The Fumble: Tannehill Checked Out of a Run Play | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fumble: Tannehill Checked Out of a Run Play

Do you think Tannehill should've changed the play to a pass?

• Total voters
I corrected my statement to two years ago.

Tanny's got the same slippery hands. This idea that Moore always fumbled without being hit is a complete lie.

Moore in 2011 - 14 fumbles, 6 lost 3 recovered
Tanny already in 2013 - 7 fumbles, 4 lost, 2 recovered (in 2012: 9 fumbles, 4 lost, 1 recovered)

Sooooo,
6+3=9, what happened to the other 5?
4+2=6, what happened to the other 1?
4+1=5, what happened to the other 4?

Did they get sucked up by a black hole in the middle of the field? Your statistics may be a little off.

I already gave it. I said we'd need league-wide data of the kind the poster who I responded to said he collected on Tannehill only. You can't collect data on Tannehill only and make statments about how he compares to other quarterbacks on the basis of that data. PFF at least applies the same standard to all of the quartebacks they're evaluating, which then permits comparisons among them on the basis of that data.
I am referring to PFF rating Tannehill 31st in terms of having time to throw. Russell Wilson is at the top with more than 3.1 seconds while Tannehill has 2.57 seconds and is rated at the bottom with Manning and Brady.

it's not neither here nor there when you say save my excuses...14 fumbles in like 9 games played is like 1.5 per game...tannehills not close to that clip...

14 fumbles in 11 appearances. That is 1.2 per clip.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Sooooo,
6+3=9, what happened to the other 5?
4+2=6, what happened to the other 1?
4+1=5, what happened to the other 4?

Did they get sucked up by a black hole in the middle of the field? Your statistics may be a little off.

Pulled everything from here: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/most-fumbles-and-fumbles-lost/2012/

I haven't read the entire thread, but I assume somebody cleaned up the mis-information in the original post.

Tannehill was given two options. 7 man front, run. 8 man front, pass. That was sent in by the coaches, per Philbin. He followed the play call.

Be careful what you post, it can confuse the hell out of people. This thread seems to have confused people who may not have come back to the thread and are mis-informed.

explain appearances please??? a hand ful of snaps does not count in moores favor if he did that in a couple of games...how many starts did he have vs how many fumbles just like tannehill is what i want to know...

i bet there's a half fumble difference in tannys favor at least

ahh the truth will set you free

What truth? He started 13 games and appear in 12. Those 36 sacks came in those games.

Henne had 11 sacks and Losman 5 ..... THAT'S 52 SACKS THEY GAVE UP IN 2011!

The O-line was struggling that year too.

Apparently neither do you. Great argument Mad Dog .... "Moore fumbled without getting hit! But I have no proof! I'll just speak condescendingly and tell other people to prove otherwise."

I hope you're not a lawyer by trade.
No I said Tannehill was fumbling as a result of contact. It's recent history that if you are watching the games this season you can see what's happening. You responded with "people like you" then brought up Moore and made an inaccurate statement on his fumbling last year. My question was how many fumbles were based on contact. Let me clarify. How many times did Moore fumble as a result of contact? You brought up Moore so I would think you have that data.

Peolple like me? I'm condescending?

What truth? He started 10 games and appear in 11. Those 36 sacks came in those games.

Henne had 11 sacks and Losman 5 ..... THAT'S 52 SACKS THEY GAVE UP IN 2011!

The O-line was struggling that year too.

we aren't even half way through the season, and have half those sacks already...

so 10 starts 14 fumbles for moore...almost a 1.5 clip per game...tanny has started now 22 games i guess we can say 21 if you want since he left so early in the jets game last year how many fumbles he got total???

No I said Tannehill was fumbling as a result of contact. It's recent history that if you are watching the games this season you can see what's happening. You responded with "people like you" then brought up Moore and made an inaccurate statement on his fumbling last year. My question was how many fumbles were based on contact. Let me clarify. How many times did Moore fumble as a result of contact? You brought up Moore so I would think you have that data.

Peolple like me? I'm condescending?

You made the statement (along with Hoops) that Moore fumbled more often by non-contact. I said you were full of crap. You put the onus on me to disprove what you said. I would think you would've had the data as well.

Way to pass the buck.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

so 10 starts 14 fumbles for moore...almost a 1.5 clip per game...tanny has started now 22 games i guess we can say 21 if you want since he left so early in the jets game last year how many fumbles he got total???

He appeared in 13 games that year, started 12. Re-do your stat.

matt moore fumbled taking snaps from center like they were hot cakes...anyways tannehill is not even at a 1.0 clip per start as a fumbler...moore is a almost 1.5 per game guy there

big difference

and if you're wondering where i'm going with all that, is that tannehill is getting hit as much as a qb would get hit in almost a full regular season, and still more than moore did, in 6 games, than moore did in 6 games. meaning more hits increases the probability of the qb loosing the football, since the qb doesn't hold the ball like a RB, to protect it, when they are trying to pass...

I haven't read the entire thread, but I assume somebody cleaned up the mis-information in the original post.

Tannehill was given two options. 7 man front, run. 8 man front, pass. That was sent in by the coaches, per Philbin. He followed the play call.

Be careful what you post, it can confuse the hell out of people. This thread seems to have confused people who may not have come back to the thread and are mis-informed.

Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom