The funny thing about Feeley... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The funny thing about Feeley...

CanadaPhinsFan said:
The D stopping the Pats and giving our O the short field, along with an uncharacteristically dumb decision by Brady won that game for us just as much as Feeley. He played well, but it was not a great QB performance. I don;t think he even had 200yds.

So he had a Fiedleresque performance then? :lol:

first&goal said:
I dont understand all this anti-Feeley people, we got 3 QB's in our roster now, Feeley appear to be the front runner, we got Frerotte and Rosenfels, hopefully one of three guys are able to play well for us. What about all this hate?.......may be some people are missing Fiedler IMO
I think some people have painted themselves into a corner by deciding that Feeley sucks and if he does play well they are going to look like fools.

I would like to tell those people, I have added all your names to my buddy list, and yes, you will look like fools if Feeley plays well next year. I'll make sure of it.

TARHEEL38 said:
He is a selfish, me first player, without accuracy, or heart..

I don't think much of Feeley and think trading for him was a collossal mistake, but dude, that's a load of crap. The guy doesn't have much of an arm, but he sure as hell has heart...he has a buttload of heart. How else could he have kept getting up and coming back with the buttkicking he took last year behind our horrible offensive line? You really don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Rick 1966 said:
I don't think much of Feeley and think trading for him was a collossal mistake, but dude, that's a load of crap. The guy doesn't have much of an arm, but he sure as hell has heart...he has a buttload of heart. How else could he have kept getting up and coming back with the buttkicking he took last year behind our horrible offensive line? You really don't know what the hell you're talking about.

He has a pretty good arm. Or have I just become ignorant on arm strength from watching Fiedler play for so long?

Thundercracker said:
It would be hard for marino to hit duper or clayton when there's a DL in his face before his WR's took their 3rd step.

PLEASE don't even insult your own argument by trying to compare AJ to Marino. Did you see the 85 Bears game?? Dan had someone hitting him before he could get to his 3rd step. Someone came free on EVERY play. Yet he still carved them up or took the sack. What makes a player great is understanding how much time you have and taking what is there. Understanding you can not throw the ball when you are not sure what is there. There were some times when the OL let AJ down last year. That I will agree with, but it wasn't nearly as bad late in the year. What made it seem that way is defenses found out that if you blitz AJ he would ALWAYS make bad decisions. It is not the OLs fault they cannot block more players than 5 players. If defenses send all the LBs then AJ should be able to understand where the open player.......the one on OUR team, and get him the ball.
It is not just the bad decisions, but also his attitude. He has the ****y way about him that makes him look like an idoit after he screws up time after time. The OL was really coming together at the end of last year in the pass blocking and he never made better decisions on a consistant bases. People keep bringing up OL when talking about AJ, and they are the SAME people who wouldn't let that be part of the argument when talking about Fielder. AJ will never be as good as Jay was, he will never have the heart, courage, or leadership. Jay was a leader without great talent, AJ is slightly more talented, without the brain or courage.
We tried AJ, and he got worse. As for the argument that he would have been a 1st round pick if he got to play more. That is just crazy. The more you see him the more you can see all his many faults and how easy it is to confuse, out think, and beat him. He would NOT have had inflated numbers....well except for interceptions. It is time to cut our losses and move in another direction.

Rick 1966 said:
So he had a Fiedleresque performance then? :lol:

That pretty much sums it up. He didn't go out and win it for us, but he didn't lose it either. Let's see what he can do this season with a decent running game and o-line. Then we'll all be able to make a fair assessment.

Guys Calm Down We Are All Stuck W/ A.j. Love Him Or Hate Him It Doesnt Matter!!!!!
Whoever Wears The Aqua, Orange And White Is My Qb
I Will Stick W/ A.j. Untill The Next Great Savior Comes Around!!!
Jay Had The Head For This Game But Not The Tools I Think A.j. Has The Tools But Not The Head.
I Will Hold Judgement Untill He Has At Least 1 Full Year Under His Belt!!!!

