The first round at this time. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The first round at this time.

NathanHunt said:
In case most of your "throw it deep" guys haven't noticed, we have OFFICIALLY acquired the last piece of the Dallas Cowboys' SB regime, David Boston. We now have the prototype team that JJ and now Wanny have been trying to build the entire time...

Irvin, Harper, Smith, Novacheck, Moose, Aikman and a good D.

Boston, Chambers, Williams, McMichael, Konrad, Feeley/Fiedler and Co.

This is what JJ had in mind when he came here. It's the same blueprint he won with. We've been hiring and acquiring coaches and players that fit this mold for nearly a decade. The final piece is here. Now it's time to see if it all works.

More 3 WR sets.... MY @$$!

You forgot to mention Kelvin Martin, who caught 35 passes as the #3 in 1992, 57 passes as the #3 in 1993, and 56 passes as the #3 in 1994.

Contary to popular opinion, those Cowboys' teams played quite a bit of 3 wide sets.

Yeah. Two offensive linemen, a linebacker, and a defensive tackle will come in and start as rookies on this team.

Not all this year Albert, but we are drafting them to BE starters in the next year or two.

According to Jack Daniels here, JS we'll be starting in 2010.

BTW, how many 23, 24 and 25 yos are sitting on the bench capable of starting now?

2 maybe 3? OUT OF 53? :up:

Look past the starting line up MONK. There are such things as injuries, retirement and FA. Not all of your precious starters will be here in 2 years.

You're a jeanous.

You forgot to mention Kelvin Martin, who caught 35 passes as the #3 in 1992, 57 passes as the #3 in 1993, and 56 passes as the #3 in 1994.

Contary to popular opinion, those Cowboys' teams played quite a bit of 3 wide sets.

And we don't have a 3rd wideout with the 20 on our roster right now?

Columbo, you're argument for a WR @ #20 isn't gaining much momentum.

No.

According to me, Junior Seau would have been cut to free up money to keep Adewale Ogunleye, our 25 year old Pro Bowl Defensive end. Eddie Moore and Corey Jenkins would be given the chance to take over the WLB position.

As far as our third wide out is concerned, quantity does not equal quality.

Wasn't Eddie Moore on the field last year?

Ah yea... you right, I forgot.. he WAS INJURED.

Big deal.

Eddie Moore is young, athletic, and fits the style of defense this team plays. It is a much better proposition to have Eddie Moore starting at weakside linebacker with Ogunleye at strongside end than it is to have Seau the Freelancer at weakside linebacker with Jay Williams/David Bowens at strongside end.

Big deal.

Eddie Moore is young, athletic, and

a bar fighter, prone to injury AND has yet to play in an NFL game. He's JUST OUR TYPE.

Ogun is more replaceable than you think.

BTW, with all YOUR support for a 3rd WR, you forgot to we still NEED a STARTING OL.

You know, you don't wanna trade Ogun. Which means our next pick is in the 3rd.

WHERE'S THE TYLENOL!

Yeah. I must be stupid for wanting to keep the best young pass rusher in the NFL, especially considering that Pro Bowl defensive ends grow on trees.

Maybe we can find another Kenny Mixon who had 6.5 sacks in 4 seasons playing opposite Jason Taylor.

Silly Rabbit, DE's (opposite JT) are for kids...

Trace Armstrong 10.5
Lorenzo Bromell 8.0

Rich Owens 8.5
Trace Armstrong 7.5
Lorenzo Bromell 5.0

Trace Armstrong 16.5

Lorenzo Bromell 6.5

How many PRO BOWL OLmen have we had in that stretch?

Your bandwagon is losing wheels fast.

And, BTW, you are stupid.
Hey, attack the post not the poster, people are entitled to their opinion and are not "stupid" for what they had to say regarding this issue. - Terrytate
clear.gif

Don't want you to feel any less special because of it, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Rich Owens and Lorenzo Bromell did their pass rushing from the DT spot, not the opposite defensive end spot.

Trace Armstrong was a double digit sack man in Chicago. Having Jason Taylor on the other side didn't effect him. Armstrong was very weak against the run which is why Miami always looked to replace him.

Here is a hard core fact.

Jason Taylor had 1 season in his first 5 where he collected double digit sacks. That was in 2000 when Trace Armstrong got 16.5 sacks at the opposite end spot.

In the last two seasons with Adewale Ogunleye at the opposite end, Jason Taylor had had back to back double digit sack seasons for the first time in his career.

Jason Taylor benefits by having Ogun on the other side. Without Ogun, teams will simply roll their blocking towards Taylor, just as they did when Kenny Mixon was there. As it is, Ogun gets just as much attention as JT.

Nathan...you were making good arguements until the "you are stupid" remark...

At any rate...I am not an advocate of trading Ogun, except that IF this contract thing gets ugly and he plays this year and leaves as it is looking like he will do, why not try to get some picks that can help us this year....But it has to be at least a day one pick this year and a day one pick next year or RS won't make the move...he'll play Ogun this year and deal with it next year...

Your comparison to Dallas blueprint is close, but I don't YET see an Aikman on the roster...perhaps AJ will be, and I do think this is his time, so we will have to wait and see. The reports are that he is doing well, and throws pretty hard as the receivers have had to adjust to his ball.

Replacing Ogun might not be as easy as the 15 sacks. He is a he!! of a runstopper. I can see us looking at the tackle spot before end, even if we trade him off.

OL: I still keep going back to RS and DW, before the owners meeting saying that they feel good about where Whitley and Jerman are right now for the RG spot. They have said recently that St. Clair is a serviceable RT, but my guess is that once Big Mac is ready to go, St. Clair will back up all the line positions or beat out Whitley/Jerman at RG. (Guard or center are more suited to his athletic ablilty than tackle IMO). So it would not surprise me if they don't go OL... as I said there are questions about Andrews, who is clearly the best tackle that will be left for us (no way on Gallery, but maybe we can start some nasty rumors about him so he'll fall to us...LOL). Smiley would be the best fit and pickup for us, but traditionally (and DW being a JJ disciple cements the idea) teams don't go G in the 1st round.

So, WR is a viable choice for us...at this point, we have 3 projects at WR...Tolver who did not get a chance to do anything last year, Minnis who has bulked up and revitalized his efforts to become a better reciever, and Wilkens who after a solid couple of years with the Rams and Colts has seemed to fall off the map. I don't like Thompson personally. He showed nothing when he had his chance last year, except a propensity to drop passes thrown his way and run incorrect routes.

NathanHunt said:
Pitch a fork in him.... he's done.

Mod Note: To the contrary, Nathan. You've now been warned regarding telling other members to shut-up and calling another member stupid. The person who is almost done is you.

Please go to the header and click on Terms of Service (TOS). Review the simple rules for getting along with others here at FinHeaven. Expect to be suspended for the next violation of the house rules. This forum is not provided as a setting in which you can insult others. Disagree, but be civil and mature about it.

I've seen you present some good arguments for your position. Do this without personal insults and you'll be a good contributor to the discussion. Thanks.

P4E

Justasportsfan said:
I doubt the bills will give up both the 1st and 2nd to move up.
Not only move up, but take a guy that probably won't play this year (instead of two picks that could really help out that team). As much as I would love to see that (need a good laugh). I don't think Donahue is that stupid. Maybe their first and a second next year...

I can definately see the draw with drafting a WR...

KBISBACK said:
Why should be go with a wide receiver? Because we have two above average starters and several fringe players behind them. If a starter gets hurt, then this team is up **** creek without a paddle like they were last season. In today's NFL, a team needs three starting caliber wide receivers. This is a passing league.

You can either take a wide receiver that is valued at that particular pick, or you can reach for an offensive tackle.

but I'm concerned as hell that our O-line won't be able to block worth a crap like last year. I really don't want to take a O-lineman that can't challenge this year. I don't know for sure, but I think Carey can, if we don't get Andrews.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom