The Buffalo Bills will beat the Miami Dolphins this Sunday | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Buffalo Bills will beat the Miami Dolphins this Sunday

Originally posted by zevo

Can you honestly say that your Jets win was a quality win?

The Jags won six games last year so you should probably stop crowing like you beat the Bucs.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

OK here's a question, What will it make the Bills if they lose to the team who lost to the Texans. :lol:

It will make them.....

2-1 Tied for first place in the AFCE :lol:

On a serious note, the bills coaching staff can sit and view the games of the fins this year and disect Miami's weaknesses against the Texans and the Jets who threw for 375 yards.

I'm sure the bills coaching staff will exploit your secondaries, test Seau , Zach and that other lb (whatshesname)w/ Sam Gash . We will look for any cracks on your D and O and take advantage.

The fins will likely look at the games of the bills against the Pats and Jags.

The fns coaching staff (if that's what you call them) will search for bills weaknesses and search and search and search and search and search and search...... :lol:

:jk: Fishfans. :lol: I expect a great game. The bills have a 50/50 chance of beating the fins.

If the cowboys can beat the Giants. Who's to say the fins can't beat the bills? :lol: Anything's possible in the NFL these days. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW ... I beat the Bills 28-13 last night on Madden 2004. So there's your definitive prediction. ;)

Originally posted by britbillsfan

A lot of that is to do with the schemes run against the Bills so far. When Price, Reismera & Centers all left a lot of analysts predicted that the Bills passing offense would find it difficult to be effective, whilst the Bills upgraded their blocking ability at TE and FB and looked to go to a more power running game. Both the Patriots and (especially) the Jaguars went out to stop the run, with 8 in the box. Bledsoe (with excellent protection) killed them with the passing game.

I can't see the Dolphins' coaches ignoring this and are likely to be far more balanced in their schemes. This should give Henry more room to run, whether or not he can pick his game up sufficiently remains to be seen (as a Bills fan of course I believe he will, I am sure many of you will disagree).

Nice post, and I think you've hit on part of why this game isn't like either of the first two for both teams, and should be very interesting. The Fins generally don't NEED to put eight in the box to stop the run, or at least there's no need to plan for that unless and until a team starts running on them. The idea that you have Henry therefore there's a dormant running game just waiting to explode might be well-founded conjecture, but it is nonetheless conjecture. The Bills look tough because they've found a rhythm already, but they haven't shown it running, and that does actually count for something.

The Bills face a similar interesting choice on defense. They have a more talented defense than last year, but is it good enough to contain Ricky whilst (sic) playing a normal balanced scheme? There may be less to fear from Fiedler than Bledsoe by over-committing to the run, but he's making good decisions, moving well, hitting his passes to a variety of targets -- he can beat you, just perhaps not in a shootout.

Will you get to see the game live over there? I recall Channel 5 has the late-night highlights, but do they show the ESPN game at 1am?

"The fns coaching staff (if that's what you call them) will search for bills weaknesses and search and search and search and search and search and search...... "

.....and realize we should run, run, run straight at that D. regardless of the yardage ricky gets, start the play-action. that should be enough to score a few points, then, we'll see...

...maybe miami wants it more, maybe buffalo wants it more....

think warm, humid night.

Originally posted by NYCphan

Nice post, and I think you've hit on part of why this game isn't like either of the first two for both teams, and should be very interesting. The Fins generally don't NEED to put eight in the box to stop the run, or at least there's no need to plan for that unless and until a team starts running on them. The idea that you have Henry therefore there's a dormant running game just waiting to explode might be well-founded conjecture, but it is nonetheless conjecture. The Bills look tough because they've found a rhythm already, but they haven't shown it running, and that does actually count for something.

The Bills face a similar interesting choice on defense. They have a more talented defense than last year, but is it good enough to contain Ricky whilst (sic) playing a normal balanced scheme? There may be less to fear from Fiedler than Bledsoe by over-committing to the run, but he's making good decisions, moving well, hitting his passes to a variety of targets -- he can beat you, just perhaps not in a shootout.

Will you get to see the game live over there? I recall Channel 5 has the late-night highlights, but do they show the ESPN game at 1am?

Sadly I'll be following the game via the internet-radio. Don't think the game is on live, but it is a possibility (I mean, at that time (1am-4:30am) it's not as if they will get good ratings what ever they show, so I can live in hope).