Rick 1966 said:

And exactly what would you have expected him to do, get up and run off the field?? QBs get hit when blitzed in this league. Especially when they make as many bad decisions as AJ. Getting up does not show heart, it just shows you are consistant at making bad decisions. He has less heart than any starting NFL QB, PERIOD. :shakeno:

Thundercracker said:
He has a pretty good arm. Or have I just become ignorant on arm strength from watching Fiedler play for so long?
Feeley has a decent arm, and yes a slot machine has a better arm than Fiedler.

TARHEEL38 said:
He has less heart than any starting NFL QB, PERIOD. :shakeno:

Not even close. I haven't seen many QB's take that kind of pounding and still stay in the game. He could hardly walk, but he still played.

first&goal said:
I dont understand all this anti-Feeley people, we got 3 QB's in our roster now, Feeley appear to be the front runner, we got Frerotte and Rosenfels, hopefully one of three guys are able to play well for us. What about all this hate?.......may be some people are missing Fiedler IMO

He would be major upgrade over what we have now.

TARHEEL38 said:
PLEASE don't even insult your own argument by trying to compare AJ to Marino. Did you see the 85 Bears game?? Dan had someone hitting him before he could get to his 3rd step. Someone came free on EVERY play. Yet he still carved them up or took the sack. What makes a player great is understanding how much time you have and taking what is there. Understanding you can not throw the ball when you are not sure what is there. There were some times when the OL let AJ down last year. That I will agree with, but it wasn't nearly as bad late in the year. What made it seem that way is defenses found out that if you blitz AJ he would ALWAYS make bad decisions. It is not the OLs fault they cannot block more players than 5 players. If defenses send all the LBs then AJ should be able to understand where the open player.......the one on OUR team, and get him the ball.
It is not just the bad decisions, but also his attitude. He has the ****y way about him that makes him look like an idoit after he screws up time after time. The OL was really coming together at the end of last year in the pass blocking and he never made better decisions on a consistant bases. People keep bringing up OL when talking about AJ, and they are the SAME people who wouldn't let that be part of the argument when talking about Fielder. AJ will never be as good as Jay was, he will never have the heart, courage, or leadership. Jay was a leader without great talent, AJ is slightly more talented, without the brain or courage.
We tried AJ, and he got worse. As for the argument that he would have been a 1st round pick if he got to play more. That is just crazy. The more you see him the more you can see all his many faults and how easy it is to confuse, out think, and beat him. He would NOT have had inflated numbers....well except for interceptions. It is time to cut our losses and move in another direction.
Tarheel,

I watched AJ Feeley and Joey Harrington from their first college practices until they graduated and, if Joey Harrington was a first round draft choice, there is NO doubt that AJ Feeley (except for his injury) would have been one, too.

inFINSible said:
I think some people have painted themselves into a corner by deciding that Feeley sucks and if he does play well they are going to look like fools.

I would like to tell those people, I have added all your names to my buddy list, and yes, you will look like fools if Feeley plays well next year. I'll make sure of it.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: OH PLEASE DO STOP!!!! Your scaring me. That is like someone telling me if I won a bet at 1,000,000 to 1 odds they would get to tell me I'm wrong. Well guess what, I win either way. Either I am right, or we develope a servicable QB. I hope AJ can pull off a miracle and become something he's not, just don't expect me to hold my breath until he does.:shakeno:

CanadaPhinsFan said:
Not even close. I haven't seen many QB's take that kind of pounding and still stay in the game. He could hardly walk, but he still played.

Go watch some of the Texans games tapes. The abuse Carr took over the last two years would make what AJ went through seem like a pillow fight.

well i belive that feeley has the talent just has not had his chance he has played behind two #1 draft picks.this year with all the offseason work and all the practices i truley belive we will see a diffrent qb this year plus better coaching.guys lets give this guy a chance he didn't play that bad at the end of the season. in saban we trust

Back
Top Bottom