The Culprit here in our coaching search woes thus far... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Culprit here in our coaching search woes thus far...

just how does our coaching search have woes? we have had more interviews than any other team and have more scheduled. i think its going great. i believe the longer the search takes the more successful it will be.

The way I see it..
I like the fact that we have been interviewing the other candidates. It shows that we are not hitched to Fisher as of yet. The staff has to do it's due diligence. Plus some of these guys may be added to the staff in some other capacity. It is not a waste of time.
Taub, Philbin, Bowles, and any other coaches deserve to be interviewed.
Regarding the venom for Ireland, I can understand the possibility of a high profile coach refusing to yield to Ireland, particularly Fisher, who had a bad relationship with the GM and owner regarding talent in Tennessee. We have to appreciate that fact. It is well known.
He wants his power and responsibilities defined clearly before taking the job. Don't we all want that when taking on a new job? It is intelligent thinking based upon experience.
What is unknown is whether Ross is willing to fire or reduce Ireland's power to accommodate Fisher's concerns. That is where the speculation is coming from. In all honesty, it concerns me with Fisher's decision. We will probably never know either way.

just how does our coaching search have woes? we have had more interviews than any other team and have more scheduled. i think its going great. i believe the longer the search takes the more successful it will be.

Dolphin fans need to be very thankful our search does not mirror that of the Bucs.

The way I see it..
I like the fact that we have been interviewing the other candidates. It shows that we are not hitched to Fisher as of yet. The staff has to do it's due diligence. Plus some of these guys may be added to the staff in some other capacity. It is not a waste of time.
Taub, Philbin, Bowles, and any other coaches deserve to be interviewed.
Regarding the venom for Ireland, I can understand the possibility of a high profile coach refusing to yield to Ireland, particularly Fisher, who had a bad relationship with the GM and owner regarding talent in Tennessee. We have to appreciate that fact. It is well known.
He wants his power and responsibilities defined clearly before taking the job. Don't we all want that when taking on a new job? It is intelligent thinking based upon experience.
What is unknown is whether Ross is willing to fire or reduce Ireland's power to accommodate Fisher's concerns. That is where the speculation is coming from. In all honesty, it concerns me with Fisher's decision. We will probably never know either way.

The issue there, whether you like Ireland or not, is do you want Fisher to have any GM powers? It has been reported that he is a great coach just keep him away from any personnel decisions. Yes he should have some say but not control.

miami's main selling point is money. There isnt much confidence for anyone that comes here that they will be succesful for whats in place. The goal i guess is to change the culture and get the team back to winning status. You would thik a coach would want to come in and try to do it all himself but it doesnt always work that way. Fisher he's most likely thinking long term and stl would probably be a less stressful situation than miami. He'd have more control in stl. Ireland hasnt exactly set a good example for himself league wise as a diserable guy to work with. You dont think people around the league know this? They wont say so theyd much rather pick a scenario where they can bring in their own people. a guy like Fisher isnt going to want to work with Ireland. That is the biggest issue. Yeah the media is saying it too doesnt mean the media is wrong about their opinion either. Sounds stupid to not pick us because of IReland but ultimately its about confidence in long term success.

miami's main selling point is money. There isnt much confidence for anyone that comes here that they will be succesful for whats in place. The goal i guess is to change the culture and get the team back to winning status. You would thik a coach would want to come in and try to do it all himself but it doesnt always work that way. Fisher he's most likely thinking long term and stl would probably be a less stressful situation than miami. He'd have more control in stl. Ireland hasnt exactly set a good example for himself league wise as a diserable guy to work with. You dont think people around the league know this? They wont say so theyd much rather pick a scenario where they can bring in their own people. a guy like Fisher isnt going to want to work with Ireland. That is the biggest issue. Yeah the media is saying it too doesnt mean the media is wrong about their opinion either. Sounds stupid to not pick us because of IReland but ultimately its about confidence in long term success.

Miami's main selling point is primarily being a better team all around, so it will be an easier turn around. Another selling point is State tax, and location. St. Louis or Miami.. no brainer.

This is going to come down to what Fisher sees for himself. It's not going to be about a bidding war. Far to much emphasis in that.

These guys are hard wired to win. Fisher is going to put himself in the best position he feels can do that.

Either was we cannot lose. If we land him we get a guy to fill seats and bring instant credibility to this organization. It's experience.

If we don't, we have the opportunity to take a chance on an up and comer who just may lturn out to be the "next Don Shula" But the odds are a long shot.

How do you know Fisher will not want to work with Ireland? Where has this ever been said or reported, besides here on Finheaven, and if he does pick Miami is it now because he wants to work with Ireland. Stop letting your personal hate for the man get in the way by posting what you think will influence what coaches or prospective coaches are thinking.

The issue there, whether you like Ireland or not, is do you want Fisher to have any GM powers? It has been reported that he is a great coach just keep him away from any personnel decisions. Yes he should have some say but not control.

IMHO, he may want to bring in another GM to replace Ireland, or he may agree to having some sort of line item veto power..We don't know....heck, he might be deliriously happy to work with Ireland. Ireland has done a decent job.
It has been "reported" by whom? IMHO, I do not think he is interested in any aspect of the GM's job.
Again, all speculation.

How do you know Fisher will not want to work with Ireland? Where has this ever been said or reported, besides here on Finheaven, and if he does pick Miami is it now because he wants to work with Ireland. Stop letting your personal hate for the man influence what coaches or prospective coaches are thinking.

I asked my Magic Eight Ball, it never lies.

Well, no and yes.

Do I want him to have "Some" GM powers? Hell yes. He needs to have say in bringing guys, or even types of guys that will fit his system.

Do I want him to have "ALL" GM powers? No, not even predominant. What I do want is for him to have some say, and maybe not as much particular players, but a style of player.
Let Ireland do his job. He has done a pretty damn good job.
Let the HC do his job. He has too many things to spend the amount of time needed to evaluate every damn unturned stone in the rockpile.

I agree with your thoughts, but I don't think it is the biggest issue about him coming here. It is just one of the factors. I think his families thought's about living in a particular city is the one that will decide it.

They are probably going to flip a coin.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps the thing Fisher DOESN'T like about Miami is the knee-jerk reaction that goes on day to day.

I'm sure Jeff Fisher would be delighted to...say, see his name on a banner being pulled by an airplane asking for his job......... just sayin.......

A few fans easily ruin it for the rest of us.

Well, no and yes.

Do I want him to have "Some" GM powers? Hell yes. He needs to have say in bringing guys, or even types of guys that will fit his system.

Do I want him to have "ALL" GM powers? No, not even predominant. What I do want is for him to have some say, and maybe not as much particular players, but a style of player.
Let Ireland do his job. He has done a pretty damn good job.
Let the HC do his job. He has too many things to spend the amount of time needed to evaluate every damn unturned stone in the rockpile.

I agree, he needs some control of those players he wants, absolutely.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps the thing Fisher DOESN'T like about Miami is the knee-jerk reaction that goes on day to day.

I'm sure Jeff Fisher would be delighted to...say, see his name on a banner being pulled by an airplane asking for his job......... just sayin.......

A few fans easily ruin it for the rest of us.

Is fisher a democrat, republican or independent? LOL

I agree, he needs some control of those players he wants, absolutely.

Just like anything, Checks and Balances.

I honestly think, along with Game Management, that was where Sparano was lacking the most.

I personally like the idea of Ireland and somebody like Fisher getting together on just about every personnel move.

Back
Top Bottom