Miami are a lot more balanced than the Patriots, for sure, and a lot more talented than the Jaguars. Should be an interesting game to say the least, believe Bills have a (very slight) edge, but the game can go either way. So far you disapointed against Houston and beat up on the Jets (who, let's face it, are hurting with all the personnel they have lost since last season) the way you should have done. Bills beat up on the over-rated pats and a rebuilding Jaguars, which a good team should do.

Henry was able to run pretty well last year with practically the same o-line and a TE who could not block. With the 8-in-the-box situation he has had trouble. Your D may well be able to stop him with the front seven, but there is no way that he would not take advantage of 5 DBs (like one poster I saw somewhere was suggesting). Like I said this is going to be a very interesting game, and what ever happens I can see both teams still in the race come December.

The D has been excellent when there has been something to play for (ie: the game not already won). Lots of big plays (no turnovers the last game, but a few sacks and a number of tackles for losses), and solid all round the rest of the time. Fielder has to play at his best, because as good as he is Williams will not be able to win the game as the sole offensive weapon against this Bills D, though he will probably have a couple of very good runs no matter what.

I also see it as very close, but perhaps unsurprisingly I do think the Fins have the edge at home. If the Texans game was a fluke and not a sign of some deeper problem (which we'll know before too long) then that game isn't really relevant to what we'll see Sunday, and we have two teams that look like playoff contenders but neither one having played a strong opponent yet.

You're right -- Henry had two good outings against Miami last year (as did Ricky in those games) but he'll still need to run well against a tough defense after not running much at all against two lesser ones. It will be interesting to see what defenses Miami uses, especially after last week when the zone looked so mediocre against the Jets. Will the Fins go back to the man defense they know they play well, or stick with the longer-term plan of mixing it up more? Will they risk using a lot of nickel packages early to contain the passing game? Will they blitz early to try to get to Bledsoe (only one sack last week, but they did rush quite a few throws)? Maybe this is the game we find out what Seau can still do, if turned loose to cause trouble in the backfield.

For the Bills, I'm just waiting to see if they're really as good as it looks like they might be. They could establish themselves as the team to beat in the division, or they could have a rude awakening (not that they'll get routed, but weaknesses that hadn't shown up in the first two games might become suddenly apparent). If they win, the season will get interesting for them after another few weeks when a coach and team inevitably figures out their soft spots and how to play them, and every opponent starts adapting the same plan. That's the minor downside of a fast start: when you're losing, good teams just come play their own game and beat you, but when you're winning they're all working overtime to see what's worked against you before.

I'm just glad ESPN has this as a Sunday night game, or I'd have to watch it in a bar. I checked Channel 5 over there: they've got baseball on late Sunday. Sorry about that... I followed the Fins from London for a few years, and that was before Internet radio days. Maybe you should invest in Sky Sports? :)

Originally posted by justafan

It will make them.....

2-1 Tied for first place in the AFCE :lol:

umm ... not..according to tie-breakers...soemthing the Bills fans tossed in our face last year.. it's not tied, we are #1.

On a serious note, the bills coaching staff can sit and view the games of the fins this year and disect Miami's weaknesses against the Texans and the Jets who threw for 375 yards.

whaaa? how many yards did you throw for? better find some better film analysts..

I'm sure the bills coaching staff will exploit your secondaries, test Seau , Zach and that other lb (whatshesname)w/ Sam Gash . We will look for any cracks on your D and O and take advantage.

oh? really? when?

The fins will likely look at the games of the bills against the Pats and Jags.

The fns coaching staff (if that's what you call them) will search for bills weaknesses and search and search and search and search and search and search...... :lol:

found it! :D

:jk: Fishfans. :lol: I expect a great game. The bills have a 50/50 chance of beating the fins.

If the cowboys can beat the Giants. Who's to say the fins can't beat the bills? :lol: Anything's possible in the NFL these days. :D

Justa... nice attempt at the end... but you know you were punked. Spikes talked trash in pre-game... what's he saying now? Moulds? is he still on your roster? Drew? :lol: Feidler had better numbers!

Drew didn't even get 100 yards passing. Youch.

I wonder what its like for Bills to have to eat so much crow.

All the Bills fans who were smacking all week deserved to be humbled.

I am just glad we don't have to read all the garbage heading into our bye week.

Back
Top Bottom