the elephant in the room | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the elephant in the room

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Well we might as well talk about it. Can Miami get away without drafting an offensive tackle in round 1 and potentially use the later rounds to fill a glaring need?
After first round picks on Long, Pouncey, James and Tunsil ,and Grier in some front office capacity on the termination of 3 of those, could the strategy be to wait until after round 1 and could that pay off?

What sense does that even make???

First of all, you have different ppl doing the evals now, so the past is hardly relevant.

2nd of all, if as you suggest, we can't get good O-linemen in rd 1, what makes you think we can get them in rd3 or rd4?.

I think if we choose to go with skill position guys in the first (QB, WR, RB) that there are quality olinemen to be had in the second round and later. But they need to be committed to fixing the oline.

Alot will depend on who falls through the cracks. Luckily, we have plenty of picks.

The ONLY way you don't take at least one OT in the 1st round of this draft is if a legit top 5-10 talent falls to 18 and all the OT's good enough to go in the 1st round are gone by pick 26.
Even then, you find a way to get one of those top 4, preferably top 3.

I think if we choose to go with skill position guys in the first (QB, WR, RB) that there are quality olinemen to be had in the second round and later. But they need to be committed to fixing the oline.

Alot will depend on who falls through the cracks. Luckily, we have plenty of picks.
Hey bro! How ya been?

Well we might as well talk about it. Can Miami get away without drafting an offensive tackle in round 1 and potentially use the later rounds to fill a glaring need?
After first round picks on Long, Pouncey, James and Tunsil ,and Grier in some front office capacity on the termination of 3 of those, could the strategy be to wait until after round 1 and could that pay off?
Sorry if my posts came off as harsh, but this damn O-line needs to be addressed early, and fixed FFS.

It doesn't matter how many WRs and RBs you have, they aren't doing **** with a horrible O-line.

Fix it NOW!!!!!

Who would you draft in the 1st then? WR? RB? CB? DT? Weak draft for DE, G, Few if any outstanding LB's or TE's. Your thread, what would you do?

I think it's very possible... as much as we need OL I hope they dont reach for one when there is much better talent available.

We need to draft a highly rated olineman 100%, it will be difficult if not impossible to succeed running or passing without a capable line... god knows we have seen the results of that for at least a decade

I'm of a mind that one tackle is necessary in round one. Then it's going to come down to whose available. If we think the talent is there for the other T in round two then that's fine.

Maybe it's Tua at 5, OT at 18 or 26 and RB or DE at 18/26. To me, if we can get Tua and an OT and Thomas or Dobbins at RB in round one then OT and DE in round two we're styling.

It's hell that we need two tackles. That's a bear. Howard alone isn't the answer at RB.

Back
Top Bottom