yards a game in 2016 and Cutler threw for 190 yards a game in 2017. If you're gonna use "stats", don't make them up.

Tannehill threw for 230 yards a game in 2016 and Cutler threw for 190 yards a game in 2017. If you're gonna use "stats", don't make them up.
That’s facts. I said our, meaning the team, for the two years was abt the same at 220.

So ppl will say Ryan Tannehill is better than Cutler, which he is, but they dont want to admit he takes more sacks. They dont want to acknowledge that fact, that he takes too many sacks.

No. You want to introduce biases to twist arguments. Stats are not biased, they are clear facts.
And in this case consistent with previous years when he took way too many sacks. Facts are he takes too many sacks.
Your biased approach serves to reach a weak conclusion that all previous teams sucked for not protecting Ryan. That conclusion is divorced from facts.
Go back and watch the plays breakdown and come back to this discussion. This is just laughable

I’m open to believing he can be at fault for sacks, but when you go back AND ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAMES, like when we had the 32nd and 31st rated OL, the OL (or rb) was to blame most of the time. But blah blah stats stats stats, all that matter is stats in a vacuum!

I’m sure the OP could break it down for you if you need visual evidence

For what it’s worth, Cutler does have a better pocket presence than RT- i will agree to that.

But he doesn’t take an abnormal amount of sacks that are his own doing

If he plays next yr it will happen again. He will not score a lot of TD because he cant do it, and he will take a lot of sacks because that’s what he does. History and facts tell us that.

That’s facts. I said our, meaning the team, for the two years was abt the same at 220.

So ppl will say Ryan Tannehill is better than Cutler, which he is, but they dont want to admit he takes more sacks. They dont want to acknowledge that fact, that he takes too many sacks.
Cutler was bailing at the top of his drop and throwing off his back foot to avoid contact. That doesn't make for an effective QB. Don't think there's a stat for "afraid of contact"?

I dont care about any of that. I care about the bottom line.

I can show gifs where Stills failed to run a route in Balt game and Moore threw a pick six his way in face of a blitz. That’s Kenny’s fault for not running a route. Or maybe it’s Moore’s fault for not calling it on time.
Maybe RT would take a sack and not throw a pick six. Maybe that is good.
To me, it’s not good to speculate, and the bottom line is results are not good, and that QB is not performing, and all that is reflected in the stats.

Back
Top Bottom