The dolphins are moving backwards. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The dolphins are moving backwards.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38

As for Brunell I couldn't agree more. I thought I was the only one on here who thought JF is still much better than Brunell.

JF is still much better than Brunell...... :rolleyes:

The arguments for Fiedler still amaze the hell out of me!

By saying JF is "still better" than Brunell insinuates that he has been better than Brunell in his career correct?

Show me one year..... just one where Fiedler produced better than Brunell. I'll wait while you try and twist some stats into Fiedler's favor.

FACT:
Jay has NEVER produced as well as Brunell and has NEVER come near Brunell's consistency level.

Would Brunell be an all pro for us? No way.
Would Brunell bring a level of consistency that coaches could trust to actually carry out a game plan without major meltdowns?
IMO yes...

That's all were looking for isn't it?

Come March 3rd.........I guarantee Brunnell will be the Fins QB............It is looking that way.............

look. this is my last post on this subject because all of you just get a huge boner over brunell going to the dolphins and you are so clouded by this misconception that brunell is a good addition to the dolphins.

no coach throws away a season after his starter loses 3 games and gets an injury. del rio knows leftwhich has many years to improve he didnt have to throw away, yes THROW AWAY the season. and he wouldnt have if he had a starter that was worth a damn. its almost like keeping gresie in when fiedler was healthy just because you want to. leftwhich has many years left in his qbing life to be good.

i can't wait to see the blind hatred dolphin fans will have in a year or 2 when brunell ends up being a huge bust and we are in a worse situation in 2 years (because we wont have a starting qb that can win) than we are now. dolphin fans are extreamly fickle. the dolphin fan base is pitiful compared to that of chicago's (just because i live there) and those of around the league.

all of you say brunell will be a great addition. fine, you are right, he may have only 7ints in his last 18 games. but he has ALWAYS been injury prone and remember we have a very weak offensive line. i hope you like seeing #14 because he will be starting the games mid-season because our new starter who everyone cant wait to arrive will be on the bench struggling through another injury. just for some food for thought, why are no other teams publicy eager to go after brunell?

after reading these posts and seeing the response in this forum i cannot wait for brunell. then i can come back in a few years and hear all of you calling for his head after he becomes an utter failure. and lets just say for your sake that he does preform well. how long will it last? 1 year? 2? hes been a starter for 10 years. how much longer do you expect this injury prone declining qb to last?

instead of going for young talent and BUILDING a team you would like to make the quick fix and, as i said before, put the bandaid on the shark wound. the dolphins are far past quick fixes folks. there is a reason that the jags drafted leftwhich and thats the same reason they are not re-signing the same quarterback that helped build the franchise.

i'll see all of you in 3 years when this forum is flooded w/ fire brunell posts.

Brunell plays well with a good RB behind him.

Brunell and Fred Taylor 5 years ago = success
when him and Taylor were healthy

Brunell and Ricky Williams = success
Ricky is just as good as Taylor if not better.

With Brunell our offense will have something we havent had since Marino's been gone. Defenders scared. With a better line and a WR including Ricky Williams this offense could be devastating.

Brunell had a key rw in Jacksonville during there run McCardell.
Brunell to Chambers could be better.

trekbiz,

if he could do that then why didnt he come back after his injury in jacksonvill and help the team get to the playoffs? why did jacksonville use their first round draft pick on a qb? maybe because brunell was declining and they wanted to rebuild the position? the dolphins should maybe follow that model?

and another after thought........

the acquisition of brunell strongly resembles that of kordell stewert and the bears. however, the difference will be the bears also drafted a talanted qb knowing that he would be the future of the franchise. i dont believe the dolphins will have enough money to make the same moves (buy a washed up qb and draft a young talented one)

RW better than Fred Taylor before all those injuries?

I don't know...I'm wodering myself what could have been of Fred Taylor before all those injuries.Fred Taylor was something to watch prior to all those inuries.He was a powerful back who had great balance to go with 4.2 speed.Fred Taylor is not the same and might never be the same player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by musk

the acquisition of brunell strongly resembles that of kordell stewert and the bears. however, the difference will be the bears also drafted a talanted qb knowing that he would be the future of the franchise. i dont believe the dolphins will have enough money to make the same moves (buy a washed up qb and draft a young talented one)

Dude, I liked your posts and I respect your opinions..until this one. What the heck are you thinking? Kordell Stewart..are you serious...Mr.Interception? You're comparing him to a guy who barely throws int's? Turnovers are a big part of winning in the NFL. Are you saying that they are similar players??. I don't get it.

