The Dolphins offensive line plan reportedly could feature a right tackle playing left tackle and vice versa | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins offensive line plan reportedly could feature a right tackle playing left tackle and vice versa

If they are cross training they should know by now uhh these guys aren’t interchangeable

That is what I was wondering...obviously things can change, but the depth chart the team released showed Davenport at LT and Davis at RT. HAs the team moved players around in practice, most likely, but that doesn't mean that is what they are going into the game day with. I would be surprised if the team shifted both players for the game.
Davenport has been on the team less than a wk. Does anyone really believe he’s learning more than one position in that wk? Just asinine. Flo isn’t telling the media ****, it’s just their mo. Make **** up that sounds good. Some of tge crap I’ve read from Mando, Hyde and others has been total garbage. IMO if he plays at all this wk it will be at ONE position, probably LT.

If they are cross training they should know by now uhh these guys aren’t interchangeable

Neither guys is really an NFL caliber lineman and this is sort of the last chance for Davis to show he can stick. Not going to happen at LT.

As I said, they have switched up at practice to see how they react because of how bad Davenport is...

They gotten things wrong before see Rosen trade which makes me think they are just being speculative at best and no more informed then any of us

This year is literally to see if anyone on this team is worth investing in other than Howard.

It's not hard to figure it out looking at the moves the team is making.

Maybe this is just misinformation for the masses. Gotta think they have a workable plan in place. We'll see for sure on Sunday.

Maybe the coaches thought since they kept whiffing on their blocks if they play them out of position they might accidentally run into the defense.

Wait.... I just figured it all out.
Play the long snapper at center and have the QB take the snap 10 yard behind the line of scrimmage

Related image

giphy.gif

If Davenport plays at all it will be at LT.

One thing I love about Coach Flo's regime is that he adheres to the Belichick information policy … we don't tell anyone diddly!

Expect sketchy injury reports, disinformation about starters, silence from the anonymous players, crickets from the reporters' inside sources, and more smokescreens than a Bobby Flay BBQ competition on a rainy day.

Not sure whether Davis will play LT and Davenport will sit this week out until he learns our plays/terminology/scheme/assignments, or whether Davis will play RT and we'll throw caution to the wind and let Davenport wing it at LT. But my bet would be it will be one of those two scenarios.

By week 3 I'm expecting Davenport to start at LT and Davis at RT … the question is how long will it take Davenport to get up to speed before that happens.

Back
Top Bottom