The Dolphins are Going to...GERMANY? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins are Going to...GERMANY?

Yes sir. Go into a highly favored opponent who will likely be a Super Bowl favorite and pull out a win and take respect. Pull out a win over KC in Germany and the headlines will read "Flat KC team loses after travel to Dolphins".

I don't want a crippled old Ali, I want to knock Ali out in his prime.
I dig the bravado. However, I don't mind seeing things break our way every once in a while.

Yes sir. Go into a highly favored opponent who will likely be a Super Bowl favorite and pull out a win and take respect. Pull out a win over KC in Germany and the headlines will read "Flat KC team loses after travel to Dolphins".

That happens in the playoffs, in the regular season you take every break you can get and every win you can get.

Whether we win or lose against KC in Germany, for us to get to where want to go this season, we’re going to have to beat them in America.

This actually in a way, makes me slightly happy, because 1st it does take away home game, and 2nd, in KC, it might have been tougher then in Germany where though it's a KC home game, it really benefits nobody as far as Home Field advantage.

Now comes the 3rd part of who does Miami play the following week?

In my experience there are WAY more Fins fans in Europe than other teams. Everytime I've crossed the pond I've seen Fins jerseys, other teams not so much and never a KC jersey. Could be though, who knows!
That’s true. As more and more Germans have become fans of American Football in the last few years, there are more fans of the Patriots, Seahawks and other recently successful teams but the Dolphins have a very strong fan base in Germany. Also, the game will be in the German stadium with the best atmosphere. I hate their local soccer club but the stadium is top notch.

That’s true. As more and more Germans have become fans of American Football in the last few years, there are more fans of the Patriots, Seahawks and other recently successful teams but the Dolphins have a very strong fan base in Germany. Also, the game will be in the German stadium with the best atmosphere. I hate their local soccer club but the stadium is top notch.
Bayern fan myself, agreed! Would much rather it be at Allianz, but what are you gonna do!

May need you local fans help in finding good hotels and such nearby!

Forgive my ignorance, but I have a question. I know nothing about buying season tickets. If someone paid for a season ticket and the team loses a home game to play overseas, do they get refunded for that game? It wouldn't be fair otherwise. IMO, if you're a Dolphin season ticket holder and the League schedules a Miami home game overseas, then the League should either refund the amount for the lost game or offer a game ticket AND round-trip airfare to the game.
I believe it is kinda on the team. If you are season ticket holder most teams inform you and I believe there is two different prices one with the international game one without the international (they won't pay travel).

Now I would take the international ticket even if I wasn't going. These tickets sell out and get sold way over face value on secondary sites. Or if you know someone in the US military in Germany (thousands in the area), you could sell/give it to them as well. But no matter what you wouldn't get stuck or have to undersell the ticket that us for sure.

Bayern fan myself, agreed! Would much rather it be at Allianz, but what are you gonna do!

May need you local fans help in finding good hotels and such nearby!
The Marriott Frankfurt is in the heart of the city. It has the best sports bar in the city (at least that I know of): https://www.champions-frankfurt.com/

The game is at 3:30 PM local time. That’s 3 ½ hours before the “regular Sunday” games at 1 PM EST. So you might just book a table at the sports bar and watch more football after the game. That’s probably what we’re doing to do if we get tickets.

When you book hotels, don’t get fooled by the name “Frankfurt Airport Hotel”. They’re usually neither close to Frankfurt nor to the airport…

Back
Top Bottom