The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report

I dont care about any of that. I care about the bottom line.

I can show gifs where Stills failed to run a route in Balt game and Moore threw a pick six his way in face of a blitz. That’s Kenny’s fault for not running a route. Or maybe it’s Moore’s fault for not calling it on time.
Maybe RT would take a sack and not throw a pick six. Maybe that is good.
To me, it’s not good to speculate, and the bottom line is results are not good, and that QB is not performing, and all that is reflected in the stats.
So you don't care about why something happened, just that it did? Hell, even the courts allow mitigating circumstance into evidence. Lol

No. It’s about bottom line in year seven. He can either play or not.
He can either show leadership, call protections, tell the guys what routes to run, get in their ear, go to HC and tell him to sit them lazy ones, make good decisions, drive the team, score and win, or he cannot play and we need to move on and find someone who can do that for 20 mil a year.
It’s about bottom line. Get it done. Brady gets it done.

He can either show leadership, call protections, tell the guys what routes to run, get in their ear, go to HC and tell him to sit them lazy ones, make good decisions, drive the team, score and win, or he cannot play and we need to move on and find someone who can do that for 20 mil a year.

Sure, let's compare our quarterback to the greatest QB to ever play the game. That makes a lot of sense. You know, Reshad Jones is a real piece of **** compared to Ed Reed. Since Kenyan Drake isn't Barry Sanders, we should probably cut him. Josh Sitton isn't Larry Allen, why the **** did we sign him?

Jay Cutler on 430 att took 20 sacks in 2017
Ryan on 390 att took 29 sacks in 2016.

I'll fix it for you.

The Dolphin's blockers (OL primarily) allowed 20 sacks of Culter on 430 att in 2017.
The Dolphin's blockers (OL primarily) allowed 29 sacks of Tannehill on 390 att in 2016.

LOL. You forgot "get after the equipment manager" and "make coffee".

BTW, you seem to have lost the fact that in 2016 he "got it done" and showed that he can play. Does that mean your argument is done?

Last edited:
No. You want to introduce biases to twist arguments. Stats are not biased, they are clear facts.
And in this case consistent with previous years when he took way too many sacks. Facts are he takes too many sacks.
Your biased approach serves to reach a weak conclusion that all previous teams sucked for not protecting Ryan. That conclusion is divorced from facts.

LOL at you not being able to see your own bias.

He is average when he plays his best, otherwise below average

This sentence encapsulates your feelings toward him.

And you're entitled to them. But nothing you have shown conclusively proves that "Tannehill at his best is average." If anything, it shows the opposite.

And most others disagree with you.

If we could leave it at that, I think everyone here would get along much better.

This sentence encapsulates your feelings toward him.

And you're entitled to them. But nothing you have shown conclusively proves that "Tannehill at his best is average." If anything, it shows the opposite.

And most others disagree with you.

If we could leave it at that, I think everyone here would get along much better.

IMO, he is trolling the board.

For me it's more in game situations where I mean. Of course, I am not looking up stats, but it seems like when we need a first down to keep the defense off the field to seal a game or to get into field goal range at the end of a game or God forbid a TD to close out a game, he fails more than succeeds. I may be wrong, but that's just how it seems to me. He seems the opposite of how Tebow was, "unclutch". Tebow only seemed to turn it on when the heat was on.

To boot we have to watch "lesser" Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyrod Taylor break our backs with an improvised QB run when our physically gifted QB is on the bench flipping pictures trying to figure out which receiver he should have thrown to.

Comparing sacks per attempt with Cutler vs Ryan is pretty pointless IMO. Cutler bailed way too often and threw the ball out of play when pressured. That pretty much explains the limited number of 20 sacks with that many throws.

I think someone mentioned before that a lot of the 2006 sacks came early in season before line change. During the 8-1 run I think Ryan moved his sack per attempt up to around 1 in 20. So there was improvement.

I'd like to see a lot more. I'm in the camp that he take too many sacks. Line causes most of the issues but Ryan has got to get better at improvising.

Comparing sacks per attempt with Cutler vs Ryan is pretty pointless IMO. Cutler bailed way too often and threw the ball out of play when pressured. That pretty much explains the limited number of 20 sacks with that many throws.

I think someone mentioned before that a lot of the 2006 sacks came early in season before line change. During the 8-1 run I think Ryan moved his sack per attempt up to around 1 in 20. So there was improvement.

I'd like to see a lot more. I'm in the camp that he take too many sacks. Line causes most of the issues but Ryan has got to get better at improvising.

Was it Sherman who 'forbid' Tannehill from scrambling? Trying to teach him to stay in the pocket. I remember times he'd go through progressions, pull the ball down to scramble, seemingly change his mind, and stay in the pocket. We've all seen times he had a 1st down by scrambling, but stayed in the pocket. I agree, he took too many sacks, but I wonder if Sherman is still in the back of his mind.

Back
Top Bottom