the elephant in the room | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the elephant in the room

I'd be elated if we took Dobbins at #26. Pair him up with Howard and let guys like Gaskin, Laird and insert another rookie RB name here to fight it out in camp. Down to brass tacks I'm not anti- RB in the first round. We need a playmaker in the backfield, potentially could have our pick of the litter at #26.
Exactly. Dobbins or Taylor are who I want. Akers ran behind a horrific OL so hard to know how he's going to do. I've never been all in on Swift.

Only reason not to draft one of the top Offensive Tackles somewhere in the first round would be if we ponied up the big bucks and a Draft pick for Trent Williams from the Redskins. I strongly doubt that will happen.

Last edited:
I think if we choose to go with skill position guys in the first (QB, WR, RB) that there are quality olinemen to be had in the second round and later. But they need to be committed to fixing the oline.

Alot will depend on who falls through the cracks. Luckily, we have plenty of picks.

I think we need two Offensive tackles with our first 6 picks, it is easier to get a running back in the 2nd or 3rd than a starting left tackle, so I think we need to try and get one of the top 5 Otackles with one of our first 3 picks assuming we don’t trade any of them away to trade up which I seriously hope we don’t do because we won’t need to!

Nobody in the FO would ever admit it but we simply have to get a Tackle in the first round. We let 2 starting tackles go, 2 that were well thought of around the league based on money paid. So, we're stuck. I'd be surprised is we don't go QB then tackle.

Nobody in the FO would ever admit it but we simply have to get a Tackle in the first round. We let 2 starting tackles go, 2 that were well thought of around the league based on money paid. So, we're stuck. I'd be surprised is we don't go QB then tackle.
We did let 2 good tackles go, but it was the right decision in both cases, IMHO.

I think we need two Offensive tackles with our first 6 picks, it is easier to get a running back in the 2nd or 3rd than a starting left tackle, so I think we need to try and get one of the top 5 Otackles with one of our first 3 picks assuming we don’t trade any of them away to trade up which I seriously hope we don’t do because we won’t need to!
yea, im not a fan of taking a RB that high either. But I'd have a hard time passing on Ceedee Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs at 18. Grab the OT at 26, hold off on the RB till the end of round 2 or round 3.

yea, im not a fan of taking a RB that high either. But I'd have a hard time passing on Ceedee Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs at 18. Grab the OT at 26, hold off on the RB till the end of round 2 or round 3.
Oh yeah, Tua or Herbert at 5 followed by any of those three and one of the top 5 otackles would be a great first round

I think they’re going to trade up with #18 and then #26, JMO

Definitely. I said it yesterday in another post. We have too many draft picks. The later round picks can be packaged to do a lot of moving. I highly doubt that all three of 5, 18, and 26 belonged to Miami at the end of day 1

Well we might as well talk about it. Can Miami get away without drafting an offensive tackle in round 1 and potentially use the later rounds to fill a glaring need?
After first round picks on Long, Pouncey, James and Tunsil ,and Grier in some front office capacity on the termination of 3 of those, could the strategy be to wait until after round 1 and could that pay off?
No they can not get away with not drafting an offensive Tackle in the first round. History clearly shows with Grier as the GM or in the personnel department the Dolphins have done a terrible job of drafting offensive linemen beyond the first round.
Hopefully they will draft an offensive tackle in the first round and also a guard or center in the first round.
They can use the rest of their draft picks to shore up the other areas of need on the roster and just select a QB and 2 offensive linemen in round one, IMO.

Definitely. I said it yesterday in another post. We have too many draft picks. The later round picks can be packaged to do a lot of moving. I highly doubt that all three of 5, 18, and 26 belonged to Miami at the end of day 1

To many draft picks. WTF, have you seen our roster..

Back
Top Bottom