The Final 50 and 3 spots that Miami will target when cuts are announced. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Final 50 and 3 spots that Miami will target when cuts are announced.

It would be a shame to see Polite go. He's statistically our best option on 3rd and short situations.

SPEARS will be poached the minute he's cut. You're worried that he can't set the edge??? Didn't they say the same thing about J TAYLOR? Except that he did it, beginning when he played strong side to accommodate the a**hole PORTER. Remember that? I DO! As to "right now", MIAMI needs another pass rusher...BAD. Because as to pass-rushing, MISI's a borderline bust: he sucks at it, plain and simple. And IAF's totally non-descript as a SOLB.

KEARSE MIGHT make it to the P/S and not be poached. But I doubt it! If he played ANY position other than NT, I'd say "go ahead". But NTs are too valuable, and he's got all the tools to potentially be a very good one. And as you pointed out, in limited work, he HAS shown signs!

I like Spears potential, keeping him on the 53 is just keeping him inactive but securing him . . . I don't know if Miami does that. You think he is active if kept? He isn't ready for big time NFL ball. He definitely has potential but he has gotta bulk up and get stronger against the run. Wake still struggles against the run and Wake is a ****ing animal physically. Miami does need another pass rusher, but I don't necessarily think Spears is that guy in 2011. Misi and Ike are both good options on the strongside. IAF can set the edge against the run and Misi is extremely versatile. Yea they both lack as pass rushers, but that isn't the only quality needed from your OLB's in the 3-4. Miami was 11th in sacks last year and we upgrade the backup WOLB and added a ILB that can rush the passer. Then we are bringing back Will Allen and add Jimmy Wilson, both guys who will play a big part in our blitz packages in 2011.

I haven't seen enough of Livas, but once again, I'm not upset in the least if we keep Livas, Spears and Kearse over Fields, Moore and IAF. I mean we are talking about depth here not earth shattering break your team stuff. I think you definitely have overanalayzed these guys thinking teams are chomping at the bit waiting for Miami to release them to put them on their 53 man roster. It could happen, but all 3 guys could benefit from a year on the PS and Miami needs guys who can bring something now, especially this regime.

And don't compare a 3rd string UDFA to a guy who had like 18 sacks with the Dolphins and a guy who is the all time active leader in sacks . . . Porter earned the right to man the weakside after the year he had in 2008. Spears needs to bulk up, plain and simple. If they roll with him, that is fine, but I'm not expecting much this season.

why in the hell would they keep roberto wallace over moore?

moore has been all over the field, made some of the best plays in pre season and as far as i can tell has only dropped one ball.

i can think of ONE play from wallace that was noteworthy.

and i dont care a thing about "he plays special teams" nonsense as you dont give up a blooming talent like moore for a special teams guy. you can find that much easier on the wire than you can a budding STAR wr.

with the offense we appear to be running, big play wr's are a premium and wallace hasnt shwon enough of that for me.

why in the hell would they keep roberto wallace over moore?

moore has been all over the field, made some of the best plays in pre season and as far as i can tell has only dropped one ball.

i can think of ONE play from wallace that was noteworthy.

and i dont care a thing about "he plays special teams" nonsense as you dont give up a blooming talent like moore for a special teams guy. you can find that much easier on the wire than you can a budding STAR wr.

with the offense we appear to be running, big play wr's are a premium and wallace hasnt shwon enough of that for me.

I think when factoring your #5 WR, you need to also factor in upside, special teams and how he has looked the ENTIRE camp. Everybody has been saying how Wallace has just been a beast in camp. He offers more on special teams, and though outside of the first game he has been fairly quiet . . . I still think judging the last 3 preseason games isn't a good enough barometer for Moore against Wallace.

I don't think its carzy at all to keep Wallace over Moore, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Moore over Wallace. It is not as cut and dry as you are making it though. If they base it on preseason alone, I would give the nod to Moore.

i don't know whats up with lex hilliard as far as being a ball carrying option but he's an after thought in that regard right now...works for me...no wiggle limited downhill guy...might make sense to use him some though in short yardage and goalline as a ball carrier

unless we bring in someone with more going for them than larry johnson which after what i saw last night shouldn't be hard...

as for marlon moore he got a free release and ran a route down the seam against a cb who looked like he wasn't sure if it was man or zone and blew the coverage and caught a ball in front of the closing deep safety...nothing great about that play at all...its what he should do...

You know what, your absolutely right. I atleast believe they will have Livas survive the first round of cuts, see who becomes available and make a decision from there. I like Livas, but he doesn't break tackles, and a solid returner needs to be able to break a tackle. He doesn't have "I'll out run you speed" either. I have liked some of his decision making though and that is important, plus he hasn't muffed any punts so he definitely could make the roster thinking about it . . . but I gotta think Miami is gonna keep their eyes open for any potential upgrades.

A great returner does not break tackles, he avoids tacklers.

P Livas is easily the 2nd fastest player on this team after C Gates so I'm not sure just how fast a player you want. I know you will not find that guy on waivers.

A great returner does not break tackles, he avoids tacklers.

P Livas is easily the 2nd fastest player on this team after C Gates so I'm not sure just how fast a player you want. I know you will not find that guy on waivers.

Livas wishes he had Reggie Bush speed.

livas looks more quick than straight line speed...i doubt he can run with vontae davis either...he's plenty fast enough but gates bush clemons and vontae i think would beat him

How did we get on this "Livas can't take break tackles" kick?

Ginn doesn't break tackles, Hester doesn't, Leon Washington avoids tacklers although he may break one or two. A KR does not need to break tackles....my boy Gary "The Flea" Harrell played ST for the Giants a couple years...real small dude, but he was a good returner.

I don't know if Livas sticks or not...but this breaking tackles talk needs to stop.

How did we get on this "Livas can't take break tackles" kick?

Ginn doesn't break tackles, Hester doesn't, Leon Washington avoids tacklers although he may break one or two. A KR does not need to break tackles....my boy Gary "The Flea" Harrell played ST for the Giants a couple years...real small dude, but he was a good returner.

I don't know if Livas sticks or not...but this breaking tackles talk needs to stop.

Livas doesn't have Ginn or Hester speed and Washington is built more solid than Livas and can break tacklet=s. You are right, it isn't a big point to whether he is the proper returner . . . I'm just saying he seems to trip up easily and at this level, 4.5 speed may not be good enough unless he bulks up a bit more. I think there is a notion out there that Livas has this Chris Johnson speed and he is gonna outrun everybody, I just don't think that is the case. He is very agile and quick, but he isn't the fastest guy. He is a good returner, but all this talk about him being some kind of elite guy and guys like him can't be found is absolute nonsense. Throw in the fact that he did very little as a WR in college, and I hardly think he is "untouchable" like some seem to think he is.

That said, I like that he makes good decisions with the football and he would be an upgrade over Davone Bess on punts and he should be an upgrade on kickoffs, though the impact there will be less this year. If Miami feels they can afford a roster spot on a punt returner, so be it, I'm not so sure, but I do like the kid.

Back
Top Bottom