The Dolphins are on the Cusp of Becoming an NFL Championship Dynasty | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins are on the Cusp of Becoming an NFL Championship Dynasty

Beyond this year and our Super Bowl aspirations, I think Coach McDaniel and Chris Grier are a once-in-a-generation pair of partners in the arena of pro football. From some videos that I've seen (like the moment of Achane's draft and Coach's recounting of Hill's trade to the Finz), it is plainly apparent that these two work well together and it bodes well for the future.

I fully expect the Miami Dolphins will be the NFL's next team that establishes itself as an NFL championship dynasty because of our coaching staff and front office.

...one game at a time, of course.
Wishful thinking. I hope you are a visionary lol

I don't follow your position, but typically almost 50% of first round draft selections have very short careers.

I think it has to do with their egos, and that the NFL isn't like college. The worst in the NFL were often the best of the best from college.

Those 1st round picks who feel by virtue of being 1st round picks they don't need to improve often fail to make the grade. I'm sure you can probably think of a few who fall into that category.
I meant to ask “pleased” with the Fins recent draft picks. Achane the exception.

Beyond this year and our Super Bowl aspirations, I think Coach McDaniel and Chris Grier are a once-in-a-generation pair of partners in the arena of pro football. From some videos that I've seen (like the moment of Achane's draft and Coach's recounting of Hill's trade to the Finz), it is plainly apparent that these two work well together and it bodes well for the future.

I fully expect the Miami Dolphins will be the NFL's next team that establishes itself as an NFL championship dynasty because of our coaching staff and front office.

...one game at a time, of course.
maybe start with beating buffalo next week first, and then actually winning a playoff game. then win another. then start talking about the dynasty for the next 20 years, before they overpay tua, have to blow half the team off the roster, and go back to being perennially .500 again!

Again, I'll preface a rare post of mine with the fact that I am a data scientist and a realist. I don't post like many, just to post. I laid out months before the season why Cook and taking an RB would not move the needle much, well before the NFL eventually showed they agree. That being said, I unfortunately don't see us as anything but a .500 team in the near future. I don't like it. I hope I am wrong, but doubtful.

Next year, everything we know about current NFL teams will change. It will be the biggest year change we've ever seen in the NFL. And sadly teams like the Patriots and Jets are going to benefit from this coming off season.

We will not see a schedule as soft and advantageous as we had this year, for decades. Think about it, this year 11-games against teams with losing records! Many of them very bad teams. AND the final 4 of 5 games to be played at home! Do not overlook this major factor for this year's record.

We'll also probably see our advantage in the 'cheat motion' become banned this off-season. Not that Hill still won't be great, but losing any positive advantage downgrades the team.

Then we can't overlook the salary cap along with Wilkins and Tua contract extensions - the front office jobs have become much more difficult. Frankly, no matter which direction they decide to go, the talent on the team will take a hit as a whole.

I have a few more telling categories, like next year's injury probability, betting trends and coaching challenges. But let's just enjoy the rest of this year and go from there.

Last edited:
Again, I'll preface a rare post of mine with the fact that I am a data scientist and a realist. I don't post like many, just to post. I laid out months before the season why Cook and taking an RB would not move the needle much, well before the NFL eventually showed they agree. That being said, I unfortunately don't see us as anything but a .500 team in the near future. I don't like it. I hope I am wrong, but doubtful.

Next year, everything we know about current NFL teams will change. It will be the biggest year change we've ever seen in the NFL. And sadly teams like the Patriots and Jets are going to benefit from this coming off season.

We will not see a schedule as soft and advantageous as we had this year, for decades. Think about it, this year 11-games against teams with losing records! Many of them very bad teams. AND the final 4 of 5 games to be played at home! Do not overlook this major factor for this year's record.

We'll also probably see our advantage in the 'cheat motion' become banned this off-season. Not that Hill still won't be great, but losing any positive advantage downgrades the team.

Then we can't overlook the salary cap along with Wilkins and Tua contract extensions - the front office jobs have become much more difficult. Frankly, no matter which direction they decide to go, the talent on the team will take a hit as a whole.

I have a few more telling categories, like next year's injury probability, betting trends and coaching challenges. But let's just enjoy the rest of this year and go from there.
Every season, the look of the schedule changes as the season progresses. When the schedule was first announced, it was seen as one of the toughest in the league for 2023. As it turns out, a lot of teams underperformed. That happens every year. We just about know who our opponents will be in 2024. Some of them will overperform, others will underperform.

And you can‘t include the advantage of 4 of our last 5 at home without including the disadvantage of the early road games against difficult opponents. We played the Chiefs, Eagles, and Ravens all on the road. 3 of of first 4 were at the Chargers, at the Patriots, and at the Bills. That was seen as a brutal start before the season started.

Every season, the look of the schedule changes as the season progresses. When the schedule was first announced, it was seen as one of the toughest in the league for 2023. As it turns out, a lot of teams underperformed. That happens every year. We just about know who our opponents will be in 2024. Some of them will overperform, others will underperform.

And you can‘t include the advantage of 4 of our last 5 at home without including the disadvantage of the early road games against difficult opponents. We played the Chiefs, Eagles, and Ravens all on the road. 3 of of first 4 were at the Chargers, at the Patriots, and at the Bills. That was seen as a brutal start before the season started.
You certainly stuck a "fork" in that guy's post. - LOL

"The Dolphins are on the Cusp of Becoming an NFL Championship Dynasty"​

in what universe and which century?

Can you please link to any source even speculating that the competition committee will be reviewing this? I have not heard anyone say this would be reviewed nor have I heard that the league or a single team want this to be reviewed. There’s nothing to even ban. Pre snap motion is part of the game, Miami just does it with faster guys than most teams have. Furthermore, many teams throughout the league have now implemented some version of Dolphins’ style motion into their offensive repertoire.

The dynasty of winning off-seasons lives on. We’re starting our off-season a week later than usual this year but I have nothing but faith in Chris Grier that we’ll win yet another off-season under his watch.

Back
Top Bottom