The Dolphins won because of luck, bad clock management, and mother nature | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins won because of luck, bad clock management, and mother nature

I thought the clock management from both teams was bad in the 4th quarter, so I can't say as this was somehow a gift to the Dolphins. IMO, the team should have run the ball on 3rd down.

Also, the safety on the punt was atrociously bad luck for Miami. Guy literally bounced it off his own teammate's ass, not something you see every day. Despite what the lame brain announcers said, I thought a safety there was bad for Miami, as the score difference was four points. Big difference between a touchdown drive and a field goal drive with one minute to play and no timeouts.

Dolphins won because they outplayed the Bills.

Bouncing around sports radio on Sirius xm today and the VAST majority of the hosts are giving us almost zero credit for the win. The mental gymnastics they are doing to make this win, and our 3-0 record for that matter, feel like fools gold. It’s insane listening to them almost trash us.

And all they bring up are the stats and nobody wants to mention our offensive stats are so low because we had 36, THIRTY SIX! offensive plays with Tua and put up 21 points with that.

and after what everybody is saying out there we're still 3-0 and that won't change regardless of what anybody says
Exactly…I’ve never seen so many excuses and the world just keeps getting softer and softer. I even heard PFT arguing that football shouldn’t be played in such weather, and that the NFL should do something about it…seriously?

It wasn’t a perfect game and I wish Miami had done more in it.

The Dolphins dropped some key interceptions And made plenty of mistakes, as did Buffalo.

We need to do a better job on Time of possession.

In the end, a hard fought win and there are going to be games like that.

I didn’t expect to blow Buffalo off the field….

I will say this…if Buffalo continues letting Allen take those kind of hits as a runner long term…he will have a short career!

Exactly…I’ve never seen so many excuses and the world just keeps getting softer and softer. I even heard PFT arguing that football shouldn’t be played in such weather, and that the NFL should do something about it…seriously?

It wasn’t a perfect game and I wish Miami had done more in it.

The Dolphins dropped some key interceptions And made plenty of mistakes, as did Buffalo.

We need to do a better job on Time of possession.

In the end, a hard fought win and there are going to be games like that.

I didn’t expect to blow Buffalo off the field….

I will say this…if Buffalo continues letting Allen take those kind of hits as a runner long term…he will have a short career!
No game in the NFL is easy......we don’t have cup cakes like in college and a division game is always going to be hard. I'll take this win and move on to Cincy which will be another hard game on a Thursday on the road. Just hoping the team can handle this and then they'll get 10 days to recover.

The thing is this, it wouldn’t be an issue if the Bills won. The Bills have had our number for years sadly, but weather was never brought up then.
I understand that, but seriously am I the only one that saw players dropping like flies. Even a couple dolphin players were starting to cramp. It wasn’t the sole reason they lost but it definitely was part of it.

That's literally what I just heard as a "tease" on Get Up (ESPN).

Many in the media still don't want to give them credit. And they probably never will.

I'm completely fine with that. In fact, I think I prefer it. It makes winning even sweeter.
Smoke them in Buffalo and everyone will shut there yaps

Heat & Humidity is bad, but, Cold & Humid like the northeastern winter is worse.

Needless to say, I prefer a Vegas summer to Connecticut in January.
Did that kind of weather happen during a game in which players had to leave the game and not come back.

I understand that, but seriously am I the only one that saw players dropping like flies. Even a couple dolphin players were starting to cramp. It wasn’t the sole reason they lost but it definitely was part of it.
Their offense ran 90 plays and it was hot.

They can deal with it or whine afterwards.

Colin Cowpie got VERY excited talking about Thursday's game, saying the Bengals were "going to roll" and that Burrow was going to "light up" the defense.

He did make one good point though that worries me -- the defense was on the field in the heat for a LONG time, and this is now a very short week on the road. Will there be a hangover? Can they recover in time?
That's a legitimate concern.

These media muppets knew the Bills were depleted (only on Defense though) knew it was going to be hot, knew it was an away game, knew the Fins were on a serious hot streak after last weeks heroics and STILL they all said Bills would win. They didnt want to use those reasons when they had a chance to pick Fins as winners but they still didnt. They stuck to the normal bias and they went Bills. They didn't give Fins a chance and guess what?....Dolphins win yet the same names have all come out and used those reasons as an excuse for them losing. Its poor on many fronts.

Back
Top Bottom