The Jets in a landslide... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets in a landslide...

Originally posted by zachseau13

What commercial was that?
That must have been local.
I never saw it in the Miami area
I've seen it, but I think it was when I was at school in LizardLand. I think it was ESPN.

It was either a NFL Shop commercial or a NFL Sunday Ticket one. Not sure which one though.

+++ OAKTOWN AND MIAMI

posted by 1972dolphins [/i]

Raiders vs. Chiefs = Dolphins vs. Jets

Raiders vs. Broncos =Dolphins vs. Bills

Raiders vs. Chargers = Dolphins vs. Pats

That's what it is...We are just like the Raiders in the West..

EVERYBODY HATES US....:lol:

that's because both the raiders and fins are both always

competitive.....................................................:pirate:

As a general rule most Dolfans hate the Jets and find the other 2 more annoying than anything else. This can be attributed to the Jets fans and media more than wins and losses, which will always be part of the game.

Originally posted by BillsFan4Life
"Of course its the JETS!!! Dont you remember the commercial with the dolphin fan with zacks jersey sitting in the Jets bar!!! Then standing and screaming yes! "

If you plan on going by commericals, then you should remember there was a commercial of a Miami fan who lived in Buffalo, and got his car pelted with snowballs from Buffalo fans on his way to work every day......

The commercial shows that the bills biggest rival is Miami. That doesn't mean its the other way around. A bills fan who lives in Miami is mostly ignored b/c the Bills aren't the biggest rival.

Buffalo dislikes Miami. I have been watching since 1987 and I never knew why. But every Bills player passes it on to the next generation. All rookies are told to beat Miami. Local fans know it. And yes, it matters around here. I never understood why. I mean, I have never seen the Dolphins play a Super Bowl. But that's the way it is around here.

As for needing a team's fans to care in order to make it a rivalry, we could care less about whether you care or not. All I know is that I cheered for the Pats when they got lucky and I would cheer with the Jets and their fireman if jersey ever made it. But no way would I ever cheer for Miami.

It certainly can't be how good Miami is anymore. I mean, that was the 70's. I think Bills fans hate Miami because you are the "different" team. Jersey and NE are both cold, NE teams. You wear weird colors and play in Florida. That's probably the reason.

Don't tell anyone this, and I would deny it if challenged publicly... but if our season ended without too much blame going to the Jills... and then you guys went on a run in the play-offs... I would actually cheer for you to take the Lombardi, basically because the Clumps and Tatonka's of the world are decent enough folks who've lived thru the painful years. Moulds, I'd want something to happen to you so you were in a coma thru it all and only got to hear about it all when you came to. (That's cuz of that problem keeping smack and smack-bait in the smack forum.:p)

Hard to say why, but with the Jets in a similar situation I could only hope that their loss is devastating. (Sorry, neighbors.:()

Originally posted by baalworship

As for needing a team's fans to care in order to make it a rivalry, we could care less about whether you care or not. All I know is that I cheered for the Pats when they got lucky and I would cheer with the Jets and their fireman if jersey ever made it. But no way would I ever cheer for Miami.

The original question was Who is Miami's biggest rival. Its rare that you hear any Dolphin's players saying "we need to beat Buffalo" outside of the standard "we need to win division games". Its also rare to hear any Miami fans say Buffalo is our biggest rival. (outside of this board, probably b/c the # of Bills fans) So if the team and fans don't care, Buffalo can't be our biggest rival. If Bills players and fans hate Miami then Miami may be their biggest rival, but that wasn't the original question.

I've been watching the Dolphins so long that I have vivid memories of truly suck-fest Bills, Patriots, AND Jets teams.

Over the team's entire history, I'm inclined to see the Raiders as our biggest rival. Kenny Stabler, you go to hell! You go to hell and you die!

Sorry. Old habits die hard.

It's wierd because they do not play each other that often but a Dolphins/Raiders game is always looked forward to by both teams.

Last year on Ebay tickets to that game averaged over $100 per ticket in the upper level.

Originally posted by baalworship
Buffalo dislikes Miami. I have been watching since 1987 and I never knew why. But every Bills player passes it on to the next generation. All rookies are told to beat Miami. Local fans know it. And yes, it matters around here. I never understood why. I mean, I have never seen the Dolphins play a Super Bowl. But that's the way it is around here.

It certainly can't be how good Miami is anymore. I mean, that was the 70's. I think Bills fans hate Miami because you are the "different" team. Jersey and NE are both cold, NE teams. You wear weird colors and play in Florida. That's probably the reason.

Face it Baal, the reason why Buffalo hates Miami is envy. Envy of the fact that for almost 17 years buffalo never won even one of it's games against Miami. Unless you're using that Buffalo math (i.e. 4 losing efforts in the superbowl is a success) that's a little longer than just one decade, it actually stretch into three decades (60's,70's,80's).

All the teams in the AFC east hate us because of envy. Envy because no matter the year Miami fields a competitve team. It doesn't matter who is at the top of the division. Whoever it is, every year, the team they must finish better than is Miami. You look at a couple of years back to see 3 wins in an entire season. Miami fans look back 30 years to the founding year of the team to find a suck-*** record such as that. It's envy, that's all..

very nice......1972dolphins and rafeal, way to go!

I like the way you took that feeble attempt by baalworship to turn this thread into smack and planted it directly in the ground.

How did you guys ever resist the "weird colors" remark?....:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom