The Five Kinds Of Miami Dolphins Fans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Five Kinds Of Miami Dolphins Fans

What kind of Dolfan are you?

• The Tailgate Dolphins fan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am the fan that has high hopes every summer, watches every single game, roots as hard as I can, hopes we are still in the hunt at Christmas, and just enjoys being around other fans.

And truly believe we will win a Super Bowl before I die and no pessimist can convince me otherwise.

You must be planning to live for a long, long time, good for you! :laugh

I remember the undefeated season(barely) but more of tailgater at heart

There should be another group. The Dan Marino era Dolphins fan. That is a big group who may not have experienced the domination of the 70's but were there when the Dolphins had the best pure passing QB of all time.
That's where I belong

I laughed at this and losses used to ruin their Mondays part.
I am SO the deserted island fan

Same here. So happy to say I'm not nearly as invested in sports in general anymore. If someone's going to ruin my Monday, it's gonna be me. Would still be happy if we turned into a good team, though

I'm a deserted island fan, but not the way this article described it. It's because, living in Dallas, I feel so alone during game days.

Last edited:

I don't have to explain how long I've been a fan. I'll say I'm a Dolphin fan just like I'm a fan of my High School. I was a fan when they won the state championship, I was a fan when the went 1-9, I'm still a fan. I didn't like the Sparano pick, didn't like the Philbin pick, and have been critical of a number of drafts/FAs. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I can think Nannee sucks, and Martin sucks, but still a fan. In this case, I think this roster has more talent than any in a long time (not saying much, I know). In spite of the purported logic of some, I can be optimistic, but still see all the questions and hype others see. Regardless what group any of us are in, fans can see reality AND be optimistic at the same time. I can hope it won't rain on my wedding, but still pay attention to the weather report.

Definitely the deserted Dolphin fan.

Before Parkey I felt every kick would go wide right.

The New Times publishes this same article every summer. And I’m totally the deserted island Dolphins fan.

Last edited:
Eh, no offense, but I feel like there should be a lot more than 10% of zombie fans around here. At least this time of year.

I'm surprised there are ANY zombie fans here. Of the most optimistic fans here, it seems they all couch there optimism with 'if's' or "I think.' 10 wins predicted by some still leaves 6 losses. I doubt any liked EVERY draft pick. I see a lot of optimism here - a lot more optimism than I have, but I don't see blind optimism. No zombies.

Been a fan since theirs since their last Super Bowl victory. Will I ever learn?

While I disagree with the anti-optimistic term "Zombie" and the presumptuous, looking down their nose at the optimistic point of view for category attitude, I do find myself in the camp of optimistic fans, so I voted zombie.

I wish the poster showed some more logical thought for the categories. Where is the Dan Marino fan, or The Adam Gase fan (that would best describe my position) or the Pessimistic fan, or the Extra Whiney Pessimistic fan or better yet, the New Dolphin Dynasty fan of which I am one?

More reasonable and accurate descriptions for segments of the fan base to identify with would make this a much better thread, IMNSHO!

What would we call the fans who make a point that doesn't come to fruition for months and then when it does for one bad game they come out of the woodwork to gloat about how they were right? We have lots of those here.

What do we call the fans who are all about the draft pick to the point where they think you're an idiot for not rooting against the team as if you're rooting interest affects the outcome of the games? These are my absolute favorite posters, the ones that say, "I guess I don't love meaningless wins" as if the fans who were cheering for the team willed them to victory.

What do we call the fans in the game thread who are ready to give up on the game after the opponent puts together one good drive as if they are expecting us to pitch a shutout or score on every possession every week?

These are 3 of my personal favorites.

Back
Top Bottom