The Dolphins are on the Cusp of Becoming an NFL Championship Dynasty | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins are on the Cusp of Becoming an NFL Championship Dynasty

I don't believe McDaniel is good enough yet. He makes too many elementary mistakes still, and gets too impressed with a win over a scrub team. For all his talk about "our standard," being overly excited about beating the Panthers doesn't do it for me.

X's and O's genius...check. Staff building...check. Being approachable and connecting with players...check. 3 crucial factors this team hasn't had in MANY years.

He CAN be that guy IMO, he just needs more seasons to hit that level where you're like, "oh ya...no doubt, they're winning the SB."
Always amused at some of the stuff that gets posted here.

Makes my day.

So...while I love what we've done, I am worried about the future. We are over the cap by 30 million and only have 37 players on the roster. We have not been able to draft the replacements for the older, expensive players. We desperately needed Tindall, Eazy E and Cam Smith to get into starting roles, but they can't seem to do it. We are also short on draft picks this year.

Screenshot_20231230_102125.jpgScreenshot_20231230_102210.jpg

So...while I love what we've done, I am worried about the future. We are over the cap by 30 million and only have 37 players on the roster. We have not been able to draft the replacements for the older, expensive players. We desperately needed Tindall, Eazy E and Cam Smith to get into starting roles, but they can't seem to do it. We are also short on draft picks this year.

View attachment 157769View attachment 157770
Don’t worry about it. We have strength in the most important areas, but some tough decisions will be made. Wilkins contract will be challenging, what about Conner Williams and robert hunt and Andrew van Ginkel? Xavien Howard will be gone, but we will be fine…

You have a way of getting the "Lemmings" here "self-identify" - I love it. - LOL

When I was a kid...being the oldest of a brood...I quickly developed skills as an instigator and an aggravator. It's nothing to take any pride in, but it does give me some measure of satisfaction when I put 'em in play.

I don't believe McDaniel is good enough yet. He makes too many elementary mistakes still, and gets too impressed with a win over a scrub team. For all his talk about "our standard," being overly excited about beating the Panthers doesn't do it for me.

X's and O's genius...check. Staff building...check. Being approachable and connecting with players...check. 3 crucial factors this team hasn't had in MANY years.

He CAN be that guy IMO, he just needs more seasons to hit that level where you're like, "oh ya...no doubt, they're winning the SB."
IMHO, any win in the NFL deserves some excitement. There are no gimmies in this league.

I would love for this to be true, but shouldn’t winning a playoff game for the first time in 23 years, let alone a Super Bowl, be a prerequisite before being declared on the cusp of a championship dynasty?

In my book, need to win at least 2 SB within a span of 3 years with a core group of players before ever throwing the word “dynasty” out there for discussion.

Lol I love this team but we aren’t even remotely close to that yet. Let’s try to win a playoff game first.

I admire your enthusiasm but like you said, one game at a time
Im not usually a fan of sometimes inflated combine stats as opposed to “what did you do on the field.” Especially 40 times. Way back, Ronnie Brown killed the 40… fastest time at the combine. However, it didn’t translate to the field, where he was routinely caught from behind. That said, this offense, in general depends on a #1 receiver who is a scary deep threat. While I love Waddle, he is not Tyreek. So, if I’m CG, I pay close attention to 40 times, as clearly, behind both Waddle and Hill there is a lack of a deep threat. We can’t bitch if Grier finds a small school receiver with a two sub 4.3 times with good hands, and selects him early, even 2nd round. Hill has said he’s prolly good for 2 more seasons. The 2024 draft finally affords the Fins to replace a couple expensive depth players… and oft injured OLinemen with fresh bodies. Time to draft, not necessarily trade for expensive FA.

Hey Mikey, "it is plainly apparent that these two work well together and it bodes well for the future." This is exactly what S Ross wanted, honestly, I had some doubts about this theory "collaborative effort", but, looking at what happened to the Patriots, everyone, including myself, thought that Belichick was the greatest, not only could he coach, but he could run the draft, front office, water boy, equipment manager, field maintenance, toilet paper quality, etc. Then when Tom Brady was gone, welllllll.

So far we have seen progress with the Fins, this is what I was looking for in this iteration. As far as being a Dynasty, well we are 2 years into the process, so it really has not been that long, also this is Tua's first complete year, so I think it is a bit premature, but I am hopeful.

What I look forward to, is the following. Keeping the game with the Ravens close, no blowout, close means a TD or FG, a win would be the "we are ready" notice. But no matter what happens with the Ravens, Miami beats the the Bills at home, and winning the first playoff game if it is at home. These things would validate the team, including the coaching staff.

The Ever Why Would Anyone Be A Jets Fan (Viva Gase) VIPER

Back
Top Bottom