The funny thing about Feeley... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The funny thing about Feeley...

MDFINFAN said:
Our D didn't throw that TD pass, while Brady was making mistakes because of pressure, hmm, isn't he suppose to be so good that pressure doesn't make him made mistake, (welcome to AJ's year, it's hard when the D is in face, isn't it brady), while on the other hand, AJ didn't give them a pick, still had pressure in his face, seem to show some growth and looked better than Brady. I wonder, give AJ the time that Brady usually have behind that line, I really wonder what the kid could do..based on some of his throws, hmmm..I thinksss, we have a player...played hurt and still fired that ball..his guy is a player in the makings..I just wish he had a fan base that would give him some time...instead of thinking everyone will be Marino on day one. I still say Marino would have stunk it up behind that OL.

It would be hard for marino to hit duper or clayton when there's a DL in his face before his WR's took their 3rd step.

Feely may never be great but he should get one more yr to prove himself. He hasn't even started a full season, and had NO running game and NO OL last yr. I don't think many QB's could have done well in that situation. He did show some improvement each week.

I think Saban is waiting until next yr to draft a QB, when the QB class will be much better. I still would have liked Mcpherson in the 5th as a boom or bust pick but too late now.

Feeley was rated as high as #5 nationally (using the college equivalent of the pro QB rating system) prior to his injury. He averaged over 300 yards passing and 2+ td's per game during that period. One of the teams (in his first start ever, in fact) that Feeley faced was Saban's Michigan State team. Feeley lit them up for nearly 350 yards and 3 tds despite having 9 passes dropped by his wr's.

Feeley was a VERY good college QB and would have been even better with two years under Tedford's tutelage.

stilloldduck said:
Feeley was rated as high as #5 nationally (using the college equivalent of the pro QB rating system) prior to his injury. He averaged over 300 yards passing and 2+ td's per game during that period. One of the teams (in his first start ever, in fact) that Feeley faced was Saban's Michigan State team. Feeley lit them up for nearly 350 yards and 3 tds despite having 9 passes dropped by his wr's.

Feeley was a VERY good college QB and would have been even better with two years under Tedford's tutelage.

Yeah. Before he injured his elbow in the 6th game of the 2000 season, he was completing around 62% of his passes, averaging almost 300 yards per game, and had 12 touchdowns to 1 interception. He was playing very well before his injury. When Joey Harrington took over, he never gave the position back even though Tedford wanted to go back to Feeley once he got healthy.

SkapePhin said:
is that in all likelihood, HE would have been one the QBs everyone would have been bitching about passing over in a draft years ago, had he never been injured.

Afterall, he was a Tedford QB, had a pretty good beginning of his career, so without those injuries, he probably would have become Harrington.

If all of Tedford's other QBs went in the first, I dont see why he wouldnt have..

You don't see why he wouldn't have been a 1st round pick?? Are you joking?? He likes to throw to the other team more than his own. His understanding of a defense is about as indepth as Bugs Bunny's understanding of brain surgery. He is a selfish, me first player, without accuracy, or heart. He has NO leadership qualities, and is too old for us to take the time to try and mold his many short comings into a servicable average QB, which is the best he would ever be if he was on a all star offense.
Believe me when I say, NOBODY would have been upset to have passed him over in the draft....well maybe his mother, but only if she was a Jets fan.

TARHEEL38 said:
You don't see why he wouldn't have been a 1st round pick?? Are you joking?? He likes to throw to the other team more than his own. His understanding of a defense is about as indepth as Bugs Bunny's understanding of brain surgery. He is a selfish, me first player, without accuracy, or heart. He has NO leadership qualities, and is too old for us to take the time to try and mold his many short comings into a servicable average QB, which is the best he would ever be if he was on a all star offense.
Believe me when I say, NOBODY would have been upset to have passed him over in the draft....well maybe his mother, but only if she was a Jets fan.
I'am guessing you are joking.....right?

TARHEEL38 said:
This post is the biggest load of crap in the whole thread.

Exactly, KB!

Feeley was and is a far superior passer to Harrington. If he hadn't had the injury, I have every faith he would have been another first round QB draftee for Tedford.

Given a decent OL and running game, Feeley WILL be a very good QB for the Fins and lots of people will be trying to say they knew it all the time.

stilloldduck said:

Don't even bother. The Feeley bashers are incapable of objective analysis and, like the extreme left wingers in this country you cannot appeal to them with logic. They only see his stats from last year and extrapolate them to suit their narrow minded arguments.

yeah i'll be:roflmao: when your :cry: for a QB 5 games into the season!...........................

I dont understand all this anti-Feeley people, we got 3 QB's in our roster now, Feeley appear to be the front runner, we got Frerotte and Rosenfels, hopefully one of three guys are able to play well for us. What about all this hate?.......may be some people are missing Fiedler IMO

Marino would have looked like crap with the team we had last year. Give the guy a chance.

Back
Top Bottom