The Jets in a landslide... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets in a landslide...

I will say this, as a 33-y/o Fins fan who has been a fan for 30 years, (I have the photos to prove it) - there is very little that can match my hatred of the Jets, and I think the majority of the Fins fans (and the poll) will back me on this. If we HAD to have a losing season, well, okay - we've only had two in the last 30+ years. Just beat the Jets. Twice.

The most compelling argument I've seen here is that the Jets and Fins will ALWAYS get up for their rivalry, and it transcends the records of each team during that year. Remember 1986? The Fins were just *bad* - finished 8-8, but week 12 of that year was one of my favorite games of the 80s. The Jets came in at 10-1, the Fins were 5-6 - and the Fins promtly beat the snot out of the Jets 45-3, sending them into a 5-game losing skid. Likewise the crazy 51-45 game that the Jets won previously that year, the massive comeback by the Jets two years ago, the "fake spike" game, etc. These two teams just despise each other, and they always will.

Seems to be a rivalry is determined by who the majority of the fans hate more. Right now, most Dolphin fans seem to hate the Jets. Therefore, the Jets are our biggest rivarly.

Back
Top Bottom