The first round at this time. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The first round at this time.

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
This is a very rough draft of the first round. This is the way things are looking at this time:

Trades
1. NY and SD swap first round picks. SD receives NY's 2nd round pick and a later pick.
2. CLE and OAK swap first round picks. OAK picks up CLE's 2nd round pick and a future pick.
3. DET and BUF swap first round picks. DET gets BUF's 1st and 2nd.

01. New York Giants - Eli Manning QB Mississippi
02. Cleveland Browns - Robert Gallery OT Iowa
03. Arizona Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh
04. San Diego Chargers - Philip Rivers QB North Carolina State
05. Washington Redskins - Sean Taylor DB Miami
06. Buffalo Bills - Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami of Ohio
07. Oakland Raiders - Roy Williams WR Texas
08. Atlanta Falcons - DeAngelo Hall DB Virginia Tech.
09. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kenechi Udeze DE Southern California
10. Houston Texans - Kellen Winslow Jr. TE Miami
11. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dunta Robinson CB South Carolina
12. New York Jets - Jonathan Vilma LB Miami
13. Detroit Lions - Stephen Jackson RB Oregon State
14. Chicago Bears - Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Will Smith DE Ohio State
16. San Francisco 49ers - Reggie Williams WR Washington
17. Denver Broncos - Vince Wilfork DT Miami
18. New Orleans Saints - D.J. Williams LB Miami
19. Minnesota Vikings - Shawn Andrews OT Arkansas
20. Miami Dolphins - Michael Clayton WR LSU
21. New England Patriots - Will Poole DB Southern California
22. Dallas Cowboys - Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech.
23. Seattle Seahawks - Marcus Tubbs DT Texas
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Randy Starks DT Maryland
25. Green Bay Packers - Antwan Odom DE Alabama
26. St. Louis Rams - Justin Smiley OG Alabama
27. Tennessee Titans - Jason Babin DE Western Michigan
28. Philadelphia Eagles - Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
29. Indianapolis Colts - Karlos Dansby LB Auburn
30. Kansas City Chiefs - Derrick Strait DB Oklahoma
31. Carolina Panthers - Matt Ware DB UCLA
32. New England Patriots - Jacob Rogers OT Southern California

KRIS: nice work...I think you've got it really close to the way I see it. However, I think we might take Evans over Clayton.

Others: if we could trade down, with whom and targeting which player?

We end up with the worst pick of the teams in the AFC east... Michael Clayton? No way! I think we trade down before we take Clayton with the first pick maybe a second if we trade down or a third rd, but not the first. I know the word is Rick is thinking a WR with the first pick but I don't see Rick taking Clayton, Lee Evans would be a more realistic first pick for us, unfortunetly he will be gone by twenty. I see Miami moving down if Andrews or Evans are no longer on the board. This will give us more picks, but we won't get the players we've hoped for.

Two things id love to see -

How our FO ranksthe WR's

How our FO ranks the OL

sure would be easier to get an idea of who we will take.

Clayton over Lee Evans?

Lee Evans will be off the board before Clayton.

Just say NO to a WR in the first round!

:fire:

A wide receiver will give the team the most impact in the first round.

Evans and Clayton are very, very close in the ratings. Some have Clayton ahead of Evans. I think they are probably separated by 2 tenths of a point on most boards. Rick Spielman likes size in his receivers though, and Clayton brings a 6-3 frame with very, very soft hands. They both have great hands. Clayton has better size and blocking ability. Evans has more pure speed. They both are very good route runners.

Clayton may be the #3 receiver in the draft on some boards. I've heard that while Dennis Erickson is pushing SF to draft Reggie Williams, there are some within their scouting department that would rather SF take Clayton at 16. That would possibly drop Williams to Miami.

Sorry but all these trades are just rumor. I think they are red herrings to throw off real intentions.
I bet half of them don't happen.

Look for the orginal order to stay close to the same. Maybe the Giants and Chargers happen but I can't see the cleveland move happening.

I would be so pissed off if we took Clayton. Besides the fact that we need OL a lot more than anything else, Clayton wouldn't even be the best WR on the board in that situation.

If Washington takes Andrews, he would be a guard... Wouldn't that be early for a guard?

I hope we don't take Clayton cos I want Evans as I think he'd be a better fit for us imo.Is about time we take a real playmaker with our first pick so I say lets go for Evans if he's there.

Ozzy rules!!

I've said that Washington is going to take Taylor, but they now need a TE and Winslow might be their man....

Back
Top Bottom