The Dolphins are on the Cusp of Becoming an NFL Championship Dynasty | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins are on the Cusp of Becoming an NFL Championship Dynasty

I do agree the HC and GM work well together. I do think we will win a Super Bowl and be in contention for the next several years. But there have only been 3 dynasties in nfl history. Steelers, 49ers, & Pats.
While those teams might be the best teams in the SB era. None of them come close to the Green Bay franchise which have won 13 championships since becoming a member of the NFL.

I may get slammed for this, but I truly believe that even if we don't win another game this season or even win a playoff game, we are still headed in the right direction for years to come.

This year has been a blast, and I think the fact that injuries hasn't derailed our season, shows that we have a good/great coaching staff, and an elite QB you can build around. We're going to have an easier time getting top level FA's. Just imagine Tua with an OL that doesn't consist of 4 back ups. That's just another jab we can throw out the window, that he needs everything around him to be perfect to succeed. No, that was Ryan Tannehill. That's not Tua.

I may get slammed for this, but I truly believe that even if we don't win another game this season or even win a playoff game, we are still headed in the right direction for years to come.

This year has been a blast, and I think the fact that injuries hasn't derailed our season, shows that we have a good/great coaching staff, and an elite QB you can build around. We're going to have an easier time getting top level FA's. Just imagine Tua with an OL that doesn't consist of 4 back ups. That's just another jab we can throw out the window, that he needs everything around him to be perfect to succeed. No, that was Ryan Tannehill. That's not Tua.
That's mostly how I feel. I don't agree with the Tannehill take. Tua is clearly better. Tua is an elite QB. Tannehill was good but never elite. He needed more help but he proved in Tennessee that he could produce top 5 numbers w/o everything being perfect.

But this year has been a blast and regardless of what happens the rest of the season we are headed in the right direction and have the pieces in place to be good for years.

Last edited:
Beyond this year and our Super Bowl aspirations, I think Coach McDaniel and Chris Grier are a once-in-a-generation pair of partners in the arena of pro football. From some videos that I've seen (like the moment of Achane's draft and Coach's recounting of Hill's trade to the Finz), it is plainly apparent that these two work well together and it bodes well for the future.

I fully expect the Miami Dolphins will be the NFL's next team that establishes itself as an NFL championship dynasty because of our coaching staff and front office.

...one game at a time, of course.
Let’s hope…but I need too see more than I have before I place this current team on the level of even the 84’ Dolphins…who destroyed the rest of the AFC on the way to 14-2 Superbowl trip…(our last Superbowl trip)….or even the 1992 Dolphins who had a 31-0 playoff win on the way to losing an AFC Championship game with Buffalo?

Let’s see playoff success before we even mention the word “Dynasty “ in the land of the “Perfect Team”!

That's mostly how I feel. I don't agree with the Tannehill take. Tua is clearly better. Tua is an elite QB. Tannehill was good but never elite. He needed more help but he proved in Tennessee that he could produce top 5 numbers w/o everything being perfect.
I will admit I haven't watched RT much in Tenn, but he did get benched.

He said “will be”, not “is”.

A prediction isn’t a prediction if he waits until “is” happens, right?
Well If he said “is” he would be talking about the present And it would have already happened.

He made a ridiculously premature proclamation about the future, thus ”will be”, in which case my point about beating Baltimore this weekend much less actually winning one first before even thinking about a dynasty is a fairly sensible point Is it not?

Back
Top Bottom