The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report

It's not the Oline either. He, played, better. It's as simple as that.
The problem is, you are taking a narrow sample of 7-1 record. You are taking a sample of games won. You are disregarding other games. Yourargument boils down to, Tannehill is good when we win. Yes he is, I agree with that.

Yet I would bet fairly heavily that you would never admit a very similarly-worded phrase during that same stretch, "We win when Tannehill is good."

Oh, and that narrow sample size? It's about 67% of the games he played under Gase. The last 2/3.

I'll bet, if you wanted to, you could spin those numbers into "When Tannehill grasped Gase's system, his performance skyrocketed." But you wouldn't want that, would you?

LOL. You forgot "get after the equipment manager" and "make coffee".

BTW, you seem to have lost the fact that in 2016 he "got it done" and showed that he can play. Does that mean your argument is done?

Really got it done in 2016...24th in the NFL in Yards Per Game. 13th in the NFL in QB Rating. 26th in the NFL in INT%. 24th in the NFL in ESPNs QBR. 16th in the NFL in Yards Per Completion.

That is your getting it done? He can play. At an average level. And this was the best he has?

I'll bet, if you wanted to, you could spin those numbers into "When Tannehill grasped Gase's system, his performance skyrocketed."

Don't bet, I don't think we should speculate. I would say, in games we won in 2016, Tannehill played great.

Really got it done in 2016...24th in the NFL in Yards Per Game. 13th in the NFL in QB Rating. 26th in the NFL in INT%. 24th in the NFL in ESPNs QBR. 16th in the NFL in Yards Per Completion.

That is your getting it done? He can play. At an average level. And this was the best he has?

Bro, the bar for greatness is in hell on this forum. I swear.

Led his team from 1-4 to the playoffs. This is what people have been asking for. Got it done.

It's not the Oline either. He, played, better. It's as simple as that.
The problem is, you are taking a narrow sample of 7-1 record. You are taking a sample of games won. You are disregarding other games. Yourargument boils down to, Tannehill is good when we win. Yes he is, I agree with that.

LOL. Changes on the OL leads to fewer sacks. Conclusion? The OL had nothing to do with it........ #QBwinz baby! We have another member.......

Comparing essentially the same set of linemen, coached by essentially the same set of coaches from one year to the next is not apples to oranges. The Cutler/tannehill comparisons are valid, we'll agree to disagree.

Essentially the same line? DIfferent LT, different LG, different center for 2/3 of the games, different RT for half of the games, different RG for 1/3 of the games.

As far as Wilson, it CAN be both. He extends plays but also takes more sacks than bortles because he drops back to pass more often, behind a line ranked near the bottom of PFF rankings, compared to bortles playing in a run first offense behind a statistically average line

I agree it can be both but in 2017, Wilson attempted 553 passes and Bortles attempted 523 passes. Even with the sacks added as attempts, your statement that WIllson dropped back way more than Bortles is simply not true.

LOL. Changes on the OL leads to fewer sacks. Conclusion? The OL had nothing to do with it........ #QBwinz baby! We have another member.......

Yes QB wins. He is the field general. It's his team. It's not left tackle's team. You'll be the first to praise him when things go right, but last to blame him when things go wrong.

Don't bet, I don't think we should speculate. I would say, in games we won in 2016, Tannehill played great.

So if we have a QB that plays great when protected, why are we talking about drafting a QB and not a lineman (or 3)?

Yes QB wins. He is the field general. It's his team. It's not left tackle's team. You'll be the first to praise him when things go right, but last to blame him when things go wrong.

And by comparison, you'll be the last to credit him when the team wins, and the first to blame him when they lose. That was my exact point with how you very carefully word your posts.

Didn't know which Tannehill thread to place this, so I randomly selected one. I'm willing to bet that over the next five seasons Tannehill out performs four of the five quarterbacks selected in the first round this year. In other words over the next five seasons I think four of the five teams that select a qb will look back and say they would have rather had Tannehill over that time frame. Likely in five years at least two of the teams that select a qb in the first round will still be in the market for their qb of the future.

So if we have a QB that plays great when protected, why are we talking about drafting a QB and not a lineman (or 3)?

No, he does not play great when protected, that's conjecture. He plays great when we win. There are times when he plays great, and there are times when he does not play great. On average, he does not score a lot, and he takes too many sacks, and he performs around 90 passer rating.
We need a QB who scores more, a lot. With Ryan Tannehill there is performance and injury uncertainty. We are not one of the teams that can afford to pass on a great QB in the draft.

I agree, the team should improve the OL. I think there is a hole at RG. They can use another OT too.
They can also use another RB, like Michel, Chubb, or RoJo. There is uncertainty with Drake too. He is a phenom, but if he goes down, we need another great back.
The primary problem with the Miami Dolphins is scoring. They don't score enough. And offensive backfield is a big part of that. We should have the best offensive backfield in the league, be stacked. Do everything they can to improve scoring.

Back
Top Bottom