The Draft Network Mock Draft Simulator | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft Network Mock Draft Simulator

Kyle Crabbs and Marino (forgot his first name) of Draft Dudes on the Locked On network did an interesting mock yesterday for picks 1-16. Tua is the pick at 5, and they traded Dolphins picks with Carolina at 7 and drafted Simmons. I'd love that.

Listening to part 2 (17-32) now:

Gonna listen to this as I work from home tomorrow, I'm a little behind now Kyle's doing locked on, I got my 3ypc fix in and almost up to date on locked on, need to get my draft dudes listened to. BTW Kyle's co-host is called Joe, think he has a great voice for audio broadcasts, despite being a bills fan I like him. The chemistry between the two of them is great, get them to debate Melvin Gordon to Miaimi and enjoying the bickering :)

Andrew Thomas falling to 18??? If he was there at 18, I would run to the podium

Think the big four tackles (Becton, Wirfs, Wills and Thomas) will all be gone inside or just outside the top 10 but if one is to fall it's likely to be Thomas, which is stronage when you think about how he was one of regarded as the best tackle and one of those blue chip players as we entered draft season. He's still regarded very highly but the other tackles have just overtook him for whatever reason. This tackle draft class has a hell of a lot of cream on the top of it, and those top 4 guys are very good prospects.

5. Tua
18. Andrew Thomas
26. Jalen Reagor
39. AJ Terrell
56. Cole Kmet
70. Ezra Cleveland
135. John Simpson
144. Tyler Johnson
155. Ke'Shawn Vaughn
165. Joshua Kelley
177. Reggie Robinson II
223. Lynn Bowden Jr

Doubt Kmet and Cleveland last that long, and it's not ideal drafting two LT's, but I had to go Kmet over Isaiah Wilson at 56.

But, speaking of this draft on the whole, this is how you 1) take advantage of the strengths of the 2020 class and 2) build around your new QB. Both Terrell and Robinson II are the kinds of players you should target at CB imo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200307-091804_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200307-091804_Chrome.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 3
5. Tua
18. Andrew Thomas
26. Jalen Reagor
39. AJ Terrell
56. Cole Kmet
70. Ezra Cleveland
135. John Simpson
144. Tyler Johnson
155. Ke'Shawn Vaughn
165. Joshua Kelley
177. Reggie Robinson II
223. Lynn Bowden Jr

Doubt Kmet and Cleveland last that long, and it's not ideal drafting two LT's, but I had to go Kmet over Isaiah Wilson at 56.

But, speaking of this draft on the whole, this is how you 1) take advantage of the strengths of the 2020 class and 2) build around your new QB. Both Terrell and Robinson II are the kinds of players you should target at CB imo.

I can't argue with that at all - i've been building several mocks with the same building blocks/positions (QB, 2x OT, 1x IOL, 2 RBs, and a mix of WR/DB/DL depending on slotted value and elite traits. It's a tough year to find Edge talent but a few DTs are intriguing.

I've been going a little more with Jaylon Johnson though over Terrell and when both are gone, i've stuck with Damon Arnette. I was super high on Arnette before the 40 time so i can't drop him too much. At WR i've used Reagor and Jefferson late 1 and Aiyuk in 2, otherwise it's mainly been Pittman later (who i'm really high on) and G Davis/Hightower.

I can't argue with that at all - i've been building several mocks with the same building blocks/positions (QB, 2x OT, 1x IOL, 2 RBs, and a mix of WR/DB/DL depending on slotted value and elite traits. It's a tough year to find Edge talent but a few DTs are intriguing.

I've been going a little more with Jaylon Johnson though over Terrell and when both are gone, i've stuck with Damon Arnette. I was super high on Arnette before the 40 time so i can't drop him too much. At WR i've used Reagor and Jefferson late 1 and Aiyuk in 2, otherwise it's mainly been Pittman later (who i'm really high on) and G Davis/Hightower.

I'd be good with Jefferson at 26. Feels like he'll go earlier, but while they'd provide different strengths and skill sets for Miami, both Jefferson and Reagor would complement Parker, Williams, and Gesicki very well.