And besides, who says Miami can't get a young QB as well? You don't know that. That's what you've been on and on about..that Miami won't get a young QB of the future? I just hope you weren't suggesting that Miami start a rookie. Please, say it ain't so.

Who do you think Miami should get for QB next year? You say Brunell is washed up. Would you have said the same thing about Brad Johnson when he went to Tampa? Would you have said the same thing about Rich Gannon when he went to Oakland? Where do you get a young, superstar QB? I'll tell you where..nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
musk, I have to say that you're last post (the longer one) is really short-sighted.

You can't seem to see beyond one move at a time. You're speaking as if signing Brunell is the first and last move we'll make this offseason. You think fixing the OL isn't of the utmost priority?? You think that we'll go to battle again next season with the same lineup?? You think we're not looking at other (young) QBs??

And coaches DO "throw away" seasons. It's called "rebuilding". And that's exactly what the Jaguars are doing. They're letting their young players play. They went into this season without Super Bowl expectations.

So in short, you're against the Brunell move because Byron Leftwhich was given the ship and our OL currently stinks. Do I have it right?? Seems like you're relying on pure speculation in regards to Brunell's current level of skill. Just because the franchise decided to move on to the young gun doesn't mean the older guy can't get it done. Look at Rich Gannon. He was continually discarded until he finally got a real shot in Oakland at age 34. At age 37, he threatened Dan Marino's yardage record.

Since you didn't mention anything specifically regarding Brunell's ability, lack of ability, or why he doesn't fit into our offense, I'll assume that you're conceding that I am right and that you cannot counter my arguments.

Did I just read that JAY FIEDLER is better than Mark Brunell?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Jay Fiedler supporter.I still think Jay could be a very good QB if you can provide him with adequate protection and more weapons at WR but there no way you can look at Jay career and tell me he is better Qb than Mark Brunell.

Originally posted by musk

Ok, you got there before I posted mine. :)

And you are correct. The Phins might not draft a young guy. But it would not be because they don't have the money. It would be because Mark Brunell has said that he does not want to play infront of a QB picked very high in the draft. Brunell feels he has 3-4 good years left and does not want to be in a similar situation as he was in Jacksonville this year.

Doesn't mean it won't happen. ;)

alright. here it goes....again

get brunell and a young qb: you have a qb who hasnt won a game since week 15 of 2002. fiedler has won his last 2 games. (yeah the time scales are different and dont EVEN give me the crap that he didnt start last year because that was his own fault). now, you have a qb who;'s winning ability is in question and a rookie qb behind him. do you do the same thing that del rio did and Throw away the season? man i cannot wait for that to happen because, like i said this forum will be flooded w/ hatred. i know you dolphin fans and you do not like to lose.

rebuilding eh? yep, thats what parcells did in dallas. he threw away the season in order to rebuild. he has a qb no one believes in and turned the 5-11 team into a playoff team. rebuild eh?

and please DO NOT insult this conversation by bringing in rich gannon. he had the best wr group the nfl has seen in maybe the last 8 years. 2 potential hall of famers. give me a break. fiedler on 2 broken legs and a broken arm could have had a spectacular season w/ those 2.

brad johnson? yes got the ability to win games (like fiedler) but didnt he have the #1 defense in the league that shut down the nfl mvp your rich gannon in the super bowl?

who should be qb? not brunell and not fiedler in the LONG RUN. our qb should be fiedler for at least next season while we draft some young qb. i dont care who. just someone who did well in college. build him as a qb and in 2-3 years you will have a winning franchise. not your quick-fix dolphins that you are putting together now.

Musk, you also said that you'll laugh if Brunell fails and people on these boards want him to be cut. Why would you be happy? That's the nature of the beast. It's a tough, demanding town. No matter who Miami brings in at QB..people will be critical if he fails. Heck, I bet you that people in Indianapolis were complaining about Manning after that 4 INT AFC Championship...as he's as good as it gets. When the QB screws up, everyone wants his heaad on a stick.

If you could name me a QB who Miami could bring in here that won't make mistakes..someone that won't get criticized...someone that will be untouchable..I'll be shocked..because there is no such QB.

Back
Top Bottom