The Fumble: Tannehill Checked Out of a Run Play | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fumble: Tannehill Checked Out of a Run Play

Do you think Tannehill should've changed the play to a pass?

• Total voters
A comment made to try to get a rise out of me no-less.

:lol: Please don't feign indignation on my account. After the last time I called you out on posting flat out lies, you tried the same thing. It doesn't work.

lets see, moore has 14 fumbles and 36 sacks. tannehill has 7 fumbles in 26 sacks. if tannehill gets 7 more fumbles in 10 sacks, then we can start comparing. lol

It's the rate of fumbling. Moore played in 13 games .... he fumbled 14 times. That's 1.07/game in 2011.

Tanny has played in 6 games in 2013. He has 7 fumbles. That's 1.16/game.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

:lol: Please don't feign indignation on my account. After the last time I called you out on posting flat out lies, you tried the same thing. It doesn't work.

What lies?

I just posted the line ...... Moore played in 13 games in 2011 and averaged 1.07 fumbles/game. Tanny in 2013 is averaged 1.16 fumbles/game.

In fact all you've ever done is comment about me personally.

It's the rate of fumbling. Moore played in 13 games .... he fumbled 14 times. That's 1.07/game in 2011.

Tanny has played in 6 games in 2013. He has 7 fumbles. That's 1.16/game.

so you are completely taking out the fact that tannehill has been sacked 26 times in those 6 games, and moore 36 in 12.5? if you say that doesn't matter, 1, i am wasting my time and 2, you aren't too bright.

so you are completely taking out the fact that tannehill has been sacked 26 times in those 6 games, and moore 36 in 12.5? if you say that doesn't matter, 1, i am wasting my time and 2, you aren't too bright.
After having an emotional outburst about contact and non contact. :lol:

well said perfect post
apparently my quote didnt go through, to lazy to go through the entire thread to find what i had highlighted right now...

Filled with passive aggressive shenanigans.

If not wearing permanent rose-colored glasses all the time makes me passive aggressive, then so be it. Sorry some of us actually think our players and our team aren't flawless at this point. I forgot, we already won the Super Bowl so criticisms should be shunned and posters be made fun of on a 24/hour basis on here like it's your job.

I am referring to PFF rating Tannehill 31st in terms of having time to throw. Russell Wilson is at the top with more than 3.1 seconds while Tannehill has 2.57 seconds and is rated at the bottom with Manning and Brady.
That statistic doesn't refer to the time they had to throw. That statistic refers to the average time it took them to throw the ball, based on all the times they did throw it.

If not wearing permanent rose-colored glasses all the time makes me passive aggressive, then so be it. Sorry some of us actually think our players and our team aren't flawless at this point. I forgot, we already won the Super Bowl so criticisms should be shunned and posters be made fun of on a 24/hour basis on here like it's your job.
I was talking about me actually.

the bottom line is tannehill and matt moore do not fumble the football at anywhere near the same clip...pretty much as i expected...i have no way to verify contact vs non contact but i know moore had a bunch of botched center qb exchanges in 2011...and put the ball on the ground all the time...

i also know that tannehill takes care of the ball better than matt moore...so this really is a waste of time

I haven't read the entire thread, but I assume somebody cleaned up the mis-information in the original post.

Tannehill was given two options. 7 man front, run. 8 man front, pass. That was sent in by the coaches, per Philbin. He followed the play call.

Be careful what you post, it can confuse the hell out of people. This thread seems to have confused people who may not have come back to the thread and are mis-informed.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "misinformation in the original post." What the original post consists of is a portion of an article that was posted to the internet, properly quoted, with a link included, along with some statistical probability information from another site. I knew of no other information elsewhere that contradicted this information when I posted it.

Now, by contrast, you're saying Tannehill was given an option to throw or pass based on the defensive front, and you've included no reference for that information. I'm happy to consider it along with the rest of what we've gathered here if it's coming from some sort of reputable source, however. :)

Back
Top Bottom