I like Jaylon Johnson, and I think he's a prime candidate to significantly improve his numbers at his Pro Day, but Terrell hit the marks I'm looking for at CB, and I like his instincts and play speed. Not concerned about one of the best WR's in years (Chase) getting the best of him.

I can't decide on Aiyuk. Like aspects of his game and profile and dislike others. Tough eval for me tbh, but I'm pretty sure I'll be lower on him than the consensus. I'm much lower than most on Arnette. Going into the Combine, I thought he was jusk OK and already suspicious of him for developing so slowly. Running in the 4.5's really sunk him, though. He just doesn't give me enough to bet on.

I'd be good with Jefferson at 26. Feels like he'll go earlier, but while they'd provide different strengths and skill sets for Miami, both Jefferson and Reagor would complement Parker, Williams, and Gesicki very well.

I like Jaylon Johnson, and I think he's a prime candidate to significantly improve his numbers at his Pro Day, but Terrell hit the marks I'm looking for at CB, and I like his instincts and play speed. Not concerned about one of the best WR's in years (Chase) getting the best of him.

I can't decide on Aiyuk. Like aspects of his game and profile and dislike others. Tough eval for me tbh, but I'm pretty sure I'll be lower on him than the consensus. I'm much lower than most on Arnette. Going into the Combine, I thought he was jusk OK and already suspicious of him for developing so slowly. Running in the 4.5's really sunk him, though. He just doesn't give me enough to bet on.

Aiyuk is purely a luxury pick in the few i took him. His catch radius is a little less than i prefer and high throws tend to give him trouble, which lead to INTs in the NFL. That said, his RAC is high level. He's good at what Miami doesn't have....vertical routes and quick screens/crossers. Plus he adds value in the return game. I don't think WR need is overly pressing compared to others but if you get Tua and a few linemen, it would be a nice add, especially if you get a guy with some juice to compliment Williams and Parker.

Arnette reminds me of X Howard but with better technique and fluidity. X ran a 4.58 at the combine and was a bit of a late developer. He had some great highlights and scary lowlights at Baylor. I wasn't sold on the pick and as good as he's been in the pros, he still gets beat more than other top CBs. His slower 40 time is going to hurt his draft stock but also bring better value in the eyes of someone like me who likes other parts of his game. I do wish he was more physical in the run game. I like my CBs to get involved....and why i don't watch much tape on Henderson.

I am not looking at WRs who did not test except Claypool and Ruggs. So, for me first round talent is:

1. Mims
2. Claypool
3. Jeudy
4. Pittman
5. Ruggs (production is missing)

In later rounds, athletic talent with low college production:

6. Duvernay
7. Joe Reed
8. KJ Osborn
9. Aiyuk
10. Juwan Johnson

Now, Higgins looked really good against one of the best and fastest corners in the class, Bassey from WF, so Higgins' numbers may be off the charts too. But he did not test, so he is out of the consideration.

I am not looking at WRs who did not test except Claypool and Ruggs. So, for me first round talent is:

1. Mims
2. Claypool
3. Jeudy
4. Pittman
5. Ruggs (production is missing)

In later rounds, athletic talent with low college production:

6. Duvernay
7. Joe Reed
8. KJ Osborn
9. Aiyuk
10. Juwan Johnson

Now, Higgins looked really good against one of the best and fastest corners in the class, Bassey from WF, so Higgins' numbers may be off the charts too. But he did not test, so he is out of the consideration.

And what exactly makes Bassey one of the best corners in this class? You lost me there.

Takes more than athleticism to be a good football player, especially CB.
Yes but it takes first and foremost elite athleticism. Bassey proved it at the combine. So when you watch Higgins go against him on the highlights, he is going against an NFL type elite athlete cornerback.

Yes but it takes first and foremost elite athleticism.

Eric Rowe had a better 40, 3-cone and shuttle while being 4 inches taller and 14 pounds heavier. His vert was only 0.5 inches less.

I agree you need athleticism, but athleticism alone does not make the player.....if so, Rowe wouldn't have bounced around the league as much as he has already and ended up at FS.

Back
Top Bottom