The funny thing about Feeley... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The funny thing about Feeley...

CanadaPhinsFan said:
Here's an excuse...there wasn't anything available that would have been a significant upgrade. What would you have Saban do, trade a few picks to move up and take Smith? Should he have reached and taken Rodgers at #2?

No and No. Im just pissed at Rick Spielman for trading away our 3rd rounder to St. Louis. With that pick we had a shot at Frye.

SkapePhin said:
Hey, if Feeley chokes this year I will be more than happy to dispose of him... But you guys wanting to CUT him THIS year are simply absurd.

WRONG. Not one of us, JD, Blue, or myself ever said that we thought Feeley would be cut this year. He makes the vet min, it would cost more now to cut him. 2006 is a completely different story, when his salary skyrockets to 3.5 mil in addition to getting a roster bonus. There were other people suggesting to cut him this year, but it sure as hell wasn't us.

This is why Feeley will continue to struggle IMO. He is a WCO QB, period. He went through Oregon, and then on to Philly.

In a open offense (Linehan's, Norv's, etc) passing does not rely on timing. It relies on making good decisions, and not just throwing to an area after a specified period of time. If we could trade him to a team like Tampa, I'm sure he'd do as well as Griese. He just doesn't fit our offensive scheme, and I dont know why Spielman didnt realize that.

Actually, What I hope will occur is if Feeley fails this year, to trade for Rivers, or get Brees in FA if he has a decent year.. And if we have a bad record we can always get a Leinart next year seeing as how the majority of the league has a young QB nowadays.

Question, do you guys think a rookie QB would have carry us to a winning season..take a look at our schedule, do you really want a rookie playing against these teams..Resume, Feeley beat the Pats last year, that's a good start for me. He's seen the best and beat them.

Jnaledu3 said:
No and No. Im just pissed at Rick Spielman for trading away our 3rd rounder to St. Louis. With that pick we had a shot at Frye.

Ya, the Brown pick makes trading that 3rd for Gordon even worse now. When there was a chance he would be the starter it didn't seem like such a bad deal.

MDFINFAN said:
Question, do you guys think a rookie QB would have carry us to a winning season..take a look at our schedule, do you really want a rookie playing against these teams..Resume, Feeley beat the Pats last year, that's a good start for me. He's seen the best and beat them.

stop, stop right now before you go way too far. AJ DID NOT beat the Pats. Tom Brady beat the Pats

Dudeman said:
WRONG. Not one of us, JD, Blue, or myself ever said that we thought Feeley would be cut this year. He makes the vet min, it would cost more now to cut him. 2006 is a completely different story, when his salary skyrockets to 3.5 mil in addition to getting a roster bonus. There were other people suggesting to cut him this year, but it sure as hell wasn't us.

This is why Feeley will continue to struggle IMO. He is a WCO QB, period. He went through Oregon, and then on to Philly.

In a open offense (Linehan's, Norv's, etc) passing does not rely on timing. It relies on making good decisions, and not just throwing to an area after a specified period of time. If we could trade him to a team like Tampa, I'm sure he'd do as well as Griese. He just doesn't fit our offensive scheme, and I dont know why Spielman didnt realize that.

Ive seen plenty of the "haters" say cut him, he is trash, not you guys, but plenty... Yet I HAVE seen you guys say you hope that Frerrotte starts, which simply makes no sense.. Why would you HOPE that an investment with potential on YOUR team fails? Its possible that he wont be able to take on Linehan's system, and time will tell on that, but I hold out hope that he can, and I truly believe he is MUCH better than his situation last year led many to believe..

But to hope he fails is dumb imo.. and I fully stand by my claim that with the Tedford stats, Feeley would have been a 1st round pick with the playtime and no injury. He has the size, the arm, etc. for the NFL, with the inflated stats in college like Harrington, Boller, etc. I see no reason why he wouldnt have been a high pick either. That, of course, does not make him a good pro by any means.

MDFINFAN said:

The D stopping the Pats and giving our O the short field, along with an uncharacteristically dumb decision by Brady won that game for us just as much as Feeley. He played well, but it was not a great QB performance. I don;t think he even had 200yds.

Chad Muska said:
Skapephin you seem really in love with Feeley and I can't see why. Just because he was a Tetford Qb doesn't mean he would have gone in the first. You need to have a minumum of talent for that and I'm not even sure AJ has that minimum. Sad to say, but with him as our QB, we are going to another losing season, something like 7-9 even with a better running game and a better D agaisnt the run. Objective #1 for next year draft, a Qb who throws the ball to his own players for a change.

Physical talent is not one of his shortcomings. He has an above average NFL arm and a quick release. In fact, he has a stronger arm than Brady or Pennington. The problem with Feeley is that he hasn't played enough in a stable system to assess the mental aspects of his game i.e progression of his reads and his understanding of coverages. David Woodley wasn't half the QB Feeley is and he went to a SB. What makes you think he can't have a career like Delhomme? Truth is, you don't know, and neither do any of the other Feeley bashers. Yet ,you continue to make disparaging and gratuitous attacks against the guy. No QB in the league took as much punishment as he did last year.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
The D stopping the Pats and giving our O the short field, along with an uncharacteristically dumb decision by Brady won that game for us just as much as Feeley. He played well, but it was not a great QB performance. I don;t think he even had 200yds.

How many QB's have "great games" against the Pats defense? Peyton Manning?

I'am not a Feeley lover, but I think under the right system, he will surprise all of us ( including myself ) feeley can play, his got a good arm and good accuracy, in reference to all the INT from last year is part of a bad system, with a poor offensive line and no running game, would be interesting to see Payton Manning under the same situation that Feeley was in, how he would play.

first&goal said:
I'am not a Feeley lover, but I think under the right system, he will surprise all of us ( including myself ) feeley can play, his got a good arm and good accuracy, in reference to all the INT from last year is part of a bad system, with a poor offensive line and no running game, would be interesting to see Payton Manning under the same situation that Feeley was in, how he would play.

I agree. People forget about all that crap Feeley had to deal with. Honestly,how many QB's could have done well in that situation? give the guy an actual shot before you castrate him.

:roflmao: yeah Feeley won the pats game....are you kidding me........this guy is lucky he wins 6 games as a Fin....WATCH!.............We need a qb as ASAP!................:roflmao:

Dudeman said:
stop, stop right now before you go way too far. AJ DID NOT beat the Pats. Tom Brady beat the Pats

Our D didn't throw that TD pass, while Brady was making mistakes because of pressure, hmm, isn't he suppose to be so good that pressure doesn't make him made mistake, (welcome to AJ's year, it's hard when the D is in face, isn't it brady), while on the other hand, AJ didn't give them a pick, still had pressure in his face, seem to show some growth and looked better than Brady. I wonder, give AJ the time that Brady usually have behind that line, I really wonder what the kid could do..based on some of his throws, hmmm..I thinksss, we have a player...played hurt and still fired that ball..his guy is a player in the makings..I just wish he had a fan base that would give him some time...instead of thinking everyone will be Marino on day one. I still say Marino would have stunk it up behind that OL.

Back
Top Bottom