The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year...

I want to see the Jets win when sanchez has to throw more than 15 times. I don't think Henne ever threw that amount of times over the span of an entire game! Henne has thrown the ball over 50 times on 3 occasions and performed well with the lack of talent we have. Shuan Green is not going to run for 135 yds every sunday and thomas jones isn't getting younger.

Why would you want Sanchez throwing more than 15 times? C'mon dude. When Henne was winning games he was throwing about that many passes too. That's what makes a good team, a balanced team like the Jets. Stop hating and be realistic man.

I like how you just turned a multi faceted, in depth situation into one sentence without formulating any kind of an argument. Good.
Well, Sanchez just went 12-15 in a playoff game on the road against a pretty good defense. Again, I'm a huge Henne fan, but can you use your head just a little bit? The sample size is too small. Henne might be better and I hope that he is, but we just don't know yet.

F the one playoff game, thats irrelevant. Based on this whole season Henne is clearly better.

"That" didn't happen yet, as next year didn't happen yet, obviously.

Being scared of this Jets team is like being scared of the boogeyman. Meaning they're so fake and it's painfully obvious. Their offense is horrible besides their run blocking OL. Their defense is really good but I don't expect the Jets as a whole to do anything next year or next unless they make major improvements on offense. I don't think the B. Edwards trade did the trick. This year, like the Dolphins last year, is kinda flukey. They are done next week, bank on it. The Colts or Chargers are not the Bengals.

The Jets handled the Bengals again pretty easily yesterday. What makes you so confident the Bengals would have won at the meadowlands if they needed to win?

As for the Colts, the Jets were down 5 points midway through the 3rd when Manning was pulled. That game could have went either way.

Also, Sanchez played outstanding yesterday - if he can keep that up our offense will be a bit better than "horrible".

beat them twice this year and they have the next rex grossman at QB, where the phins have the next tom brady, they will be competitive but not consistent ever

Jets will come crashing back down to earth next year. Hopefully teams on their schedule won't lay down at the end of the year like this season. Miami is a better team then the Jets, proving that by beating them three straight times.

The Jets don't have all their draft picks, thanks to the Edwards and Sheppard trades(I believe they lose three of their seven for those two players). Plus, now that they are in the Final 8, the lack of a new CBA puts them in a huge bind when it comes to signing free agents. They can not sign one, unless they lose a free agent. It will be very tough for the Jets to add a lot of talent to their current team. Basically, the team the Jets have today will be the Jets team on the field in 2010. The Dolphins currently have 9 draft picks and have no free agency restrictions, plus they will also see the return of key players like Brown, Allen, Cobbs and possibly Ferguson.

I still like our chances over the Jets in 2010.

ive said it many times before and ill say it again...the JETS SUCK!

One thing I don’t understand is how the Patriots win Super Bowls and still get to pick at the top of the draft, or have two first round picks, they always have cap room for a player like Moss or Welker, the Jets out bid for Favre, mortgage the future, but even when that flames out, they still pull a giant draft day move, take Sanchez at number five, lose a coach and are still a playoff team. These teams are suppose to be making moves that cost them at some point, but they improve. I’m watching Dallas and the Jets and seeing these teams so far ahead of Miami it is depressing right now. I don’t know what the problem is down here, but I want to see some talent found or brought in, bold draft moves, star players found or stolen or whatever. I want to see some gd big improvement with this franchise I love.

One thing I don’t understand is how the Patriots win Super Bowls and still get to pick at the top of the draft, or have two first round picks, they always have cap room for a player like Moss or Welker, the Jets out bid for Favre, mortgage the future, but even when that flames out, they still pull a giant draft day move, take Sanchez at number five, lose a coach and are still a playoff team. These teams are suppose to be making moves that cost them at some point, but they improve. I’m watching Dallas and the Jets and seeing these teams so far ahead of Miami it is depressing right now. I don’t know what the problem is down here, but I want to see some talent found or brought in, bold draft moves, star players found or stolen or whatever. I want to see some gd big improvement with this franchise I love.
The Patriots have had a solid front office for a decade now, that is why they are able to stockpile picks and always have cap room. Guys like Wannstedt, Saban and Cameron destroyed our cap room and Ireland and Parcells are just now getting it back to normal.

I’m watching Dallas and the Jets and seeing these teams so far ahead of Miami it is depressing right now.

haha how are the Jets so far ahead of Miami? because they made the playoffs? the fact we had a better record up until our end of season losing streak? if we made the playoffs this year would we be the better team? if the Texans and Steelers laid down and took starters out at halftime would we be the better team? what are you basing this on?

The Jets have a better defense...thats it. Theyre not a better team. If we played them a 3rd time we'd beat them again, im sure of it.

They'll be competitive but you guys are making them seem like the 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears.

Nub thanks for that info, they're really not going to change much for next season.

