The Dolphins won because of luck, bad clock management, and mother nature | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins won because of luck, bad clock management, and mother nature

Some are giving props. This from a writer who's been a harsh critic for a while now:

First of all, the Dolphins deserve a ton of credit. They are now 3-0 against three quality opponents, winning each game in a wildly different way. Their defense applied constant pressure to a depleted Bills offensive line. They strung together enough big plays—Tua Tagovailoa-to-Jaylen Waddle for 45 yards on third-and-22; Jevon Holland's early strip-sack to set up a first-quarter touchdown—to withstand the Bills' relentless drives. And they were prepared for a second heat-impacted game within three weeks, which makes sense, but that's not a home-field advantage they often leveraged in the recent past.

At some point, the time comes to stop putting asterisks next to Dolphins wins because they aren't particularly artful and start accepting that they're building a very strong playoff portfolio.

40 mins total time of possession and somehow it was bad clock management. The reason the Bills lost is despite statistical dominance they only managed to get into the end zone twice compared to the Phins 3 TDs. Thats all there is to it.

That's literally what I just heard as a "tease" on Get Up (ESPN).

Many in the media still don't want to give them credit. And they probably never will.

I'm completely fine with that. In fact, I think I prefer it. It makes winning even sweeter.
The media.. seriously …the most deceptive dishonest corrupt propaganda machine in human history….I mean who really cares what these sack of liars say about anything ever!

Finheaven is full of homers like me …blow hards like me…you may not agree with me all the time or even ever but what’s honest about this forum is that no matter what lots of our opinions combined create a comprehensive narrative….so ENJOY and get OFF of any media to read about your fins bc Colin Cowherd is media!

Ya…..what kind of burns my toast is all the heavy talk regarding Miami home field in the shade during the month of September!! For the last 20 years teams have been coming to Miami (not all of it in hard rock) and for the last 20 years visiting teams have had no problem pulling off victories. Rarely if ever media would touch on sunny side weather. Now Miami is winning it’s a big deal?

Ya we have a slight home field advantage by putting out opponents in the sun but big deal? So does Buffalo with their friends the snow. So does Seattle with their 12th man and so on…..that’s why it’s called home field advantage! The minute Miami beats the NFL darlings that advantage becomes big news? Guess my point is…..it sure wasn’t big news the last 20 years running?

Old saying goes…..”Buffalo if you can’t handle the heat stay out of the kitchen”

That's literally what I just heard as a "tease" on Get Up (ESPN).

Many in the media still don't want to give them credit. And they probably never will.

I'm completely fine with that. In fact, I think I prefer it. It makes winning even sweeter.

Funny, but pretty much every single game played is decided by one team making more mistakes than the other. Somebody alert the press!

Lastly, if these talking heads are going to be so singularly focused on the heat and humidity playing a huge factor — then they better say the same exact thing if/when MIA has to play @ BUF, NY, and NE in extreme cold and wind.

If we lose a game under those conditions then it better be because weather determined it, not that the other team was better.

40 mins total time of possession and somehow it was bad clock management. The reason the Bills lost is despite statistical dominance they only managed to get into the end zone twice compared to the Phins 3 TDs. Thats all there is to it.

Yep.

3 TD’s in 39 plays >>>>> 2 TD’s and a FG in 90 plays.

Pretty simple.

2 thoughts.... i had a **** ton of laughs on my mount magnifying glasses on top to catch the bills on fire....i wasnt joking. Those ****ers cheered Tua getting injured. Lets see what happens when some of them bitches randomly get sniped into "spontaneously" catching on fire....

Second thought, i will never use the phrase "we lost, yall didnt win" again. That is some of the most ignorant **** I've heard the last two weeks. My wife's enjoyment is commenting on facebook memes clowning the Dolphins, then when i wake up from nap, or get back to phone "I need you to argue with this person on facebook". Got to read the "yall played our jv team, we were missing offensive starters too, tua sat most of the entire 2nd half, qb ratings are a joke, he threw 13 passes"

well you drafted or signed those guys, we were missing starters on both sides too, correct yourself he sat in the shade almost the entire 2nd half because he could because yall wanted to see how long yall could hold the ball without scoring, if he would've thrown 60+ passes he would've had 600 yards and more than 17 points scored, but we didnt need that" so if Zach Lewis were to get caught on fire, it wouldnt bother me...

but back to the 2nd thought. maybe standings need to be W-L-T-OTLTG (other team lost the game) According to the ****ing geniuses we'd be 1-0-0-2 since i guess we only beat the Patriots, and they'd prob try to argue we were really just 0-0-0-3.

i swear if i ever catch myself saying "yall didnt win, we lost" i will personally punch myself in the dick. If i read anyone here saying that going forward after a loss, i will find you, and i will pay someone to punch you in the dick.

exactly, that is a case if miami actually had time on offense and possession to get a rhythm and exploit it. But they barely did and shows how efficient miami can be on offense even with few opportunities. I mean bills did a good job keeping miami;s offense off the field and if bills scored more that stategy would have worked for a win. But miami's defense fought to the end. Yes Bills missed plays, but they also got lucky for many missed dropped interceptions miami had in their hands too. Plus that's on the star qb to make the pass to an open wr on 4th down for td, but rocket armed skipped that ball off the ground. Miami also had injuries too

Allen nearly won them the game playing keep away but he certainly may have lost them the game skipping a ball 3 Feet in front of the WR on 4th down.

His career his game has shades of Cam Newton more than A Rodgers

Had they scored on 4th down we have no idea what Miami may have done but I think we would have gone on to score themselves and maybe they would have had time on the clock we will never know

But on 4th down the dude Allen is not money - he would think he is cerebral and the fans would like to think he is a cerebral QB but he is a FB who can throw
He extends drives by running and running some more and sometimes they are off schedule but a whole lot of his runs are scheduled

Tua has had limited opportunities on 4th down but looks composed like a sniper operating in the pressure cooker

I didn’t expect we would win in Buff and now it isn’t as important as long as we look after business week to week

Back
Top Bottom