The Final 50 and 3 spots that Miami will target when cuts are announced. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Final 50 and 3 spots that Miami will target when cuts are announced.

Edds will definitely be fine, him being inactive is not a bad thing, if Crowder was still here, he would be active.

Yep, agreed.

Edds brings a very unique element with his coverage skills. Anytime we play a team with a big-threat TE (Damn Cheatriots have two of them) we will see extensive playing time for Edds.

Still have ZERO idea how Clowning Chowder stuck around as long as he did....the fact no other teams picked him up is pretty telling IMHO

edds won't get run over dansby or burnett on passing downs...those 2 guys would be my first and second choices every time to play coverage...edds is gonna probably ride the pine and develop which is fine...cause no way i'd take those guys off the field for this kid barring injury etc

Livas' only shot is the practice squad. He only had 1 big return in the pre-season, otherwise he did pretty much nothing.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Yep, agreed.

Edds brings a very unique element with his coverage skills. Anytime we play a team with a big-threat TE (Damn Cheatriots have two of them) we will see extensive playing time for Edds.

Still have ZERO idea how Clowning Chowder stuck around as long as he did....the fact no other teams picked him up is pretty telling IMHO

Clam Chowder was all mouth and little action.

watching this game now aj edds played really damn well...saw a couple negative plays where one he let demarco murray get underneath of him and carry him for 3 yards after contact but overall probably best game i've seen from him...

will allen balled as well...he looks pretty damn good...

and you know what if its me reshad jones is my starting free safety...yeah he's gonna struggle in deep vertical coverage probably but he's a physical force and he shows solid instincts...when he put it in another gear to catch murray despite little to no angle after murray was past him on that big screen play that was money...and he shot out of a cannon to come up on the reverse to kevin ogletree and stop that sucker for a loss...

lol you lost me when you put only 1 tight end on our roster.

Why are people so keen on keeping Polite?

He had a good season 2 years ago, was horrible last year, and FB is a dying position.

b/t i am convinced they are trying to hide frank kearse...he's gotten very little run the last 2 games but he's flashed when he's gotten to play...definitely someone i want to develop...

that spears kids got some thing worth developing as an edge rusher also...too light in the pants though to set the edge right now at least...but there's some pass rush tools there

You know what, your absolutely right. I atleast believe they will have Livas survive the first round of cuts, see who becomes available and make a decision from there. I like Livas, but he doesn't break tackles, and a solid returner needs to be able to break a tackle. He doesn't have "I'll out run you speed" either. I have liked some of his decision making though and that is important, plus he hasn't muffed any punts so he definitely could make the roster thinking about it . . . but I gotta think Miami is gonna keep their eyes open for any potential upgrades.

Craziest post I've read in a long time. (1) Any "upgrade" over LIVAS will NEVER be cut. (2) He absolutely DOES have "I'll outrun you" speed, even w/o considering his quickness, and how fast he gets it in gear. (3) "Doesn't break tackles"??? What are we talking about here? HBs? Get real. (4) He looked like lightning AS A WR out of the "slot": quick AND fast---he may be "insurance" against GATES's getting injured...but NOT if he's on someone else's Roster, which he will be if MIAMI's geniuses try to sneak him onto the P/S.

Don't count Andre Gurode out.

Wouldn't surpise me one iota to see him in Aqua and Orange this season. Lots of ties, and I actually was expecting a trade between Jerra and Ireland when I learned of the devlopments here in Dallas

If they release Berger you can bet the house we are going after Gourode.

b/t i am convinced they are trying to hide frank kearse...he's gotten very little run the last 2 games but he's flashed when he's gotten to play...definitely someone i want to develop...

that spears kids got some thing worth developing as an edge rusher also...too light in the pants though to set the edge right now at least...but there's some pass rush tools there

SPEARS will be poached the minute he's cut. You're worried that he can't set the edge??? Didn't they say the same thing about J TAYLOR? Except that he did it, beginning when he played strong side to accommodate the a**hole PORTER. Remember that? I DO! As to "right now", MIAMI needs another pass rusher...BAD. Because as to pass-rushing, MISI's a borderline bust: he sucks at it, plain and simple. And IAF's totally non-descript as a SOLB.