Dude, do you not watch football?
Last year, we went 11-5 and were dominated at home by a pretty good Ravens team. They were nothing special, good defense good running game, but a rookie QB and there were no excuses for the 5 turnovers. Horrible coaching and horrible QB play on our part.
The Jets just went on a run at the end of the season, whether they were handed games or not they still took care of business, and they won a road playoff game. Can you not give them any credit? Really man?
I ****in hate the Jets as much as anyone, believe me, but at least I'm objective. All I ever hear on this site is a how we are HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, and how good we are. Bro, seriously, we suck. We just went 7-9 and ****in blew a chance at the playoffs 2 straight weeks at home against decent (at best) teams.
Our defense is not anywhere close to what the Jets have, and it's in large part because of how well coached they are defensively and how terribly we are coached defensively. Parcells won't fire Pasqualoni though, because he never fires his pals. And I'm sure none of you will object to the word of the almighty Pat White fan Bill Parcells.
Our offensive line really is not close to what the Jets have either. The Jets don't have great running backs, but they run the ball better than anyone because they dominate the line of scrimmage. They also do a little something called PASS BLOCK. Something the dolphins and their antiquated ideals know nothing about. On the outside, Edwards is inconsistent while Cotchery is a pretty good receiver. Nothing great, but it's much better than what we have. Be serious. Dustin Keller is also a playmaker that I would kill for on this team right now.
As far as Sanchez vs Henne, that's far from being decided pal. And I'm a huge Henne fan.
Basically my point is that the Jets are better than us at almost every position. You want to tell me about how we swept them? Yeah, that's really nice, I hope you all are happy. Guess what? The Jets are making a deep playoff run, and we suck. You ****ing homers can accept it or keep making your bull**** excuses.
Flame away.

A.) We dont suck. We are medicore. If we sucked, we would be 3-13 or 4-12

B.) Our line is as good as the Jets. Thomas Jones has run for over 1,400 yards for two years straight. Which rb do we have that has done that? We lost our starting running back midway through the season or did you forget that. IF we dont lose Ronnie then we probaby have TWO 1000 rushers. Yea the line is TERRIBLE. Both teams averaged about 4.5 yards per carry. They rushed the ball 100 times more than we did. We also score more rushing tochdowns by the way.

What about passs blocking? They could blitz all they want, because we dont have the receivers that Sanchez has. They cant get open and Henne needs to learn to throw the ball away. We also had injuries. How many times was Sanchez pressured or hit? We gave up 4 more sacks and 10 more pressures. WOOOOOOW. We threw the ball alot more ( we threw the ball about 130 times more than they did.) More passing opportunities = more chances for pressures and saacks.

C.) I see. So when we would win the first game in the playoffs and then get killed in the Divisional series, we had made a DEEP playoff run? They may win next week, but please spare me this crap. Getting to the divisional playoffs is not a deep playoff run.

D.) If the jets were that much better than use. They would have won more than TWO freaken game more than us. There is such a thing as being talented underachievers. Look at Houston.

E.) I agree with quite of few of your points. You seem like an intelligent person. However here is were you have a problem: you dont remember 2007. OMG WHO CARES ABOUT 2007???? 2007 is important for only ONE reason: it showed you how crappy the team's drafting and fa had been. This team had very little talent. 2008 spoiled alot of people ( like I knew it would.) 2008 was a fluke, a great fluke, but a fluke nontheless. We are probably talentwise to the schedule to what happned this year than the year before. We dont have the talent yet. Are these the right guys to get it? IDK, they have done good things and bad things. I think next year will say ALOT about the future of the team. Saying that we are not going in the right direction because we lost 9 games may be inaccurate if you take into account all the **** that happened this year. WE are not talented enough to lose so many starters and still win.

You may see these comments as "bull****" excuses, but I hope you are a little bit more mature and understand that when things are back up by FACTS, they stop being bull****.

I think the Jets and Fins are pretty close right now, I'm not sure how you can say the Jets are "so far ahead of Miami". You guys beat us in two close games this year, so how are we so far ahead?

The Patriots have had a solid front office for a decade now, that is why they are able to stockpile picks and always have cap room. Guys like Wannstedt, Saban and Cameron destroyed our cap room and Ireland and Parcells are just now getting it back to normal.

I really dont understand why people cant see that. Are these guys the ones to lead us back? IDK, but to expect it in 2 years after the disaster that occur for almost a ****en decade is VERY near sighted.

I think the Jets and Fins are pretty close right now, I'm not sure how you can say the Jets are "so far ahead of Miami". You guys beat us in two close games this year, so how are we so far ahead?

You guys are better. I think you have a chance to be REALLY good if Sanchez pans out. I mean you guys could be scary good if he even becomes a tier 2 type QB. I dont doubt that you guys are better, but some of the comments on here are beyond ridiculous.

SORRY I HONESTLY DO NOT BELIEVE THAT, WE BEAT THEM TWICE REMEMBER????????? :thanks:

yes they did but they are in the playoffs and have one playoff win which Miami hasnt won a playoff game since 2003 and yes the jets have passed us by because they have a defense and good coaching while we have incompetent coordinators and a passive head coach.

if Sparano pulls his head then we might can finish 3rd in the afc east next year but dont be suprised if Buffalo passes us by too.

truth is we didnt beat any good teams this year and the jets, Oakland, tenn , and even Houston and Kansas city have pulled off upsets.

Back
Top Bottom