The Culprit here in our coaching search woes thus far... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Culprit here in our coaching search woes thus far...

napsndreds

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jeff Ireland... Why is he still here? No one wants to work with the guy. Not players , not coaches. Why is Ireland still here? Hes a glorified scout. He sucks at management. I have no doubt if Ireland wasnt here the decision for players and or coaches to come here would be much easier to accept. The guy should have been shipped out with Sparano.

Common Naps, you know Ireland is keeping whores out of the City Of Miami, what else do you want from the guy?

I agree 100%, if ross would have fired him who knows maybe we would have been able to land cowher or gruden!

yes it does have something to do with Ireland because one of the main reasons he is going to stl is because there is no GM and he can have input in the GM search and structure the franchise the way he wants too, why would he want to work under Jeff Ireland? If there was no Jeff Ireland then ross could tell fisher he can bring his own GM and trust me that would be a big deal.

yes it does have something to do with Ireland because one of the main reasons he is going to stl is because there is no GM and he can have input in the GM search and structure the franchise the way he wants too, why would he want to work under Jeff Ireland? If there was no Jeff Ireland then ross could tell fisher he can bring his own GM and trust me that would be a big deal.

Jeez, now you're just reaching here.

the only culprit thus far is Ross and Fisher.

instead of taking other candidates seriously we have been blindly pining for fisher.

ireland has turned up some good candidates that have been secondary choices b/c apparently fisher is a god send.

im so sick of it. this guy needs to choose and get it over with hes not don shula hes not jimmy johnson hes no one of that caliber enough already just go where you want fisher.

So let me ask what evidence does anyone have that "no coach will want to work with Ireland". Come on, lets hear some real tangible evidence that supports that theory.

I am not some sort of Ireland fan, but all this bashing of the guy complete nonsense.

Ross is a results driven guy that wants to win and win quickly. If it was clear that Ireland was an impediment to that then Ireland would be gone.
The only one who knows if Ireland is effective at his job is Ross and perhaps Peterson.

Everyone else including you, me, Omar, mando, LaConfora and all members of finheaven are simply speculating.

To throw out opinons like "No one will take the Miami job because of Ireland" or "Ireland is making Miami into a laughingstock" or "No one wants to play for Ireland" just make you look stupid.
I know this is a message board where opinons can masqeuerade as facts be lets get real.

If Ireland means not over paying for Fisher, than I think we win.

WTF is going on here??? How do you know that Ireland is keeping coaches from Miami.. Because someone who doesn't even live in miami said so?

Totally bogus.

Ross will not let Ireland get in the way of hiring who he wants. Ireland... you can be sure... will do whatever it takes to keep his damn job. Even if it means ceding control. He hasn't done a bad job actually. and as for Dez Bryant.. well how'd he turn out? The guy will never reach his potential, and all the Ireland situation did was expose him as the insecure person he is. Billick said at the time, that much worse comments are made to draftees all the time. Bryant just chose to blab his mouth off like a little *****!

You guys really need to stop eating everything the media throws out there.

I'll remind you... there are only 32 of these jobs available in the world. Ther are very few people who can pick and choose. Contrary to popular belief, It is a sought after position.

Coaches are brought in to turn things around. If things were great, we wouldn't need a coach.

the only culprit thus far is Ross and Fisher.

instead of taking other candidates seriously we have been blindly pining for fisher.
ireland has turned up some good candidates that have been secondary choices b/c apparently fisher is a god send.

im so sick of it. this guy needs to choose and get it over with hes not don shula hes not jimmy johnson hes no one of that caliber enough already just go where you want fisher.
I think that is unfair to say they haven't been taking other candidates seriously, because they have. In fact Philbin had a two day interview and spent more time with them than even Fisher.

I think that is unfair to say they haven't been taking other candidates seriously, because they have. In fact Philbin had a two day interview and spent more time with them than even Fisher.

so? after the 2 day interview, they are still trying to throw the bank at fisher, and want to negotiate with him DESPITE the fact that philbin had probably a productive 2 day interview and fisher was here for 2-3 hours.

actions speak louder than words. where is the consideration for philbin? it has been fisher all along - everyone else was going through the motions, which is extremely unfortunate for this franchise.

If(when) Fisher takes the Rams job, it has nothing to do with Ireland.

i disagree, numerous sources have said the reason fisher doesnt wanna sign with miami is because of miamis front office structure. In other words, jeff ireland the big problem in the miami front office. Fisher wants his gm just like any other coach does, ireland is the problem as much as ppl wanna deny it.

Back
Top Bottom