The dolphins are moving backwards. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The dolphins are moving backwards.

i cant be a fan. please do not even go there buddy. dont even. i will not support idiotic acquisitions that are only made to increase popularity of the team and not the overall benifit of the team. i do not support a front office who hires a legend as a figure head. i do not support a front office who has not made the right acquisitions in the past 2 years to put this team in a better position now. the front office is not the team. i will blead teal and orange for eternity. but i will not root for the front office until they make the right moves. and its not the right moves according to me. and its not the right moves according to the fans. its the right moves according to benifiting the team. and like i've said a million times, quick fixing the team is not the right move. its the wrong move.

i had to reply to an attack on the depth of love i have for the team. that is a shot that should never be posted anywhere on this website.

thats it. im out.

After reading that book you just wrote I have determined that you have singular vision in your secular world. Some of the more vocal members here have voiced support for Brunell. Let them have their opinion. What you seem to have a problem with is the fact that they have an opinion.

I don't want Brunell as QB but I don't mind hearing others opinions.

Get over yourself.

I think you're in the wrong place if you feel like lecturing anyone on what it means to be a true fan. Especially when you said "i will be happy because it will make a mockery out of the front office."

Miami fans can be fickle. That's no newsflash. But the people on this site bleed aqua and orange. And wouldn't you're "happy for mockery" statement constitute you as a "fickle" fan??

Finally, I'm the one who said short-sighted. And I said it because you couldn't seem to get past Brunell. You were talking as if this team will be exactly the same personnel-wise with the exception of Brunnel (if we signed him). You were talking about quick fixes when no one else was talking about them.

Now if you were in my shoes, wouldn't you see that as short-sighted??

buddy. countless times i have agreed w/ people in this board. about the coaching staff, about philip rivers, and about brunell's great stats and smarts with the ball.

oh no, but wait, i have a problem w/ their opinions. thats right. then i couldnt have possibly agreed w/ them after they have proved me wrong. i have learned a lot from this forum and it can be seen if you read all the posts.

dont take personal shots behind a keyboard. and i refuse to do the same.

The front office includes the GM and his staff. I support Rick Speilman because, like the rest of the front office, he has a direct effect on the on-field product. Honestly, all it's going to take is a solid March and April and you'll be supporting this front office again. You can't condemn them because none of their work has come to fruition yet. That will happen in late February thru April and June.

Also, if you believe Dan......he says that he didn't quit for "figurehead" reasons. He quit because he realized he'd be away from home even more and the workload wasn't worth it. Seems plausible after hearing that Wayne told him to take some time and be with his family.

We may never know the truth. I really don't care. I just don't dig the way it was handled at first (introducing Mairno before Speilman).

People act like we have the worst FO in NFL. Look at the players we got on defense all them probowlers. We have got one of the best allstar line up in the league. The front office is doing all they can to get this team to the SB. Their offense was not good this year but they did'nt know that they would play so poorly being that they did decent in 2002. The only thing that I don't like what they done is keeping Jay so long and Keeping Wanny for so long.

As far as what we got on roster especially on defense we should be winning more games but we dont have the game plan coaching and heart like the Patsies have. But as far as plyers the front office is trying.

musk, i wanted to say just one thing about all the diatribe you have been posting. you can have your opinion about how the team is run. that is your right as a fan. but don't question me or any other fan because we have differing views.

i live in a football city that is rich in football fans. i live in kansas city. i come from pennsylvania just north of happy valley in state college. that's penn state if you didn't know. i take offense to your post about dolphin fans being fickle and not knowing how to be a fan. I AM A DOLPHINS FAN. doesn't matter where i live or what i think. and my experience here on this board is that no matter what i think that is ok. the other dolphin fans here accept me anyway.

right now i don't believe you to be a true dolphin fan because you don't want to accept anyones opinion unless it agrees with yours. you don't have to agree, just accept. support the team regardless and discuss pro and con. that is a fan.

The amazing thing about the original rant is that he actually didn't find much fault in the organization. :huh:

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
i take offense to your post about dolphin fans being fickle and not knowing how to be a fan. I AM A DOLPHINS FAN. doesn't matter where i live or what i think. and my experience here on this board is that no matter what i think that is ok. the other dolphin fans here accept me anyway.

i've been to proplayer to see a game. the only fan i have a problem with aqre the ones that sit their with their amani suits on or with 10lbs of make up and won't bother to stand up and yell. i understand the miami fans are used to a winner, but sometimes that 12th man can make a difference!;)

This is the funniest thread I have read in a long time......

For the record.....IMO.....Muck > musk

Musk, you make many good points and i agree with the bulk of your posts. If Turner was going to get a Head Coach job we couldn't hold him back from bettering himself. The only way to combat such a move is to promote Turner to Head Coach of the Fins. I for one didn't see us get to the playoffs under Norv so I wasn't all for jumping through hoops to keep him. I wouldn't have given Dave his extention so fast and take away G.M. powers and promote Spielman. The same stale group is running the show, a show that needed change and a shakeup. I would have brought in Romeo Crennel to be the Head Coach of the team. I would have made Marc Trestman the O.C. and I would have kept Bates but under the watchful eye of Crennel. Then I'd start hunting for a new Special Teams Coach. For G.M I would have gone with Randy Mueller and I would never have created a job for Marino. Taking the Defensive Coordinator from our chief rival, New England, not only hurts them directly but it puts a guy on our sideline that knows the ins and outs of the Pats. How to best attack them etc. Then get a 1 and 3 for O-Gun pickup Phil Rivers and start working on the O-Line. Whoever is the best veteran Q.B. to run the team until Rivers is ready, get him fast and God help me if we can't find better than Griese or Jay then make a decision and keep one of them. That's called change. That's called cleaning house and holding those accountable for the last two years of misery responsable. Dave and Spielman should be gone, instead they both get contract extentions and promotions! Horse****!! Daves promotion is by virtue of the extention and money he now gets.C'mon Wayne!!!!! Heads should have rolled!! I can't remember so many wrong decisions by this Dolphin team in an offseason. Wolf walked away, Dan walked away.This all smells like serious trouble.

i see that you are not understanding what i meant. im not saying musk isn't good or that muck is great. but what you don't understanding is that you cant reply to my accusations without bringing up galdamad.

:roflmao:

for all you brunell supporters you can cry yourselves to sleep now.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1729627

headline: Brunell-to-Redskins 'an almost-done deal'

oh nooo! we are lost! are season as we know it has come to an end because we will not have brunell. and i'll tell you what. with miami's cap issues they probably will be unable to persue him aggresively.

looks like i lost 4 years of my life on this thread on a dead subject. i cant wait till next week when everyone jumps on the warner bandwaggon. can we say 0-7 in last 7 starts?

Starring Next Week on the Miami Dolphins show: Wayne trys to pull off another publicity stunt to help fan support for the upcomming season!

(trend you should watch for. we miss playoffs wayne brings in a popular old probowl linebacker. yes he still has skills. then the team misses playoffs again and wayne trys to bring in a popular old qb.)

Back
Top Bottom