The Eastern Conference Finals Thread: Heat vs. Pistons | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Eastern Conference Finals Thread: Heat vs. Pistons

Phinsome said:
Your tone speaks to the possibility that you are not a heat fan. If not, why the heck are you a Phin fan? :rolleyes:

Oh that's rich.

For what it's worth, I'm not a Heat fan either, I'll go ahead and return my Badge of Tr00 Fandom to you, O Proclaimer of Fruitless Laws

Phinsome said:
No comment for fear of TOS violation.

Translation: "I was just hoist upon my own petard and now I'm pretending forum rules prevent me from responding".

DPlus47 said:
they are at the palace with whistles and ref uniforms on.

ask a Heat fan and the Heat have been persecuted more than Jesus

RobFins2005 said:
ask a Heat fan and the Heat have been persecuted more than Jesus

more damage is being done to jesus these days than ever in his lifetime, but i digress...

anybody who plays a team like the pistons or the spurs is in for it. those teams play tough D, so they are allowed to do more by reputation. teams playing those teams are not allowed to guard their players in the same style. for example, van horn's foul last night where his feet were set, his arms were straight up, and he got whistled for "shifting his weight" against duncan. are you kidding me?

i'm not sure what purpose the refs serve out there in NBA basketball. sometimes it appears they are there to keep the game close; other times it appears they are trying to make the game go a certain way style-wise. it's my opinion that they should just send them home. they are making the game worse and they're unnecessary. the teams with the "tough" reputations would learn how protected they are out there.

Stud of last nights game:

Miami's offseason acquisitions
Maybe Pat Riley wasn't so crazy to make all those changes after all. Newcomers Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, Gary Payton (right) and James Posey combined for 46 points and 19 rebounds as the Heat won at Detroit to take a 1-0 series lead. Miami's imported string quartet tickled the twine to the tune of a combined 18-of-30 shooting (including 5-of-8 from downtown). They also sparked a pivotal third-quarter surge with Dwyane Wade on the bench in foul trouble. Chalk it up to fresh legs if you want, but on this night Walker (17 points), Payton (14), Williams (10) and Posey (five points, five rebounds) certainly made the boss look smart.

Duds of last nights game:

Rasheed Wallace, Pistons
At least this time he didn't make a prediction. Wallace finished with just seven points (on 3-of-10 shooting) to go with three rebounds and no assists in 32 minutes as the Pistons handed over home-court advantage to Miami. Perhaps still bothered by that sore right ankle sustained in Game 4 of the Cavs series, 'Sheed was a non-factor. He laid a goose egg in the first half, and culminated his dismal evening by airballing a 10-foot floater in the lane late in the game. On a night when Richard Hamilton (9-of-22 shooting), Chauncey Billups (6-of-19) and Tayshaun Prince (5-of-13) all struggled to make shots, the Pistons needed more from 'Sheed.

Play of last nights game:

In what had to have been a first in NBA history, Shaquille O'Neal and Ben Wallace were fouled intentionally on consecutive possessions late in the fourth quarter. The bizarre sequence began with the Heat leading 82-71 and 2:28 to play. Knowing the Pistons needed to score a lot in a hurry, Riley ordered his team to foul Big Ben, a 41.8 percent career shooter from the foul line. After Wallace missed both attempts, the Pistons then immediately did the same to Shaq. The Heat center, a 52.8 percent career shooter, split two at the other end. Fortunately for anybody watching, the strategy was abandoned thereafter.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2006/05/24/fast.breaks.heat.pistons/index.html

brad,

clear.gif

How you like those?

Heat in 4, Pisstons are OVERMATCHED, OVERRATED, and OVER

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Play of last nights game:

In what had to have been a first in NBA history, Shaquille O'Neal and Ben Wallace were fouled intentionally on consecutive possessions late in the fourth quarter. The bizarre sequence began with the Heat leading 82-71 and 2:28 to play. Knowing the Pistons needed to score a lot in a hurry, Riley ordered his team to foul Big Ben, a 41.8 percent career shooter from the foul line. After Wallace missed both attempts, the Pistons then immediately did the same to Shaq. The Heat center, a 52.8 percent career shooter, split two at the other end. Fortunately for anybody watching, the strategy was abandoned thereafter.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2006/05/24/fast.breaks.heat.pistons/index.html

Did Sports Illustrated even see the game?

SHAQ didn't go to the line. The Pistons weren't in the penalty. Flip Saunders is a flippin' idiot.

Section126 said:
Did Sports Illustrated even see the game?

SHAQ didn't go to the line. The Pistons weren't in the penalty. Flip Saunders is a flippin' idiot.

:sidelol:

excellent. But good to know Shaq went 1 for 2 in the alternate dimension where Sports Illustrated is published.

For all the talk of great sports towns, and the constant dogging of our own beloved Dolphins team and Miami area sports fans...

...they constantly booed their team last night, and the Palace was EMPTY at the end of the game. One of the biggest lies ever told is that some places are good sports towns. Bullfarkingcrap. Everybody loves a winner and hates a loser. No matter where you are.

What a great sports town, Detroit! Boo them and leave early. And its not like they have much to leave early to do. Well, maybe for the hookers.

Back
Top Bottom