The Jets in a landslide... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets in a landslide...

I dont agree, our arch rival is the bills by default. NY and Boston go way back, NE and NY are mortal enemies.

Originally posted by bryan allen
I dont agree, our arch rival is the bills by default. NY and Boston go way back, NE and NY are mortal enemies.

I think it is the Jets.

Historically, we have owned the Bills, there was no rivalry there at all until the 1990's.

The Jets were already a fierce rival in the 1980's with some amazing shootouts between Marino and O'Brien (who only played well against the Fins)

In the 80's -
The 51-45 game, the 14-0 AFC championship game, the cheap shot that ended Dwights career, the blowout when we ended their season

Later came the Clock play - one of the more famous of Marino's career

And then this decade the Jets always seeming to find a way to beat us including the Monday Night Miracle/Debacle

Finally, if you live in Miami , and go to the games, the number of Jets fans at the games make them the most hated of any team.

Originally posted by zachseau13

I think it is the Jets.

Historically, we have owned the Bills, there was no rivalry there at all until the 1990's.

The Jets were already a fierce rival in the 1980's with some amazing shootouts between Marino and O'Brien (who only played well against the Fins)

In the 80's -
The 51-45 game, the 14-0 AFC championship game, the cheap shot that ended Dwights career, the blowout when we ended their season

Later came the Clock play - one of the more famous of Marino's career

And then this decade the Jets always seeming to find a way to beat us including the Monday Night Miracle/Debacle

Finally, if you live in Miami , and go to the games, the number of Jets fans at the games make them the most hated of any team.

I disagree ....

Buffalo always been Miami biggest rival.The Jets rivalry has taken off since Miami was on that long losing streak against the Jets.

let me speak for most all fin fans who live in western NY. Its the bills hands down. fin fans from south florida dont understand what its like to go through a championship game in buffalo while watching the fins go down. there will never be another memory of bills fans worse than that for me. the reason the rivalry is so huge for the bills is exactly becuase we kicked their azz for so long. now they want payback to never end. but the only thing they have to hang their head on is that the fins fade in december. meanwhile, the bills go 7-9, 3-10, 4-12, 8-8. yadda yadda yadda. :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by minus

I disagree ....

Buffalo always been Miami biggest rival.

This is just not true.
Buffalo never won a game against Miami in the 1970's. How could they be their biggest rival then?

In the 1980's the Jets were a much bigger rival than the Bills with more close games and a great deal more animosity.

In the 90's the Bills were a bigger rival

But, beginning with the late 90's until last season the Jets have been a bigger rival again

If you have only been watching football for the last 15 years you would be right in thinking it was the Bills.

But the Dolphins are in the NFL for 33 years, not 15

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it will always be the Bills because my step-brother is a huge Bills fan.

from my perspective growing up in NY and living in CT, it is 100% the Jets even though I am only 3 hours from Foxboro. But in So Fla there are sooo many NY'ers / Jets fans that that make the rivalry worse. As long as I have been old enough to be an intense NFL fan - late 70's - the Jets have been our biggest rival except for the bills SB losing years

This is just not true.
Buffalo never won a game against Miami in the 1970's. How could they be their biggest rival then?

In the 1980's the Jets were a much bigger rival than the Bills with more close games and a great deal more animosity.

In the 90's the Bills were a bigger rival

But, beginning with the late 90's until last season the Jets have been a bigger rival again

If you have only been watching football for the last 15 years you would be right in thinking it was the Bills.

But the Dolphins are in the NFL for 33 years, not 15

Well I'm guessing it all come down to who the hotter team at the time and that what determine Rivals.I think Jets are on a decline again and Buffalo its on way up again.

For me, personally, it's the Jets, and most of it comes from that 8-game losing streak. I absolutely despise the Jets, and I think they may be about my least favorite professional sports franchise, rivaled by only the Lakers and the Yankees.

Originally posted by dolphan39
from my perspective growing up in NY and living in CT, it is 100% the Jets even though I am only 3 hours from Foxboro. But in So Fla there are sooo many NY'ers / Jets fans that that make the rivalry worse. As long as I have been old enough to be an intense NFL fan - late 70's - the Jets have been our biggest rival except for the bills SB losing years

Exactly correct, the Fins were 20-0 against the Bills in the 70's and 12-8 against them in the 1980's. The were not a rival at all until the 1990's.

Against the Jets, in the 80's (Marino's best years) Miami actually had a losing record 9-10-1

The hatred between Boston and NY over the sox and yankees transcends everything being discussed here. Its not about us and the bills its about the 100 years of sports rivalry between these two cities.

Originally posted by bryan allen
The hatred between Boston and NY over the sox and yankees transcends everything being discussed here. Its not about us and the bills its about the 100 years of sports rivalry between these two cities.

What are you talking about?

Yes, they have a bigger rivalry but the topic of this thread is who is the Dolphins's biggest rival.

Not who has the biggest rivalry in sports

Why don't you bring up Army-Navy also?

biggest rival?

64% New York Jets
19% Buffalo Bills
11% New England Patriots
5% Oakland Raiders
1% Other - like the Colts :confused:

:confused: DAMN I HOPED THERE WAS REALLY A LANDSLIDE..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you talking about?

Yes, they have a bigger rivalry but the topic of this thread is who is the Dolphins's biggest rival.

Not who has the biggest rivalry in sports

Why don't you bring up Army-Navy also?

You can't sit here and tell Jets biggest rival because is just not true.Is really depends who the hotter team is at current time.The Jets have a long history of losing seasons period.

Back
Top Bottom