KEARSE MIGHT make it to the P/S and not be poached. But I doubt it! If he played ANY position other than NT, I'd say "go ahead". But NTs are too valuable, and he's got all the tools to potentially be a very good one. And as you pointed out, in limited work, he HAS shown signs!

watching this game now aj edds played really damn well...saw a couple negative plays where one he let demarco murray get underneath of him and carry him for 3 yards after contact but overall probably best game i've seen from him...

will allen balled as well...he looks pretty damn good...

and you know what if its me reshad jones is my starting free safety...yeah he's gonna struggle in deep vertical coverage probably but he's a physical force and he shows solid instincts...when he put it in another gear to catch murray despite little to no angle after murray was past him on that big screen play that was money...and he shot out of a cannon to come up on the reverse to kevin ogletree and stop that sucker for a loss...

All valid observations. It's just that Y BELL's getting old, and I'd really like to see what JONES could do as MIAMI's SS. After all, CULVER's not that special at all, i/m/o.

SPEARS will be poached the minute he's cut. You're worried that he can't set the edge??? Didn't they say the same thing about J TAYLOR? Except that he did it, beginning when he played strong side to accommodate the a**hole PORTER. Remember that? I DO! As to "right now", MIAMI needs another pass rusher...BAD. Because as to pass-rushing, MISI's a borderline bust: he sucks at it, plain and simple. And IAF's totally non-descript as a SOLB.

KEARSE MIGHT make it to the P/S and not be poached. But I doubt it! If he played ANY position other than NT, I'd say "go ahead". But NTs are too valuable, and he's got all the tools to potentially be a very good one. And as you pointed out, in limited work, he HAS shown signs!

i watched spears get run over against the run...he looks like he weighs 230 lbs...just some observations...i agree we need a situational pass rusher bad and this kid might be able to offer us some help this year there...would have been nice though to see him get a few snaps against some guys who will be playin on sundays to see how he fared...

if they keep spears and kearse and let some other vets go i'd be fine with it...they both have a lot of upside and potential...ideally though i think they'd like to get em on the p squad for now at least

i watched spears get run over against the run...he looks like he weighs 230 lbs...just some observations...i agree we need a situational pass rusher bad and this kid might be able to offer us some help this year there...would have been nice though to see him get a few snaps against some guys who will be playin on sundays to see how he fared...

if they keep spears and kearse and let some other vets go i'd be fine with it...they both have a lot of upside and potential...ideally though i think they'd like to get em on the p squad for now at least

I saw the exact same thing with Spears . . . just too light right now. If they kept him and Kearse, I would be more than fine with it, but ideally I think they both would benefit greatly from a year on the Practice Squad.

Every year people are "shocked" by cuts and claim they are gonna get taken off the Practice Squad or claimed . . . and I promise you almost always this never happens to us. Alot of times teams have spent so much time evaluating their own young guys they rather keep them on the PS. I mean think about it, if a team were to claim Spears or Kearse, they would have to add them to their 53 man roster . . . that is a big decision to base a guy you haven't seen the entire offseason and just in limited reps against 3rd stringers in the preseason. You may have liked him in the draft or as a UDFA, but still, it definitely doesn't mean as much as people want to make it seem.

Why are people so keen on keeping Polite?

He had a good season 2 years ago, was horrible last year, and FB is a dying position.

In the end, that is how I looked at it as well. I saw Hilliard getting some burn at FB the other night . . . to me, that seems like a better fit in this offense and he offers more as an offensive threat IMO.

The big key is how they feel in short yardage situations, because Polite has been money no question the last 2 years and that is a good weapon to have in those situations . . . the numbers don't lie. I just think if they roll with Clay, Hilliard and LJ . . . Polite isn't needed.

Back
Top Bottom